Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-05-2015, 08:36 PM   #91
burnsauto
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhosking View Post
Hey just bought a s14 "kouki" with major rear fender damage I was thinking about buying the origin type 2s because they look like the closest fit but seems everyone hates these just looking for advice a body shop quoted me 1600 to fix it but of course I'll never do the smart costly option have done body work before but never did over fenders

Is this the car that was in the philly area where the guy got side swiped and didn't know if he should keep the car or not? ...guess he didn't. lol.

It needs a quarter. Just put a quarter panel on it. Don't do what you're thinking. It won't go well.
Old 08-05-2015, 08:51 PM   #92
rhosking

Trader Rating: (0)
rhosking is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsauto View Post
Is this the car that was in the philly area where the guy got side swiped and didn't know if he should keep the car or not? ...guess he didn't. lol.

It needs a quarter. Just put a quarter panel on it. Don't do what you're thinking. It won't go well.

Oh shit i did not think any body sold regular quarters i just found them thanks!!
But yeah i bought it off him the car is honestly pretty clean i think saving it would be better/easyer than a swap
rhosking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:08 PM   #93
burnsauto
Post Whore!

burnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfectionburnsauto is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to burnsauto
www.partsfornissans.com , www.courtesyparts.com

Those should get you to a good start.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:19 PM   #94
rhosking

rhosking is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah thanks i should be able to manage replacing this
rhosking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #95
stev0n
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
stev0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sviellvoicae View Post
Origin Type 2 50mm
$323
18x12-6
They fit really well. My only complaint was how much inner lip these had. I cut off about 3" of inner lip. Other than that I have zero complaints. These are on with 4 rivets each side.

How recently & where did you purchase these?
do you have any full side pics and/or pics of where the door & quarter meet? how about without side skirts? does the over go all the way down to the rocker like the extreme dimensions below?
I love the look & fitment, but the other origin horror stories are scaring me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by japslapsilvia View Post
Here is mine, they are Extreme Dimensions "Gt-R" style 50MM, Which would be a copy of Origin Type 2.

Fitment was surprisingly good, they are thin and VERY flexible. Only Issues i have with them are:
1. They do not have the body line (the little bead in the middle of the body)
2. The gas filler cap area needs a bit of work, for the cap to fit (not a big issue though)
Overall very pleased with them.

this is just tape holding them on
Has anyone put these on a hatch to know if fitment is as good or better than origin? Like the quote above this?

Anyone have any advice on which way to go between these two for a hatch? We've never done fiberglass overfenders in our school shop before & want to rivet/cover them like jsu1012 did. Not wanting fitment so bad we have to mold them in to not look like garbage.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:49 AM   #96
Mr. white
Leaky Injector

Mr. white is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Mr. white
I bought those for both front and rear. front fit really well. Im satisfied with rear is well, but, the way they were cut is a little jagged and there is are tiny gaps where they wrap around the tail lamps. you would really have to look for them, though
Mr. white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 12:32 AM   #97
stev0n
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
stev0n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. white View Post
I bought those for both front and rear. front fit really well. Im satisfied with rear is well, but, the way they were cut is a little jagged and there is are tiny gaps where they wrap around the tail lamps. you would really have to look for them, though
which ones did you buy?
Old 09-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #98
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Old 09-06-2015, 07:07 PM   #99
StoopidLoose88

StoopidLoose88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully I won't get flamed for asking this but has anyone ever tried running over fenders with rocket bunny flares riveted to them? Or anyone have any input as to if it would or why it wouldn't work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
StoopidLoose88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #100
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

ehhhregartless is making a name for him/her selfehhhregartless is making a name for him/her self
What size wheels are you trying to fit?

Old 09-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #101
caglej
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
caglej is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Matt Coffman runs RB flares on overfenders on his FD car.
caglej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 04:43 PM   #102
StoopidLoose88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehhhregartless View Post
What size wheels are you trying to fit?

Preferably 18x14s with ridiculous offset in the rear and I'll have to see what I can do in the front. I just want to do something different and absurd which is tough to do with a car as common as a 240 lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by caglej View Post

And thanks for the input, I'll look his car up!

Old 09-07-2015, 04:48 PM   #103
StoopidLoose88

Quote:
Originally Posted by caglej View Post

Just checked it out, that's pretty close to what I'm talking about, I want to use 50mm rears and 30mm fronts with V2 RB flares on them to make the car sit as wide as possible

Old 09-13-2015, 12:31 AM   #104
2muchboost
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (33)
2muchboost is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 33 reviews
So I know it's generic and the final cost has many factors.....but what do people pay for installing overs and painting to match?
2muchboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 12:44 AM   #105
Judeasaurus

Judeasaurus is a well-known jackass
How do you guys hold them up without using rivets, tryyna keep the 240sx clean lookin
Judeasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:58 PM   #106
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:19 AM   #107
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Panel bond?
How strong is that stuff?
Old 09-14-2015, 08:24 PM   #108
crzsteveo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
crzsteveo is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
^curious as well....from my understanding its pretty strong. once cured it would be hard to pull on the rear over if applied to that. but I don't know the long term effect it would have being in the elements everyday.

does anyone have recommendations on bolts/ flush securing fasteners for rear overs?

I do not want to have 50 rivets showing on my 30mm rear overs. only other way for me to attach them would be to bondo/blend in the edges. I was looking for a way to secure it in all the corners and maybe have some in between and have the heads of the bolts painted to "blend" in.
crzsteveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 10:43 PM   #109
caglej
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
caglej is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
really interested in seeing a coupe, painted, with type 2 rears and an aggresive kit/fitment. have yet to see anybody do it.
caglej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 01:22 AM   #110
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Old 10-21-2015, 05:55 PM   #111
red240
Zilvia Junkie

red240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the roughred240 is a jewel in the rough
DMax hood and 40mm front fenders, Origin 50mm rears molded on, Not crazy about the Origin overs, just didn't fit well and took a ton of work to get them decent, I filled the side vent on the front fenders, didn't like them
red240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 07:54 AM   #112
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Old 11-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #113
Nicelyphe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
Nicelyphe is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I am looking into going with some Origin Type 2 50mm overs for an S14..Stuck on this decision. Is there an issue with Origin quality as people are saying? They will be replacing some current over fenders the PO put on the vehicle. Currently they are applied with standard rivets but I plan to give the panel bond a go with the new set.
Nicelyphe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 08:35 AM   #114
ehhhregartless
Post Whore!

Old 01-03-2016, 02:57 PM   #115
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Has anyone tried the Fineline Tuning S14 50mm overs (Chargespeed reps) that can comment on fitment? I need a full length/panel over to cover up a shitty repair job that's on the shell I just bought and these and Chargespeed are the only overs I can find that fit the bill. The Fineline overs would end up being about $300 cheaper then Chargespeed after shipping so they have peaked my interest but I am concerned about fitment since I can't find any reviews.

Here is a link to the Fineline overs I'm talking about:
http://finelinetuning.bigcartel.com/...ar-overfenders
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:34 AM   #116
zwzweston
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
zwzweston is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
Has anyone tried the Fineline Tuning S14 50mm overs (Chargespeed reps) that can comment on fitment? I need a full length/panel over to cover up a shitty repair job that's on the shell I just bought and these and Chargespeed are the only overs I can find that fit the bill. The Fineline overs would end up being about $300 cheaper then Chargespeed after shipping so they have peaked my interest but I am concerned about fitment since I can't find any reviews.

Here is a link to the Fineline overs I'm talking about:
http://finelinetuning.bigcartel.com/...ar-overfenders
I have a pair, they're not permanently fitted but with just a mock up they look pretty good.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:58 AM   #117
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
anybody have any knowledge on any s14 over fenders that go into the trunk? Long story short, buddy smashed up his rear and wants a set that goes into the trunk. He is open to cheap options as he plans to re-chassis in the future.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 11:15 AM   #118
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Into the trunk? All I know is that Chargespeed is the best overs as far as fitment and coverage area.
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 09:51 AM   #119
collegekid
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
collegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to allcollegekid is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

I really want to see more people running custom metal overfenders. I can see that easily costing $1000+

Then again, I don't have the need for anything other than a roll and pull for my 18 x 9 +20.

Then again, why the hell is everyone trusting fiberglass so much? It doesnt seem like it would perform well in extreme heat or cold.
collegekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 10:24 AM   #120
tuzzio
Post Whore!

tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by collegekid View Post
Then again, why the hell is everyone trusting fiberglass so much? It doesnt seem like it would perform well in extreme heat or cold.
because s chassis owners don't have money.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote