Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 02-03-2017, 03:45 PM   #1
16_18

Trader Rating: (0)
16_18 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question about KA24DE head

So I bought this car just over a year ago, and just pulled the engine yesterday. The guy I bought it from seemed pretty clueless about cars but it appears as though the engine is not the original one from the car. That's mostly irrelevant.

Upon inspection of the head near the exhaust manifold, I noticed this:
and upon further inspection on the back side of the head (which would be near the firewall), there's this .

Two markings of 3L on the head? Now I'm not an expert on engine markings, but on the SR20DET I'm swapping in I checked the same spot on the back of the head (there weren't any visible makings near the exhaust ports) I found this .

Just curious if my KA has a different, non-OEM head on it? If so, could anyone provide any info on it? Google has not done me well and the forum search function isn't working on my phone (no access to a computer at this garage).

Thanks in advance!
16_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links