Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Local / Regional / National > Europe

Europe A place for our cousins from across the pond

Old 07-28-2011, 10:10 AM   #1
pole drift

Trader Rating: (0)
pole drift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking The Glitterbug PS13

Hey Guys,

This car caught my eye a few months ago so I decided to strip my 180sx and reshell it into this.

The shell is fully seam welded, undersealed and was never crashed. It has nearly new solid rear subframe aluminum bushes, solid steering bush and the steering rack has new poly bushes. The rear arches have been cut and welded and sealed.

The plans are to use the engine and running gear out of the 180sx in this, 5 stud conversion all round, and then just get her runnin right before I start gettin adjustable arms and stuf.

I'll get a few pics up when I can but these are the only pics I hav at the moment.

This is what the car looked like when i picked it up, at the moment it looks very sorry for itself

Here's some pics of how she is sitting at the moment.

I havnt looked that closely but it doesnt look to have any fuel lines, im wondering should I firewall the boot and fit a fuel cell and add the braided lines??

As I already had 5 stud skyline rear hubs I wanted to get 5 stud for the front aswell (origionally I was going to stay 4 stud on the front)

So while I'm waiting to get front hubs I picked these up

And I wanted a nice set of wheels so I bought the AVS wheels too (for €100 )

Front 17x7j Rear 17x9.5j

pole drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
pole drift

Time for an update, bank holiday Sunday instead of nursing a hangover or what not I decided to spend the day working on the car. I needed to change the starter motor as the old one was iffy!

None of the motor factors in the area had any fuel line in stock but Gem is sorting me out there (cheers Gem)

Without the copper lines I wasn't going to be able to get her running but I did manage to get the engine, gearbox, driveshaft and diff fitted to the car and all bolted in.

So that's the easy part done. I was going to fit the exhaust but I'm waiting for gaskets to arrive. Also guys as the car wasn't running it's a bit difficult to move the car on my own but these go-jacks make life so much easier!!

Another day should see alot more of this completed. I still need to get fuel lines, brakelines and fittings, brake hoses, make up brackets to hold my FMIC (I can't weld so this will be difficult) and other little bits.

Old 08-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
pole drift

Arrived in the garage at 11am, locked the gates at 22:15pm. Long fuckin day!!

I started fitting the fuel lines that I picked up from Gem during the week, but for some reason I couldn't get them in over the subframe, after a while of pricking about I figured it would be easier to drop the rear subframe, complete with diff, tyres etc all still fitted. I fitted the GTR fuel pump, fuel lines and plumed it into the engine.

Getting the rear subframe was a pain in the bollix!! The solid bushes made it so much more difficult to get it back in so I had to hammer it back in and then use the nuts to pull it fully into the car.

Next was to fit the engine loom and ecu, which was a piece of piss. When I turn the key iv dash lights, electric windows work, the fuel pump works and the engine turns over, but it won't start as iv to cut the battery tray out so I can mount the FMIC as the pipe needs to go through it so I'll be relocating the battery into the car.

There is another few bits needed to be done to the car before it's fully ready but I'm making progress everytime I work on the car. I'll be taking a break on this for a couple of weeks as I'm helping my girlfriends dad rebuild a vintage diesel engine that he first rebuilt 50 years ago.