Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 12-18-2016, 04:39 AM   #121
nichthen
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
nichthen is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Cool build dude, Love the colour! LP2 is one of my favourites.
nichthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2016, 10:04 AM   #122
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
jerry_beans is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by justchrisyo View Post
I only ask because on the back of the bottle it says "Bottled, filtered drinking waters recommended. Distilled water not recommended , unless mixed with 50% antifreeze. I'm honestly not tryna sound like I know more lol. I just sell that at my job and remember reading about it.
Oh shit! I didn't read that on the back loll! It's worked well on mine and my buddy's car! Filtered water will cause mineral build up, that's why I've always used distilled. And so far my radiator hasn't had any of that white mineral build up.

That's a good catch though! I would've never noticed!
Old 12-21-2016, 08:09 AM   #123
justchrisyo

Trader Rating: (0)
justchrisyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry_beans View Post
Oh shit! I didn't read that on the back loll! It's worked well on mine and my buddy's car! Filtered water will cause mineral build up, that's why I've always used distilled. And so far my radiator hasn't had any of that white mineral build up.

That's a good catch though! I would've never noticed!
Yeah I didn't know if it would've affected the engine in any way, but if it's worked well before I'm sure it's just a precaution they want the buyer to take. I just realized you're from Texas, so I see why you'd use it lol.
Old 09-18-2018, 01:22 PM   #124
240msh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
y did this thread stop </3 lol
Old 09-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #125
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240msh View Post
y did this thread stop </3 lol
UPDATE!:

I’ve been recently busy with a full time job and being a full time student! Sorry for the lack of content. I have a ton of updates to post. I’m extremely close to getting this thing on the road! I miss driving it!
Old 09-30-2018, 03:17 PM   #126
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

So to add a little insight to my last “busy” post. Some of you might know, I’ve been a full time employee and student recently. I recently became a paramedic after putting it off for some time. I’ve worked at one of the busiest local Emergency rooms (level 2 trauma facility) for the past 7 years. That journey recently came to an end, when I decided to leave the hectic environment, and chose to pick up a part time job at a local micro hospital ER. I did this so I can go back to school full time so I can get my BSN. Between all this stress with switching jobs, my medic license, and being tight on cash, I put the s14 last on my list of things to do. Now that I have more time to wrench, I hope to finish this up within the next few months. WITH ALL THAT BEING SAID....

Finally, I got some work done. First and foremost, I have to thank my boy Justin for always lending a helping hand! Fucker always comes through when I need advice, clarity, and a second set of hands.

A while back I had finally installed my Maverick Motorsports adapter plate to the engine. I originally used the Z33 carrier, pivot ball, fork, and SR20 TOB. When We put it all together, the TOB would barley make contact with the pressure plate fingers

Here are some pics of the TOB/pressure plate finger contact.

I got super frustrated. Justin and I started searching threads and forums to see what could be done about this. I had so much information at one time, I ended up mixing up all the info we found. IDK where is thought I read I’d need a z32 pivot ball, but I ended up ordering that and a brand new SR TOB and carrier.

Last night I separated the trans from the block, installed the z32 pivot ball, joined the SR TOB to the carrier, installed that and mated the trans back to the engine. This was where the fork sat. It was extremely tight. No wiggle room whatsoever.

The difference in height between the z32/z33 pivot ball (yes I’m Mexican and that is one of those Mexican blankets on top of my car lolololol)

So then Tin and I separated the trans from the engine AGAIN, and swapped out the z32 pivot for the z33. We put it all back together and ended up with this. Finally.

So I need some advice from you all, the community.

I’ve been contemplating on tubbing my engine bay and relocating the fuse box either to my glove box, or under the airbag tray on the dash.

Some of my buddies are telling me just to leave it as is, but I would enjoy having that clean look.

I need to paint the bay before I drop in the engine (obviously) and I just wanna know which way you all lean more towards. Pointers and tips always welcomed!

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by jerry_beans; 09-26-2019 at 02:43 PM..
jerry_beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 03:42 AM   #127
jbcm12

jbcm12 is an unknown quantity at this point
I've read this thread before and I just reread the whole thing, great build! I can't wait to see the maverick cd009 setup as thats what I plan to run. I just recently cut my tubs out but don't plan to tub it out and just leave it open but I sent my harness to Drift_Alive to redo my harness for me.
jbcm12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2018, 10:06 PM   #128
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
read the build from the beginning. really nice work and im glad you're taking your time with it and focusing on your work and school more. You won't regret it one bit.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:52 AM   #129
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Jerry,

dont tub it. not until you wreck it. Get this shit done and go drive.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #130
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcm12 View Post
I've read this thread before and I just reread the whole thing, great build! I can't wait to see the maverick cd009 setup as thats what I plan to run. I just recently cut my tubs out but don't plan to tub it out and just leave it open but I sent my harness to Drift_Alive to redo my harness for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjurisprudencia View Post
read the build from the beginning. really nice work and im glad you're taking your time with it and focusing on your work and school more. You won't regret it one bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
Jerry,

dont tub it. not until you wreck it. Get this shit done and go drive.
Thanks for the feedback my dudes! I just saw this this morning. I recently moved into a new house with a buddy of mine. My car is staying at my old place until some room clears up in “my” new garage, But before i bring it over, it’s going over to paint. Time to get this car running again. The time is nearing boiz!!
Old 05-01-2019, 04:21 PM   #131
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
I’m beyond hyped for you my man! I can’t wait to see this all together, and for you to finally enjoy all the hard work that you’ve been putting in!

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 05:43 PM   #132
kanyedian
Zilvia Junkie

kanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nicekanyedian is just really nice
Ayyee read through the first page. Very cool build progression. Makes me excited to get working on my S
kanyedian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 07:01 AM   #133
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Very entertaining !
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 02:07 PM   #134
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Finally, a step in the right direction.

School and work is still kicking my ass. I thought the change in jobs was going to relieve some of that stress. NOT. ONE. BIT.

I called up a good buddy of mine a few days ago. He's a mechanic and a fabricator. I will be taking my car over to his shop in the following week to prep the engine bay for paint. after the bay gets painted, he will be dropping in the engine for me and buttoning up whatever else may need addressing. Im extremely excited! Can't wait to have this piece of shit back on the road.
What a huge weight off of my shoulders. Joe, you're the man! cheers, pops!
Old 09-28-2019, 07:40 AM   #135
jloya

jloya is an unknown quantity at this point
I’m excited fir you Jerry!
jloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2019, 09:34 PM   #136
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Im sure most of you are aware of Final Bouts 2020 event schedule! This Year, Special Stage South will be in none other than that Dirty Dirty Town of the H, also known as Houston Texas! With this announcement, the "team" and i decided to make the attempt to be in the event! We've submitted an application and are all currently working on getting our cars up and running!

i wanna thank DramaXIV, FatCats Mike, JYWorld, and Final Bout For lighting that fire under my ass! Even If we don't make the cut, I'm making it a goal to attend the event in my S14. Its Been a LOOOONG time coming, but we"re finally going to meet the rest of the Texas Boys.

Ill have some more updates as we get closer to the finished product. Joe S. over at JF Fabrication will be putting in the wrench time this time around! thank you Joe the welder!

Not much yet, but progress nonetheless.

Dont mind the foil on the hard lines, prepping for paint.
Old 12-03-2019, 06:55 AM   #137
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
awesome!!!!

See you soon!!!
Old 12-03-2019, 07:35 AM   #138
Krusty_s13
Zilvia Addict

Krusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud ofKrusty_s13 has much to be proud of
YES! I am definitely going to have to come up for this event!
Old 12-11-2019, 07:48 AM   #139
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
See y'all there!

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 07:07 PM   #140
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Some updates as of today.

Joe pulled off the rack and gave it a cleaning.

We ended up relocating it 25mm forward.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/tDZcsw8.jpg?1[/img

I hit up my buddy Arturo over at Express Body shop for Paint. Its a single stage black with hardener and extra clear.

Im happy with the way it came out!

Previously, i was debating on wether i should tub my bay or leave it as is. i decided to clean it up and leave it as is. Going over my "repaired" rad support, Joe decided he'd re-weld everything back on.

"I'm glad you did such a crappy job at welding your radiator support back on, it makes it that much eisier for me to remove" -joe. lolololol. FML.

We decided on making the rad support detachable for ease of future engine pulls. Here are some pics of the patch work.

He made some of the plates removable that way i can remove the harness if need be.

Everything is lining up perfect now! Joe has a great eye for detail. Super stoked hes on this project.

He'll be stitch welding the rest of the metal joints and reassembling the front so we can take it to paint on Monday! After paint, we'll be tossing in the SR FINALLY!

Final Bout, Here we come!
Old 12-16-2019, 09:34 AM   #141
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Better hurry up!!!!!
Old 12-18-2019, 01:20 PM   #142
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

These threads at work are giving me an itch again, glad to see progress bro!
Old 12-19-2019, 10:37 AM   #143
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

I spent a day off with joe 2 days ago. one thing i had asked him for was a removable radiator support that still maintained structure and integrity. it took us the entire day to do, but we got it all figured out.

Like an idiot, I chopped up my old rad support for my Parts Shop MAX high mount intercooler. I cut way more metal off of it than i needed, which made the horizontal part of it very flimsy. Luckily i was able to source a complete rad support locally for a very reasonable price.

Joe re-welded all the outer components of the support, utilizing the old pieces. We then measured up the new support to mark it for cuts. we got it all cut up and mocked up to figure out the situation.

Joe ended up using 16 gauge sheet metal to create a box on the ends of the center portion of the rad support. he welded the pieces up and spot welded them in to place.

After we got it all propped up, I test fit a piece I've been very excited about. I had hit up Clayton Kyle over at Fine Arc Precision Welding in Tucson Arizona for one of his aluminium fan shrouds. I've been sitting on this piece for 2 years now. Stoked to finally be able to run it in a decent looking engine bay. i mocked it up to the Koyo rad with some clamps to mark it up for the mounting tabs. here are some pics.

This thing is STURDY! Joe did an amazing job at fabbing this up for me.

Yesterday I towed the car over to paint using my homies Baja style tundra. thing is a monster. Thank you, Adrian! Love you bro! (projekt_fullmetal_jacket on instagram).

I should be getting the car back tomorrow. I'll have it taken back over to JS Fab for the engine drop in and should have the car up and running in a the following week or so!

Old 12-19-2019, 10:40 AM   #144
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
Better hurry up!!!!!
Very soon Jimmy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjurisprudencia View Post
These threads at work are giving me an itch again, glad to see progress bro!
Thank you! Im stoked to have a running car again.
Old 12-19-2019, 11:04 AM   #145
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

wow great progress!!!

should be ready to rip soon
Old 12-26-2019, 01:05 PM   #146
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

Yesss can’t wait to see paint !
Old 12-28-2019, 11:57 AM   #147
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
So good, makes me want to go wrench!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #148
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Alright, Dudes!

Engine bay is painted! Picked it up today and delivered it back to Joe at JS Fab this morning.

At JS Fab.

Also got my wheels powder coated. The previous paint was no bueno, so i had a local homie do it!

Im dropping off the SR20 tomorrow at the shop. Joe is gonna drop it in. hopefully the car will be running within the next week or so!

Wish me luck, Homies!

Final Bout South, ya boi is rollin out!
Old 12-29-2019, 07:16 AM   #149
S14rebuild
BANNED

Trader Rating: (8)
S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild S14rebuild
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Lookn good. Almost did my bay that color. Came out great!
S14rebuild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2019, 06:06 PM   #150
jerry_beans
Zilvia FREAK!

Proud/scared/nervous to announce that FRISKY NIPPS will be at Final Bout Special Stage South!

We got accepted! This is insane! Never in a million years did I think we’d make the cut. Car should be up and running in the following week! I’ll keep posting updates as they come up! Looking forward to linking up with all the FATCATS and ESSENCE homies! If you’re out in Houston, pull up March 1st!

Everyone that comments, looks at, and hypes me up on this thread, THANK YOU ALL. Interacting with all of you Zilvia homies is fucking rad! Much love