Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 PM   #1
Nicksx

Trader Rating: (0)
Nicksx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 S13 Electrical Problems :( KAde

okay so i got a few problems. one, my car is running on 3 cylinders, now i know thats not electrical but hear me out.

things that are not working at the moment.
Tail lights. brake lights work but they dont light up with the headlights
JDM Gauge cluster doesnt light up when headlights are on.
my wipers dont work.

so ive come to the conclusion that this car was swapped before i got it. well either swapped and or KA-t the fuel rail was not bolted down all the way, finger tight, and the intake isnt bolted down, theres holes for FMIC piping, and a Garrett Turbochargers sticker. so thats enough evidence for me to consider it was either swapped with something and or turbo'd at one point in its life. now. its on KYB GR2 on cut springs. i put some 17x7 wheels on it. which are now off. it rubbed some, not badly but when i would back up or over bumps in the road, well i went for a spirited drive one day down this road by my place, its a long straight road with some bumps. well doin about 100+ mph and hit a few of the bumps. i rubbed badly and slowed down to the 50mph speed limit but it ran great the rest of the day, KA's are great motors, but i drove the next day and went about a mile from my house to the store and back, slammed a few gears to get to the 50 mph speed limit.. get home its still running great, shut it off and went inside.

i go back out and hour later to go to a friends house and it starts and is shaking hardcore and rumbling like a subie, so i shut it off immediately. i checked my spark plugs and wires and cap n dizzy, all fine, getting spark, i pull plug one while running, idle doesnt change, so i check for spark, it has spark but no smell of fuel what so ever. so i figured it probably a clogged injector, i figured since O'reillys didnt have new o rings for a ka in stock. so i figured its possibly a bad wire somewhere, the fuses are all fine, and i can really tell if any of the relays are bad. unless someone knows how to check one to see if its bad. so anyways, im wondering where my best spot to start checking my wiring harness is. i have the fender liners in still but it could still rub past that and get the wiring harness. so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know

also if someone in the Arlington/Marysville/Stanwood Area of Washington knows what to do and or would like to come help? pm me for my number. i would love to have someone come show me more about my car, i only know so much seeing as i was driving a toyota before this so its all kinda new :/ but im learning and i have lots of questions and would like help rather than trying to do something and fuck it up more :/ but yea lemme know
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 01:57 AM   #2
1990 sr hatch
Zilvia Member

1990 sr hatch is an unknown quantity at this point
i previously owned a 98 eclipse that i sold for my sr, anyways it would misfire and shake a little when i got up to about 60mph i used a mechanics stethoscope to check which cylinder and it was, and my fourth injector was bad, replaced it and ran like a champ still very slow though haha
1990 sr hatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Pro ViZIon
Zilvia Junkie

Pro ViZIon is an unknown quantity at this point
Check the the resistance on the number 1 injector. Should be around 11 ohms. If it's too low or pretty high then the injector is bad. Also check the voltage on that plug. Have you tried swapping ecu's. I had the light issue before with no turn signals either. It was the ecu messing everything up.

EDIT:
Didn't realize this was brought from the dead.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Check the alternator with a voltmeter, my car runs on three cylinders because my alternator is going out and not charging at idle so my battery sometimes gets low and it will smell like fuel and sound like a subie, so yes, electrical problem can cause this
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Mishkin_707
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Mishkin_707 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
AHHH CRAP!!!! sorry zilvia, I was on my iPhone and didn't see dates
Mishkin_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:53 AM   #6
J-Spec_S13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
J-Spec_S13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkin_707 View Post
Check the alternator with a voltmeter, my car runs on three cylinders because my alternator is going out and not charging at idle so my battery sometimes gets low and it will smell like fuel and sound like a subie, so yes, electrical problem can cause this

The same happened to me once before again, relocated my battery to the rear now it's back but im sure it can be that again
J-Spec_S13 is offline   Reply With Quote