Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #1
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
The Midnight Express

so i really only frequent zilvia for the marketplace but hey why not throw my build thread on here. im literaly just going to put when i first got her to now. if anyone is intersted here's my 240sxf thread...

The Midnight Express - Nissan 240SX Forums

The name came from my grandfathers 1972 El Camino he drag raced with my grandmother in the 70's. It had a 550 big block that was used in their boat during the summer (go figure).

When i turned 18 in july(in 2011) i went to chino hills, ca and got a 1990 fastback for 1600. It was a 200 mile drive home, with no problems :-). Once i got the car my grandfather asked if i wanted the name for the car, so i took it :-)

Pics when i first got her:

Here's how she sits now..

yes that is an ipad

The radio wasnt there but he was nice enough to leave all four of these, which are 80$ a peice

So my friend let me have whatever i wanted from the car (before he decided to sell it), so i got the dashmat, custom gauges, seat covers, door panels, and some other things.

Tried to match the bumper up with the rest of the car.

Got some new pedals

I got tired of no music and i did want a gap either......so i decided mounting my ipad would be the cheapest solution :-) I got a amp hooked up to the speakers and and a sub. Hooked the ipad stright to the amp and sound quality is actually great. Mount was only 50$ and it clips in and out.

To the left was a 4 inch house sub..i know i know.

I also purchased a power inverter (straight to the battery) that had a direct usb mounted where my mirror contols would be (if my car did have them). and i also have regular plugs where the ash tray in the back would be

My attempt to bondo and paint my dash...its didnt work out so i went back to the matt.

Then i got some turn signal mirrors after one of mine was ripped off by a garbage truck

Its brighter than the pic. Coulda made it alternate between blue and amber buuuut i dont want a felony....

After 20 days of waiting my suede interior sheet FINALLY came,,,from south Korea lol

I also got a new steering wheel. The glue came off internally so it flexed around the wheel... drove me nuts.. also i got a toggle switch for the power inverter since it was a bitch to turn on and off since it was behind the ipad....anyhow...the interior as of today...

Exterior as of today....

As of the engine... currently 194xxx (what ive done so far was over a period of 2 months). I got it in an alright condition....The 4th cylinder plug threads are done. If i ever have to take it out again itl need rethreading. The owner did NOT take very good care..... Did a tune up and ran wayyyyy better after....

Mods/Replacements: CAT, CAI, NGK plugs, wires, o2 sensor, TPS, HUGE battery, new belts, removed AIV, the diaphragm was stuck no matter how much i tried to clean it, relocated carbon canister, oil change ( it was soooooo burnt) to mobile 1 synthetic, only leak was valve gasket so now the engine idles at 650 and stays there unless i hit the brake (gonna be fun finding that vac leak).. some pics when i took the air intake tube off....i was amazed (not pics of tube cause it came out in pieces)

Looking from inside the air box

Wish i took a pic before i sprayed carb cleaner....

oh my first clutch change :-) had a friend to take the tranny out but not to put back in

gotta love saving 275$...you shouldve smelled the tranny fluid....it was reallllllly bad...anyhow if u actually read all this thanks for looking! up next are kyb agx struts on eibach 1.5 lowering springs..

SORRY forgot to post the the engine bay pics...
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links