Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #1
hybrid DET
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
hybrid DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
S13 breaks land speed record at El Mirage

Hi Everyone,

This past weekend we broke the SCTA "H/PS" class land speed record in our S13 240SX. For those of you who might not be familiar with land speed racing classes, "H/PS" is basically a class for stock bodied cars with a turbocharged engine of 1.0-1.5L. We designed and built a "SR15VET 20V" engine so we could specifically run in this class.

On our first shakedown pass we were timed at 165.510 MPH, which was over 30 MPH over the existing record. We know we can go a lot faster, but are saving the motor for Bonneville next month where we are aiming to set a record at over 200 MPH. For more details, read up on the link below. Enjoy,

Project 240SX Sets a Land Speed Record at El Mirage
hybrid DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
genericforumname
Zilvia Member

Location: Florida, where we prove that shit does in fact run down hill
Trader Rating: (0)
genericforumname is making a name for him/her selfgenericforumname is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they actually said in that article that they won't cover the details of the engine build. the fuck? someone tell those guys to start up a build thread. I care little for the car i just want to know what magic they used to build that thing.

did Nissan ever have a 20v head? I thought they always had 16v heads and then developed ones with more efficient head designs with better flow.

edit: sorry didn't realize the people from the build posted this, MORE ENGINE DETAILS!

Last edited by genericforumname; 07-18-2013 at 10:55 PM.. Reason: can't read
genericforumname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 06:04 AM   #3
hybrid DET
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
hybrid DET is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by genericforumname View Post
they actually said in that article that they won't cover the details of the engine build. the fuck? someone tell those guys to start up a build thread. I care little for the car i just want to know what magic they used to build that thing.

did Nissan ever have a 20v head? I thought they always had 16v heads and then developed ones with more efficient head designs with better flow.

edit: sorry didn't realize the people from the build posted this, MORE ENGINE DETAILS!
No worries, we are planning another write up on the engine and turbo system after August in Speed Week. We simply just dont have time right now. Regarding the build thread, I started one on here over a year ago but stopped updating it due to lack of interest. If you want to see more details about the car build you can go to the link below.

Project 240sx LSR

Also the "20v" designation is misleading. Its not a 20 valve, instead 20v is what nissan called the last and best of the SR20VE engines. In other words, "sr20ve 20v." this is where we got our head from.
hybrid DET is offline   Reply With Quote