Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:55 PM   #1
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Tron's S13 Hatch // PNW

2020:

2019:

Finally getting back into the mood of working on my hatch. I picked this 93 240sx up back in 2012 from a buddy that had recently acquired a shell with FD cage. I heard that this hatch originally came from the Portland/PDX area where the previous owner drag raced it at PIR. It had an SR20DET in it, but my buddy Kyle took it out for his track car. I ended up buying the rolling shell from him with 5 lug, Z wheels, and Nardi steering wheel. I bought a 96 KA24DE off a guy in Auburn WA, ended up swapping to an S13 intake and cleaning the motor up.

Shawn "Teriyaki Media" posing for the camera, we were out at NWToyRun 2016 doing what us media guys do best

Over the fall, I did a wire tuck to my hatch in efforts to clean up the bay. I didn't anticipate a few things, long story short I'll be order a few spools of wire and re-wiring my headlights and turn signals.

I picked up polyurethane side skirts off my buddy Jordan Peterson back in February, threw them on to match the pignose lip.

The other day I noticed my bank account had a comma, not to common. I decided to pick up a downpipe, wideband, and FMIC.

Today I headed to my storage unit to pick at my longblock. I've been saving this longblock for a rebuild. I really need to polish this turd.

Pulled this sump/pan off in a few minutes... really stoked to finally making moves on this KA-T after sitting on a turbo kit for like a year.

While I was at my storage unit, I dug through a few boxes and realized holy shit I have an OEM headgasket laying around! I think I might slap this onto my 96 KA and tighten her head down with ARP studs!

When I got home, I figured out where I'd drill into the pan... I don't have access to any fab tools so I might ask a buddy for a favor. Drill and weld it!

Below is what my hatch looks like right now. When I bought it as a rolling shell, I was told it had moonlight pearl off the Z33. If that's true, I need to find someone to paint my pig nose bumper and side skirts!

Below, a concent I was toying around with in Photoshop... How often do you see a pignose hatch, 2-tone? Panda style? I'm thinking about do this and eventually getting a BN kit. Sweet rims can come later... Maybe 17x9.5 +15 front and 18x10.5 +? rear.

Last edited by Wykydtron; 05-19-2020 at 05:12 PM..
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #2
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Wykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really niceWykydtron is just really nice
The other day I was asking around if anyone had access to a MIG welder, I needed to get my spot welds literally buttoned up where they unhinged. I was jacking up the front end of my car on the tow point and the sheet metal folded back...

My buddy Nick came by in a pinch and offered to button it up. Took us about 45 minutes to get it patched up. Well, I help jack the car up and pull the wheel... I'm very thankful Nick helped me out and I owe him big time.

Thule roof rack with big mouth bike attachment went on about a month ago.

and here's my T25 with 550cc injectors waiting on a few parts.

Once I get my wideband in, and weld in vacuum nipple (for the wastegate actuator) I'll be taking in my oil pan, hotpipe, and downpipe to Galen Callahan and he'll patch in a few bungs.

I'm planning on getting the NismotronicSA and converting the KA to speed density... The 3bar MAP is $80 and IAT is $30 plus I'll need to figure out how to wire in the two... MAP sensor needs a capacitor for 5v and IAT needs a weld in bung... I might put that off until later and stick with the MAF.

Last edited by Wykydtron; 04-27-2016 at 09:18 AM..
Old 04-25-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
hanzbrady
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
hanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura abouthanzbrady has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I love the PNW and it's style <3
Old 04-25-2016, 12:13 PM   #4
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzbrady View Post
I love the PNW and it's style <3
Thanks man! Appreciate it... After I get my motor dialed in at 10psi I'll focus on cleaning up the look of it. Power goals is somewhere between 200-300hp, my only limitations right now is the T25 and pump gas.

Another thing that I forgot to mention, I do have a Villains Drift Angle Kit. Nate Schewchuck out of Walla Walla, WA extended my LCA's and modded the knuckles. I'd recommend the kit for anyone that needs a quick angle kit. In the near future I'd like to get roll center correction, maybe Heatmaker or just get a set of PBM cast knuckles?

Old 04-25-2016, 04:34 PM   #5
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

UPSP a week ahead of schedule... got my wideband in the mail!

Old 04-25-2016, 04:44 PM   #6
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
please throw roof rack in garbage
Old 04-25-2016, 10:26 PM   #7
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
So far so good kid.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:36 PM   #8
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
please throw roof rack in garbage
Good to see you're still alive Alex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEfx View Post
So far so good kid.
Working on it.

This evening I had to head down to PepBoy's and O'Reilly's to find missing hardware. Specifically, I was looking for what I needed for the SR20DET o2 housing and turbo inlet elbow for this T25.

I needed:

5 x M8-1.25 x 30mm hex cap screws (for the T25 exhaust to o2 housing)
2 x M8-1.25 x 20mm hex cap screws (for MAF to turbo inlet elbow on compressor side)
8mm flat washers
8mm split lock washers

Old 04-25-2016, 10:38 PM   #9
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Current alignment is at this.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:50 PM   #10
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Lose the rack... Even BMX pros put their setups in their car
rawgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:12 PM   #11
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Update on the KA-T progress, I've ran into a few hick ups along the way. I've had to order a few parts here and there. I've only had time to work on this project in the evenings after work, minimal when I have to catch up on sleep in the afternoons too.

I pulled the subframe out, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I don't have much room in my garage for my engine hoist, so that's in a storage unit. I just took 3 jack stands, lifted the front end up, took the 3rd jackstand and propped the transmission up with it. Powersteering lines out of the way, steering column shaft unbolted, 4 subframe bolts and both tie rods unbolted, boom it was out and my KA was levitating.

Ripped the old oil pan out for the spare I had with an oil return bung.

I had to wait a week to get a 1/8" BSPT Male, DUAL 1/8"NPT Female fitting for the oil feed and oil pressure sensor. This same fitting that FRSport sells but shipping is like $15, free off of ebay...

I also ran into an issue with the old SR o2 elbow I had sourced from a friend... It turns out that the mating surfaces were warpped, I was about to go get it resurfaced at a machine shop when I said fuck it I might as well pay and buy a new one. Machine shop quoted me $40 to resurface... well, little bit more money and I got the ISR Performance 3 inch o2 elbow.

Test fitting everything, I realized I needed to adjust the clocking of the compressor housing. Everyone also suggested to get nut locking plates and ovaled nuts so that I don't run into boost leak issues. I picked up pocking plates and oval nuts off of Roland Gallagher.

I also did some chicken shit welds to the studs, sorry I'm not a professional welder.

I decided to ditch the solid motor mounts I had in favor for OEM ones. I just want streetability, I hate how everything on my chassis rattled loose from solids. It's great for the track but ffs I want to cruise on the streets.

Installed the Mishimoto powersteering cooler that I bought a while back Zilvia front page lo. No cool logo since I bought the cheap black one.

Fitting everything up and getting the coolant lines tightened down.

Now I got everything buttoned up, I'm waiting on a new FMIC kit. The FMIC and pipes I bought off of Matt Nelson were jank. After struggling to get everything working I decided fuck it I'll just get a new FMIC kit.

The FMIC kit sets me back further than planned, I'll have to pick up my Nismotronic Standalone later in the summer. Once I have the motor running I'm just going to brake in the turbo and stay out of boost. It's not my daily so it will sit in the garage most the summer.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:41 PM   #12
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wykydtron View Post
Good to see you're still alive Alex.

Should be back on the track in an Schassis 2017 .

I just come to Zilvia to be a grumpy internet fuck.
Old 06-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #13
d_nice
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
d_nice is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
looking good man. How hard was it to put the fuse box in the glovebox by chance?
d_nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 02:07 PM   #14
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
Should be back on the track in an Schassis 2017 .

I just come to Zilvia to be a grumpy internet fuck.
Ha it's all good i need to get rid of the roof rack when i decide to pick up rain guards anyways hope you get out there next season!
Old 06-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #15
SoundEfx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
SoundEfx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Summer is almost over here in WA, hurry up.....lol
Old 07-12-2016, 09:09 PM   #16
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_nice View Post
looking good man. How hard was it to put the fuse box in the glovebox by chance?
It's a pain in the ass to tuck the slack and you have to extend all the headlight and turn signal wires. My first time doing it, I'd do it again and take more time.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #17
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Last week I finally got this thing running and on the ground, wideband is working fine and she's boosting 10psi. I still have the stock injectors in, so I can't hammer it. I picked up the CX Racing FMIC kit and tossed it on.

Today I shipped off my ECU to Nismotronic. They will be installing a daughter board onto my KA MT S13 ECU.

The gf picked up a cheap ass tow rig, 99 Nissan Pathfinder. She went and grabbed plastidip and threw Totoro on it. haha.

I went ahead and threw on a NissanPacific, Villains, and AlwaysReckless decal to start off the sticker bombing.

After driving the KA-T around for about 100 miles, she rests in the garage until the new standalone comes back from Nismotronic. I'm excited to get this dialed in with the STi injectors.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:03 AM   #18
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Installed my STi injectors, going to wire the new pigtails in tomorrow and throw in the standalone!

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2016, 11:55 AM   #19
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

First tank of 92 is in, drove my hatch to the speedway.

I spent Sunday at Evergreen Drift taking photos of the Grassroots championship. I think it was the most difficult to shoot because of pseudo tandems and the skill level gap. A few of the top points standings guys got knocked out early because of braking shit.

While I was at the track, in-between the time blocks for competition I spent my free time datalogging. The Nismotronic tune is on its 3rd revision.

Old 07-25-2016, 01:33 PM   #20
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Did you do any emissions removal on the intake manifold other than the egr pipe? I've heard when you boost KA's you have to remove all sorts of junk from the intake side. Definitely takes away from the "bolt on and go" aspect.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #21
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Did you do any emissions removal on the intake manifold other than the egr pipe? I've heard when you boost KA's you have to remove all sorts of junk from the intake side. Definitely takes away from the "bolt on and go" aspect.
Only EGR, upper intake runners and the solenoids behind the head that are associated with the secondary butterfly valves in the upper runners. S14 upper runners don't have those butterfly's, which I'm using. I still have the stock Idle Air Control Valve, I kept that and the harness plug for it.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:41 PM   #22
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
In the first post you said you swapped it to an s13 intake. Did you mean just the lower manifold and you kept the s14 runners?
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #23
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
In the first post you said you swapped it to an s13 intake. Did you mean just the lower manifold and you kept the s14 runners?
Yes, s13 lower, s14 upper. I didn't want to deal with OBD-II and s14 wiring into s13 harnesses.

Old 11-04-2017, 02:52 PM   #24
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Time for winter build things.
Bought CR Kiwami Ultra Deep Concaves. 18x10.5 +22 +15

Here is how far they stick out with OEM fender. 18x10.5 +22. I have the Villains Drift angle kit, which includes 40mm extended LCA's. I have to use a 1 inch spacer to clear the coilover. I will get fenders later this winter.

Old 11-04-2017, 04:51 PM   #25
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Last month I got my KA24DE long block back, fresh bottom end. Wisco Pistons, eagle rods, Cometic head gasket. Had to drain the old gas, it's sat for a year.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited by Wykydtron; 09-17-2018 at 11:50 AM..
Old 11-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #26
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Forgot to upload a pic of the tac to remember the odometer

Old 11-05-2017, 10:51 PM   #27
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

Today I discovered one of the small coolant lines from the throttle body had a pinhole leak. I dropped the alternator, starter, and oil filter to make clearance to drop the lower intake plenum on the KA24DE. I went and deleted the excessive vacuum and coolant lines. I used JB welded and vacuum nipples to cap off the lines I didn't need.

Old 11-10-2017, 10:06 AM   #28
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
nice build thread. seems very old school too. i like
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:42 AM   #29
Cody2130

Cody2130 is an unknown quantity at this point
Good looking car, love the panda paint idea and your right about the Villains kit being awesome!
Cody2130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:55 AM   #30
Wykydtron
Zilvia Addict

I haven't posted an update in a while, but my buddy Aaron and I looked at a few cars over Christmas weekend. He ended up getting a 240 hatch. Here's a vlog about the weekend (it's a bit long sorry)... I've put about 180 miles onto the rebuilt KA-T in the past couple of months!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd8srDsZeHc

I'll probably start making short updates on my Schassis this year as I pick up more parts. I be doing both thread updates and vlogs.