Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-08-2018, 12:30 PM   #241
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send me more pics of the car with the clear tails.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2018, 04:07 PM   #242
Mitsubayati
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
Mitsubayati is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Mitsubayati
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil_D View Post
I got a pair of 215/35/18’s for the front so I cant try and save my fenders a little

[/IMG]

Nice build dude. What is the width on the wheels you're running up front? Trying to decide tire sizes too.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:48 AM   #243
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
Lil_D is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip2Flow View Post
y00000 the car is looking fire!!!! Love the work that Paul has done!
thank you! Paul did amazing work

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
that fiberglass work is absolutely phenomenal
Paul is a magician im so happy with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
You had me at F40...

Great F'ing thread and love the final paint choice!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
Holy fuck! That's a whole lotta work to make that kit fit and it came out great, that's something to admire. good job man! Please dont put it against a wall.
Thank you! i didnt put it in the wall at super d thankfully

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
You're crazy, can't wait to see it in person.
yeah im kinda dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMW View Post
car is looking seriously cool now
Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin93zx View Post
Fuck off man. That looks so damn good.
Thank you franklin! miss you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
its coming together really nice... its great to see this car evolve
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecl9 View Post
wow i love all the custom work to make that kit fit! So how hard is it to get in and out of the car with lambo doors???
Its a pain in the ass to get in in out with lambo doors and thrash seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makstraw View Post
Sooooo much win in this thread. Love the kit.
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostzilla View Post
Looks amazing !
Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by koukizhang View Post
holy cock this is dope
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFITTZY View Post
Good god, I just spent the better part of two hours going through your entire thread and am blown away
So many unique touches, keep it up OP. Subbed
Thank You very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomChan View Post
Damn Derek this is awesome!
Thanks Dom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cured13 View Post
what is an overal size of that intercooler and pipes diameters that you choose?
I dont remember the overall size but its 2.5" thick and it was pretty small so i could make sure it wasnt the lowest point on the car. Intercooler piping is 2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-Offset View Post
damn dude. this thing is unreal now!! so crazy how far its come. love the dedication to sticking with the same chassis!
Thank You it was good seeing you at super d

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL240SXDRIFT View Post
Amazing work. That color is crazy good!
Thank you very much

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
lots of work done, please don't wreck this!!!
I'll try not to but its built to drift lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Send me more pics of the car with the clear tails.
I'll text you now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitsubayati View Post
Nice build dude. What is the width on the wheels you're running up front? Trying to decide tire sizes too.
these are 18x9

I have a lot to post hopefully this week or weekend I will have time to sit down and write up something for super d and the days prior to the event.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:43 PM   #244
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Man I am SOO glad you didn't totally destroy the car at Super D.

Man I am SOOO pissed at myself that I did not look at your car more closely while I was there, I didn't even realize it was yours!
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:48 PM   #245
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Man I am SOO glad you didn't totally destroy the car at Super D.

Man I am SOOO pissed at myself that I did not look at your car more closely while I was there, I didn't even realize it was yours!
I'm glad i didn't destroy my aero also. I did do some damage to it but not horrible

4/11/18

I went to Justin's shop with some of my friends that were heading to super d with me. The plan was to leave on the 11th at night to socal and tune the car on the 12th then test for super d on the 13th for a couple hours. That didn't work out well haha.

So on the 11th We started doing all the little things and wiring everything up so I would be able to tune. Wiring and installing the interior ended up taking way longer than we thought it would and Justin and I stayed up all night wiring and installing the interior. We ended up finishing the wiring and interior install around 8-9am on the 12th. We werent completely done with the wiring but we got all the important stuff wired and I was fine with that. I was supposed to be on the dyno in socal at 9am on the 12th and now I was unsure if I would be able to get dyno time on the 13th and be able to drive super d. Here are some pics from that night.

I installed the front bumper to see how the headlight tint looked with the paint

We got the interior from the upholstery shop and I'm thoroughly impressed with the quality of the work that was done

We put the car on the ground for the first time and I forgot how low the car was

I was ready to load the car up and head to socal when the door poppers didn't work properly so we had to adjust them and make super they would be good to go. Finally got the car all loaded up around noon then we went to grab food and fill up the tank with 100 octane

Mark Vasilyuk took this awesome picture of the car while I was taking a little break from working on the car

Jason Kim from Rival Autoworks told me to be at apexi at 9am on the 13th for a tuning session. We got to our airbnb in Pasadena around 11pm on the 12th and we had to unhook the trailer to fit the truck in the airbnb since there was no street parking allowed at the place we were staying. I woke up around 6 am so I could pack the truck back up and hook the trailer back up and then get to Apexi in Orange by 9am.

It was super rad seeing this fd sitting at the shop.

Danny from unrivaledtuning was nice enough to tune my car last minute. He did amazing work! broke in my motor than tuned it. I'm extremely happy with the results of the tune and the response of the motor

After the tune was all done and we loaded the car back up it was about 9pm. We were going to head out to super d and camp out but I was told they locked the gates and we wouldn't be able to get in so we made the decision to not go to the track and try and get some real sleep before super d killed us. Got to the track around 7 so we could go to the 8:30am drivers meeting and the gate was locked. When we got there the pits were already packed with cars thankfully my friends saved me a spot near the track exit.

Day one of super d I wasn't driving as hard as I normally would but this was the first time driving the car in over a year and the motor set up was brand new to me. I got a couple tandems in and was getting comfortable in the car again then all of a sudden my car felt super loose and the back end would just kick out when i was going 5mph around a corner. my friend yelled at me that i was leaking when we were at the last corner so I drove off track. I got off the track and saw my oil pressure start to drop so I shut the car off and pushed it into my spot that was about 20 feet away and found out that the drain plug had shot out on track. There was about 3-4 quarts that dumped out of the oil pan in my spot so I was hoping I would be safe. I talked to Miles (baller hauler) and we found out that the threads on the oil pan were stripped so I had to go find a tap big enough to tap the moroso pan. After stopping at 2 part stores, home depot and lowes there wasn't a single tap set up i could use so i grabbed 3 bolts so we could try and thread one in. Miles slit the bolt that was 1 size bigger than the drain plug was so we could try and use it as a tap. That didn't work so he told me as a last resort I would jb weld the bolt I had bought that was the same size as the drain bolt but a different pitch. I decided that was the best bet so I could have the piece of mind of knowing if I just blew up this brand new motor. Here is a photo dump from the first day. I don't remember all the photographers I'm sorry

photo by Dooglestudios

Photos by otrontherun

Dont remember the photographer on this one

photo by tek_z33

photo by Rufino Corrales

BTW I'm an idiot and I didn't put my gopros on so i have no footage. I'll post up day 2 later
Old 04-20-2018, 09:53 PM   #246
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Did you change the oil after the engine break in on the dyno? Crazy that it randomly stripped like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #247
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Did you change the oil after the engine break in on the dyno? Crazy that it randomly stripped like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I did an oil change on the dyno. Bolt was tight made sure not to over tighten it. It lasted all day on the dyno then half way through Saturday. Idk why it stripped. I talked to someone (I think it was baby j) he said that his drain plug was welded and he used the Allen as the drain plug. I might end up doing that or I was looking at the canton pan for sr
Old 04-22-2018, 12:28 PM   #248
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Unfortunately I was not able to drift at night since the jbweld hadn't hardened in time. I woke up around 7am and the jbweld was hard so I poured oil in and unplugged my fuel pump to build up oil pressure. I plugged the fuel pump back in and car started up and there was no bottom end noise. I felt super lucky that the motor didn't blow up. I checked to see if I was leaking any oil and couldn't see anything so I decided to take the car on track and make sure everything was good before I put my front bumper on again. After a couple grip laps to make sure oil pressure didn't drop I decided it was time to do some 3rd gear entries like I had at previous drift events at grange.

Photos by Kasey Wilcox

After about 15 laps I decided to come in and let the car cool off. It was really nice being able to hot lap. I cleaned all the car off the car so it didn't look like i took the car into some mud.

I went out for another session to kill the last of my zestinos

I swapped to my strusse that had rsrr on them. As soon as I was ready to back out the track was cold for lunch.

After lunch I took the car on track to get some more seat time.

I drifted the back section to feel out the tires before I did the entry. I went to transition on the last sweeper and as soon as I clutch kicked the car popped out of 2nd. I put the car back in second to try and drive to the pregrid and the it just free rev'd like I was in neutral. I got back to my pit and just walked around and talked to people. I talked to Teddy from realize and he had just found out he broke his axle half shaft. We talked for a little and after the event was over we rolled his car and my car next to each other to take some pics.

Casey from shirtstuckedin took some pictures of my car after

After taking pictures Casey told me he wanted to take video of me rolling out. I started rolling out like burst would and nakamura told me to do a burnout so i was obligated to.

photo by _kylepope

photo by dariustii

photo by hector_jr_jr

After this I went to load my car up on the trailer. A friend asked me if he could shoot the car before I loaded the car up. Of course I said yes and drove back on track so Mark and Jesus could take pictures

Heres a couple from Mark

Got the car loaded up and strapped down and assessed the damage I had done to the car at super d. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I need to get another transmission and some other little things and take the car back to Justin to finish up some little wiring things so I can drive it on the street on occasion.
Old 04-23-2018, 07:43 AM   #249
Kviper52
Zilvia Member

Kviper52 is an unknown quantity at this point
This thing is ballerrrrrr
1997 240sx -Wife Car

My Cars and Their story:
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=657376
Kviper52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:59 PM   #250
liv2drift045
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (7)
liv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfectionliv2drift045 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to liv2drift045 Send a message via MSN to liv2drift045
This thing is so damn good man, thought I'd tell you again even after saying it 10 times at Grange.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:36 AM   #251
jsu1012
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
jsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to beholdjsu1012 is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
This thing makes me want to get back to the drawing board on my car and improve my setup. Cars like this keep me motivated. good work man.

@streetstyle_jay
jsu1012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 07:44 AM   #252
run-matsuo

Trader Rating: (0)
run-matsuo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
God damn this is good.
run-matsuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:22 PM   #253
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
you should align those headlights and grill a little bit.

will make a big difference.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:04 AM   #254
koukizhang
Zilvia Member

koukizhang is on a distinguished road
Every picture here is wallpaper content. Your car is an absolute unit.
koukizhang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 10:15 PM   #255
kOOpA
Zilvia Junkie

kOOpA is an unknown quantity at this point
holy hell. saw this thing at super d and didn't understand all the work i was looking at. insane.
Old 04-30-2018, 12:03 PM   #256
wheelchimp

wheelchimp is an unknown quantity at this point
wheelchimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:14 AM   #257
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Too damn good
Old 11-10-2018, 02:26 PM   #258
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Its been a little while so lets start with a photo dump from super d

I traded the strusse to a friend to get the set of eurocourse that made me get my silver set

I decided to do a once over on the car and i had heard an exhaust leak. I found the bolts on the hotside of the turbo were loose

Tightened those and did a skid pad day at thunderhill

I broke both axles on my first run of the day. Thankfully the boys at wolfreign were there and had some axles I was able to buy and swap at the track. Towards the end of the day I was following angry earl and I heard a loud pop mid drift and I knew that I had broke another axle so I pulled off and proceeded to attempt to load the car up. A couple weeks later I dropped my car back off at Justin's shop so we could finish up some final things and go over the car once again. We put the car on the lift and found the passenger side axle snapped in half.

Justin got to work on some of the stuff I wanted to have done before super d but we just didn't have time to. He added a harness bar to the cusco cage.

My initial plan was to take the cage, intercooler piping, intake and shakitto plates to get chromed but we couldn't get the cage done in time for my trip to socal. So I decided to have the cage and valve cover powdercoated silver to match the accents.

While we waited for the cage and everything to come back Justin wired up my fog lights and dcc up.

We got everything back and we installed it. i was finally happy with my engine bay and interior

Justin also removed my shitty back window tint and I installed my dmax roof spoiler

I towed my car down to socal to meet up with my friend Yuta and do a photoshoot with Joey (stickydiljoe). The day of the shoot we ended up running out of light and Yuta was leaving for the weekend so me and Joey exchanged numbers and planned on meeting up early Sunday morning and shooting with the sunrise. Yuta told me to just store my car at their shop until Sunday so I wouldn't have to worry about it being left out at my airbnb.

Yuta blessed me with a heartbreaker banner on my car when I came back to meet Joey

After trying to drive around the first time with my front bumper on Joey and I decided to put the front bumper in his van while driving through the mean streets of Whittier.

heres the damage from getting out of the drive thru market.

We went back to the drive thru market to take more pictures since we got kicked out previously

We also shot at a market near their shop

Joey told me that he wanted to try and shoot in front of a taco truck. We couldn't find one so we settled for Mcdonalds.

After the shoot I brought my car to my friend Jaime's shop to store it for a couple weeks until I came back to do a shoot. My friend Han ended taking some pics of the car at Jaime's shop while I was gone.

While I was gone Joey and Yuta asked if they could bring my car to wekfest while I was back in Norcal. Of course I told them that I had no problem with that and My car even made a flyer.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:58 PM   #259
Lil_D
Zilvia Addict

Wekfest photos

Heres another photo from the shoot with Joey

I got back in town and stopped by Jaime's and found a trophy from wekfest I had no idea I was even entered to win anything

Jaime told me to do a burnout in his shop.

Got a couple cool pictures from people visiting Jaime's to buy parts since he was parting his coupe at the time

My boss let me borrow his futura trailer to pick my car up and I had a rental f150 towing it.

I had been searching everywhere for some extra center caps for the chrome weds and luckily I found a pair in Texas from a guy who had sold his wheels but kept the caps

put them on the chrome ones to see and I'm happy I was able to acquire them

One weekend that I happened to be off I took the corolla out and met up with some friends

I took the coupe out to thunderhill to drive the Freemode event and get some more seat time.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/176e2dee...em9kq_1280.jpg

Second session out my door decided to pop open mid drift and I reached to catch it and close it mid drift and my car snapped into the cones

Luckily there wasn't much damage just the fog light and scraped some paint off i just slapped the bumper back on and got out there more and drove as much as I could.

I was giving my friend Luke a ride towards the end of the day and my door flew all the way open and I wasn't able to catch it and it bent some thing. i got back to the pits and the door wouldn't close.

Kyle Pope from the internet wanted to take some pictures of my car after the event so we went and he took some awesome pictures.

My steering rack is going back but I've been too lazy to swap it. I still have to do a oil change too haha. Super D NYE is coming up so maybe ill be less lazy.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #260
snorkelcoupe
Zilvia Member

snorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her selfsnorkelcoupe is making a name for him/her self
The photo dump 2018 needed, your car doesn’t have any bad angles
snorkelcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #261
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
So many cool pictures for sure. That picture of the thrash seat through the ganador is awesome.

Also, can you grab me a link for whatever silver that powdercoat is? I'd like to use that on my pitbike.

Last edited by tuzzio; 11-11-2018 at 12:56 PM..
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:45 AM   #262
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I can appreciate the paint even more now.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote