Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #31
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Billcriss is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
May not be 23k but it's close

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Billcriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2016, 11:17 AM   #32
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
inb4partout...

RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #33
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You've been bent over multiple tables if that's what you have for close to 23K, I have maybe 8k invested and have more?
Old 09-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #34
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

How?

Old 09-28-2016, 11:51 AM   #35
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billcriss View Post
How?

My car has,

Full suspension, fully forged SR with a GT28 set-up, I also have a T3 top mount set up on my shelves, cage, fully shaved bay with candy paint, etc...

Granted the Zilvia market place, my job, and having the tools and skill to be able to do all of my own work have kept costs low even without those variables I don't see spending more than 15k to get what I have which is an SCCA legal build that makes 400-600hp depending on which turbo set-up I have thrown on.

23k is E-Rod LS3 or 800hp 2JZ money, not stock RB and cut up "custom" chassis work money.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:00 PM   #36
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

This is the cage I was quoted for 3500$... Idk prices so im assuming this is to much?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:01 PM   #37
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

This is the cage I was quoted for 3500$... Idk prices so im assuming this is to much?

Do you plan on racing at Pikes Peak? Or just your average drifty kid days at your local hoonibro track?
Old 09-28-2016, 12:13 PM   #38
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
Do you plan on racing at Pikes Peak? Or just your average drifty kid days at your local hoonibro track?
I plan on doing pro am once my skill level is adequate to compete.

Old 09-28-2016, 12:16 PM   #39
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

Okay well then by all means ball out on the cage, but stil if you're close to 23k deep somethings aren't adding up.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:28 PM   #40
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

I guess 23k may or may not have been accurate so let me give an accurate amount.
240sx - $300
Rb25 with trans - 2500$
Wiring harness - 600$
ARC8000D- $350
Clutch/ flywheel - $650
Driveshaft - $400
Mounts - $500
Intercooler - $500
Piping - $300
Radiator - $250
Radiator hoses - $50
Motor maintenance - $350
Paint - $100
Braided brake lines - 150$
Rotors - 130$
Neo Motorsports race green - 1500$
Sparko evo II - 760$
Grip royal - 200$
Quick release - 110$
Brake pads - 100$
Suspension arms $500
Wheels/tires $3000
Sway bar $300
Tie rods - $150
Roll cage - $3500
Hydro ebrake - $ 350
Battery - 150$
Fuel pump 90$

I'm sure I'm missing a few but these are accurate to what I paid

Chase Bays kit that still isn't here - $350

Old 09-28-2016, 12:51 PM   #41
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
My car has,

Full suspension, fully forged SR with a GT28 set-up, I also have a T3 top mount set up on my shelves, cage, fully shaved bay with candy paint, etc...

Granted the Zilvia market place, my job, and having the tools and skill to be able to do all of my own work have kept costs low even without those variables I don't see spending more than 15k to get what I have which is an SCCA legal build that makes 400-600hp depending on which turbo set-up I have thrown on.

23k is E-Rod LS3 or 800hp 2JZ money, not stock RB and cut up "custom" chassis work money.
yes but your car looks like a hooptie
Old 09-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #42
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
...........you are right at $17,500. Actually, you are @ $17500 - $3500 as you seemingly have not purchased the cage yet (so $14,000..........a very far cry from $23K, but lots of money spent for an empty shell with an engine on a stand).

Sell it all, buy a junk missile, drift it until you have enough skills (and have promptly wrecked it about 470978509784509845098 times) and then buy someone else's labor of love. Save yourself time, headache and this shit you are in now.....a car on jackstands and a shit load of parts. Looks cool from afar however.......

I cannot wait to see your reaction when you drive your "$23,000" investment right into a Jersey barrier that you put all this time, blood, sweat and tears into because you have limited seat time prior to owning your "dream" car. That would be comical for sure.......

How much legitimate (the skreeetttss do not count) seat time do you have under your belt anyways?? Or, how much relevant experience??

#INB4PARTOUTx2$$$...........
Old 09-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #43
Nissan2nr22
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (30)
Nissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura aboutNissan2nr22 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 30 reviews
Stop feeding in this bs lmao
Nissan2nr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 12:53 PM   #44
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
Quote:

wait until your skill set is high enough to compete, THEN build a $25,000 race car... not the other way around. chances are youll destroy your car before you reach the skill level of "pro"

man, i wish i had $25,000 to blow on a race car when i was 21... shit i wish i had $25,000 to blow on a race car now. you must be selling some amazing blow...

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:05 PM   #45
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

Well the initial post was literally just about chase bays being a piece of crap. This quickly got out of hand because people are trying to trash my build for some reason. No my car isn't ready and at no point did I say it was. I have friends who are actively racing pro am ATM and winning. They are helping me with what I officially need to get where I want to be. I have seat time but not nearly what I should. Then again I never said I did. I'm building the car I've always wanted without spending 50k. If I was worried about money then I would have never drifted in the first place because everyone knows motorsports is a money pit.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #46
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

You got screwed by Chase Bays (this is my not surprised face).........now lets move on to the real story.....

#INB4PARTOUTx3$$$$$$$

Old 09-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #47
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
You got screwed by Chase Bays (this is my not surprised face).........now lets move on to the real story.....

#INB4PARTOUTx3$$$$$$$

Correct. Chase Bays will never get my business again.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:12 PM   #48
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
again, kid... you must be selling some amazing blow.

back on topic!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
dorkidori_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 01:13 PM   #49
Billcriss
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
again, kid... you must be selling some amazing blow.
I wish. I drive an old ass truck and have a decent job and a cheap house payment. Aka all my money goes to my car.

Old 09-28-2016, 01:23 PM   #50
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Quote:
I wish. I drive an old ass truck and have a decent job and a cheap house payment. Aka all my money goes to my car.

That will be your first and last mistake.......
Old 09-28-2016, 01:41 PM   #51
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I love when i see people that claim to have 20k+ into their cars.....knowing i have maybe 10 in mine if that (including spare built engine and spare parts).

Bless you.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:47 PM   #52
SupaDoopa
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (26)
SupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choicesSupaDoopa has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SupaDoopa
Quote:
Rb25 swap is about 6-7k. I've got another 5k in suspension. Cage is 3500$ which is getting made in two weeks. Fuel system is about 1100$ wheels and tires 2400$

You want to buy a sandwich? $200. $250 if you want cheese.
SupaDoopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 02:56 PM   #53
1988montecarloss
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (24)
1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough1988montecarloss is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupaDoopa View Post
You want to buy a sandwich? $200. $250 if you want cheese.

ill add soda and fries for another $200

...but for real sorry you had to learn the hard way, i had only ever ordered a walbro 255 from them and had no issues with it but after seeing what other people have dealt with decided not to buy anything else from them again
Old 09-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #54
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

So just to update Chase Bays just posted on their Instagram about the bias valves being done.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:38 PM   #55
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
If you are disappointed with Chase Bays now, just wait until you install that brake booster delete and die.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 04:42 PM   #56
Kylepaschke
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (13)
Kylepaschke is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
If you are disappointed with Chase Bays now, just wait until you install that brake booster delete and die.

THIS!!
I've been waiting for something to put in my signature for YEARS!

Thank you.
this is gold.

edit- its too many characters for a signature- but you could imagine if it wasn't

Last edited by Kylepaschke; 09-28-2016 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: lols
Kylepaschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:41 AM   #57
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Why are you trippin off of a brake-booster delete being on backorder when your car looks like this?
Old 09-29-2016, 06:36 AM   #58
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
I didn't have much of an issue with receiving parts in a timely manner from Chase Bays when I used them years ago (at least I don't remember having that problem,) but I did have issues with the brake booster delete. After installation a number of the fittings leaked and it was a total mess. I ended up putting the Z32 master and OEM booster back in and making my own lines from scratch, which resulted in no leaks. This was 4 years ago now though so maybe the kit has been improved.

I may be wrong since I don't have any experience drifting, but wouldn't it be more beneficial to run a brake booster? I understand the desire to do everything at once when building a car like this, but like others have mentioned you would likely be better off start with something simple and improve the car as your skill level improves. Start with a stock S14 or something with a nice seat, differential, coilovers, and suspension arms. As you become comfortable with the car and your skill level improves, worry about adding more power and angle mods etc. My two cents- but again, I don't drift, lol.

You've learned a lesson everyone that joins Zilvia has learned- it's a fairly ruthless community. Now that the number of people using forums has dwindled drastically, the more hardened people are the only ones left. Use Zilvia for the valuable information that's found here and otherwise hold your cards close. You are free to spend your money and build your car as you please- there will always be people here to give you crap though, so keep that information to yourself if you can.

Regardless, good luck with the build. It sounds like you have friends that have been down this path and they will prove far more valuable than this forum. You were trying to do the community a service by letting them know about something you experienced, but sadly this is usually how it turns out.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote