Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-29-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
DeViL wh0
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
DeViL wh0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
sr20det wiring s14 s13 confusion....

I have a sr20det redtop wiring harness that was in a S14, now it is going into my s13. my question is what do i have to change on this harness to make it work with my s13? i figure most of it i can keep, but i want to double check. ive been researching and i cant seem to come up with an answer. please dont flame just help my n00bness out
DeViL wh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 AM   #2
nrg
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
nrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud ofnrg has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to nrg
When an s13 sr20 harness is used in an s14, the power plugs that goes to the gray and brown (engine bay where the battery is at) plug gets pulled back into the interior of the car to wire up to the F3 plug (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...B/100_4130.jpg) (its the plug next to ECU in an s14). Look near your ECU plug and you should find a smaller white plug. this is the s14 power plug. just cut it off and pull the harness back to where it would be in the engine bay. cut off your ka24 engine harness gray and brown plug and wire it to the wires i just mentioned. google for the wire diagram.

the dash plug should be untouched unless they cut it off and solder it directly to the F3 plug. if it's been modified, then just grab one off your old ka harness and solder up the wires. all colors match.

hope that make sense.

driftingisgay.com
nrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:45 AM   #3
DeViL wh0
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (5)
DeViL wh0 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrg View Post
When an s13 sr20 harness is used in an s14, the power plugs that goes to the gray and brown (engine bay where the battery is at) plug gets pulled back into the interior of the car to wire up to the F3 plug (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...B/100_4130.jpg) (its the plug next to ECU in an s14). Look near your ECU plug and you should find a smaller white plug. this is the s14 power plug. just cut it off and pull the harness back to where it would be in the engine bay. cut off your ka24 engine harness gray and brown plug and wire it to the wires i just mentioned. google for the wire diagram.

the dash plug should be untouched unless they cut it off and solder it directly to the F3 plug. if it's been modified, then just grab one off your old ka harness and solder up the wires. all colors match.

hope that make sense.
thank you so much. i think i got it
DeViL wh0 is offline   Reply With Quote