Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 02-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #31
Compressorsurge

Trader Rating: (0)
Compressorsurge is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Loving this build. I'll admit this makes me want to stop my build, and strip it down to a bare shell. haha
Compressorsurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2018, 08:23 PM   #32
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (18)
s13driftnut is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Thanks Everyone, Sorry for the delay since my last update, been extremely busy, also took a week off with the wife and went out for our annual Montana Ski Trip, absolutely love it out there and always hate leaving!

Big News! I ordered my wheels and they will be here in 8-10 weeks, they cost quite a bit but I'm glad they're on the way since they are literally my dream wheel! The goal for the car is June 9th weekend to be driving it......so I have to get my ass in gear!

Great news, all of the stuff I gave to my friend for powder coating has returned and looks awesome! Very happy with how they turned out!

Pressed in my new Whiteline sub-frame bushings, they look and feel nice and are about 1000% better than the old ones which fell apart upon removal.

I finished up the sound deadening in the rear area of the car from where I ran out and had to order more. I also had a Few minutes this morning to start getting the carpet installed.......I must say this proved to be more of a PITA than I gave it credit for in my mind haha

Sorry for the super crappy last pics, don't know why they didn't turn out worth a crap! Oh Well that's about it for this update, I have until April/May until my wheels get here to have all my suspension work done so I can bolt them up and set some ride height! Time to get to work!
Old 02-19-2018, 07:11 AM   #33
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (131)
CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 131 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CamryOnBronze
Nice progress man! Excited to see it all come together.

CamryOnBronze.com
CamryOnBronze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 08:01 AM   #34
Levan. B
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
Levan. B is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Proper build sir
Old 02-19-2018, 08:08 AM   #35
boostzilla
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
boostzilla is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Looks good !
boostzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:42 PM   #36
SteeleBrothersDrifting_Mike
Leaky Injector

SteeleBrothersDrifting_Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea buddy looking good!
SteeleBrothersDrifting_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 10:43 AM   #37
pjurisprudencia
Leaky Injector

pjurisprudencia is an unknown quantity at this point
everythings looking top notch man.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:30 PM   #38
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Hey Guys, Thanks again, been a while but I assure you that I haven't been slacking. Super busy around here and haven't gotten as much done as I hoped, but so is life! With my wheels arriving in 4 Weeks or so things have got to start picking up the pace!

Since so much is going on at once I suppose i will start with my the fuel tank, it was obviously really nasty, unsure of the pump and wiring, and had half a tank of old fuel in it, all of this had to be fixed!

Ripped off the crappy foam padding, pulled the sending unit and started getting rid of the old fuel

Started scraping off the thick crappy undercoating, and some over spray, nature of a full paint job!

Then it was time to spray some new rubberized undercoating, install my new Walbro 255 pump setup, also had some sound deadening left over so I used that in place of where the foam padding was. Also cleaned and painted the tanks front plastic shield in satin black.

Since that was all taken care of, my rear differential was in need of some cleaning and paint work as well, also curious to which differential it was, since it had 5-bolt axles and factory is 6 bolt. In the for sale ad from when I purchased it stated it was an R32 GTR diff, once I pulled it I found that was not the case! When I drained the fluid and opened it up, and did some searching. It has a 48/11 Ring gear, which makes it the JDM 180sx VLSD. Pretty happy about that since this is a 180sx clone! VLSD worked well before I parked it, but it was only driven twice by me haha Im one of those people who needs to know every single detail about his car, so now knowing for certain makes me happy!

All cleaned up with fresh fluid ready to go!

Also decided to put on my new OEM sunroof seal, the old one was split and nasty, the new one really makes a difference!

Had a decent setback, got all of my new bushings, and balljoints for my arms to install, installed all of them until I got to the rear lower control arm bushings, they sent the wrong ones and I didn't catch on until I went to install, and once returned the wrong ones, the ones I needed are on 2 week backorder . But here is a nice pic of the rear knuckle bushings installed! I went with hardened rubber for all my replacement bushings, since I don't want any squeaks/binds from urethane, or the hassle of taking them apart to grease them repeatedly. Remember, this is just a clean street car!

Since everything underneath is becoming new, the steering rack needed to be addressed, it was nasty, and the outer tie rod ends were falling off. I ordered new Nissan OEM dust boots along with a P2M Inner and outer tie rod set, they look beefy and remind me of Tein inner and outer set's I have run in the past, but since those are discontinued, I decided to try these! They look amazing so I'm happy with them so far.

Group shot of all my stuff waiting to be installed. Also ordered new suspension Techniques sway bars for the front and rear since mine were old and nasty (catching on to a trend with the underside of this car?? haha all old and nasty!) You can also see the new axles I ordered, since the old ones were split and slinging grease everywhere. I will keep them and reboot and paint them later for spares, saving time for now haha Also ordered these fancy front fender braces, which also got sent to powder coating. I have a fetish for clean gloss black underside, probably because I'm so used to rusty nasty greasy normal cars!

I'll be doing a full Z32 brake setup the whole way around the car, it came with 26mm aluminum fronts on it already, obviously not the color I want, so I took them apart for a rebuild and powder coating, along with the nasty Z32 rear calipers I purchased used. Here's a pic of them torn apart in their bags ready to go to powder coating!

Since the rear lower control arm bushings were back ordered, waiting on z32 rear parking brake setup and cables, and calipers heading to powder coating. I moved on towards my interior. I love music and so does my wife, so I purchased a set of 6.5" Kicker Speakers for all around, along with speaker plate adapters which made install a breeze!

I was then able to put the door panels on!

I was also able to snag a full JDM seatbelt setup from my friend Greg, which also used to be my friend Damon's as well, keeping them in the family! Since Greg is keeping his interior full minty original I lucked out because they are harder to come by now. But that posed one problem.....Headliner, since the JDM are thinner and expose the roof. Lucky for me, my neighbor owns a trim and upholstery shop so I took the headliner out and handed it to him, I picked out dark grey suede for the headliner, and he also dyed the trim and sunroof seal darker to blend better as well! Also did the sunroof cover, I think it turned out well!

Well that Ends this update! Hopefully update more frequently as I hope things start picking up the pace!
Old 04-08-2018, 10:05 PM   #39
Jo_Galezo
Zilvia Junkie

Jo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant futureJo_Galezo has a brilliant future
Excited for this! Love people who take the time on their build & make sure everything is up to par

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jo_Galezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 05:13 PM   #40
Salvarath
Leaky Injector

Salvarath is an unknown quantity at this point
Where did you get those front fender brackets?
Old 04-09-2018, 06:06 PM   #41
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo_Galezo View Post
Excited for this! Love people who take the time on their build & make sure everything is up to par
Thanks man, it's very time consuming and super expensive but worth it in the end!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvarath View Post
Where did you get those front fender brackets?
https://www.auto-collectstorm.com/pr...3-fender-brace.

There you go ^^^ , my buddy runs them currently too and says they rock, better than flimsy old stuff so I'm sure I'll be happy
Old 04-09-2018, 07:26 PM   #42
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
^ Can also vouch for those fender braces, fucking insane how tough those are.

That headliner is sick!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 10:09 AM   #43
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

CamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud ofCamryOnBronze has much to be proud of
Nice progress sir! I stopped by to check it out a couple weeks ago. Pretty impressive.

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 04-13-2018, 06:18 PM   #44
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Haha thanks homie, she's a dust monster, but after a wash and some HQ pics, it will be real eye candy
Old 04-13-2018, 09:38 PM   #45
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
this is cool.. nice work
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:58 AM   #46
k00laid83
Zilvia Junkie

k00laid83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:

I was also able to snag a full JDM seatbelt setup from my friend Greg, which also used to be my friend Damon's as well, keeping them in the family! Since Greg is keeping his interior full minty original I lucked out because they are harder to come by now. But that posed one problem.....Headliner, since the JDM are thinner and expose the roof. Lucky for me, my neighbor owns a trim and upholstery shop so I took the headliner out and handed it to him, I picked out dark grey suede for the headliner, and he also dyed the trim and sunroof seal darker to blend better as well! Also did the sunroof cover, I think it turned out well!

Well that Ends this update! Hopefully update more frequently as I hope things start picking up the pace!
Hey what's up man, CamryOnBronze mentioned in another thread that you had your original headliner extended for the 180sx manual seatbelts. Just wondering if perhaps your neighbor mentioned to you how he extended the edges?

I was thinking of heading to my local pick n pull and pull a random nissan headliner and cut out what I need to extend my headliner. Just wondering how it was done, but I have a general idea on how to do it.
k00laid83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:01 PM   #47
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Well time sure is flying by, time to make an update and show a little progress.

To start things off, I got the rest of my brake stuff together, full 300zx ebrake assembly w/cables, and all new rotors+pads.

Got some nice used Sparco Evo2 seats from my buddy Mike, they're in great shape, need a little cleaning yet but that's about it. They fit me really well since I'm a pretty big guy at 6'4" 240lbs.

My Wheels finally came in!!!!!!

Tires mounted up!

With how much I've had going on I needed to make a bunch of progress in a short period so I didn't become discouraged and wind up doing the infamous part-out haha. So I took today off to make stuff happen! And I was accompanied by 2 of my great friends Damon and Greg who both took the day off as well! Now that's friendship! Most people don't talk about the lows of a build like this, where it just becomes taxing on your mind and especially your wallet. So having such awesome friends who will grind it out in the shop with you is too cool and they need to know how much it is appreciated!

Pulls in the garage like he owns the place!

Greg was putting calipers together, Damon and I put the gas tank back up and in, and then assembled the subframe and installed that!

Shes sitting on the ground! Front has to come down a little bit yet, but the ride height isn't fully set since there is no engine or transmission in it yet.

Well it's starting to look like a car again and that is too surreal for me, since I absolutely overshot my deadline! it still gives me hope that I'll eventually drive it haha. The new goal is to have it done by October and not to rush it. If I can enjoy a solid month of driving it this year that will make me a happy man!

Engine stuff coming next!
Old 06-17-2018, 08:21 AM   #48
TSSS22
Leaky Injector

TSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura aboutTSSS22 has a spectacular aura about
Wow that build looks amazing those wheels are perfect, thumbs up!
TSSS22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 11:34 AM   #49
Tearlessj
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (6)
Tearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfectionTearlessj is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
So many clean cars in the midwest these days. Did you have to remove the factory metal sleeve for the whiteline subframe bushings?
Old 06-17-2018, 12:41 PM   #50
RVAE34
Zilvia Junkie

RVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really niceRVAE34 is just really nice
Looks killer with those Works!
RVAE34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #51
CamryOnBronze
Post Whore!

Good times man- glad to see the car coming together!

CamryOnBronze.com
Old 06-18-2018, 01:18 PM   #52
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
what specs are your wheels... they fit nicely.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #53
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSSS22 View Post
Wow that build looks amazing those wheels are perfect, thumbs up!
Thanks man, appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tearlessj View Post
So many clean cars in the midwest these days. Did you have to remove the factory metal sleeve for the whiteline subframe bushings?
Yes, with the whitline bushings you have to remove the sleeve, it comes as a whole new unit. Highly recommend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAE34 View Post
Looks killer with those Works!
Thanks man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamryOnBronze View Post
Good times man- glad to see the car coming together
As always, thanks brotha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
what specs are your wheels... they fit nicely.
Thanks man, they are not crazy specs, I like traction and good tire contact, and I actually like a proper tire, mild stretch for cosmetics, but not crazy haha

Work Meister S1 3pc.
18x10 +18 O-Disc Rear 255/35/18
18x9 +16 L-Disc Front 225/40/18
Old 06-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #54
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
holy shit there are a LOT of really good things going on here! i love this build! super clean, excellent attention to detail.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:01 PM   #55
Malik
Nissanaholic!

thanks for posting those friend... good to know for reference.
Old 06-26-2018, 10:43 AM   #56
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Nice build my friend!
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 03:05 PM   #57
EFITTZY
Zilvia Junkie

EFITTZY is making a name for him/her selfEFITTZY is making a name for him/her self
Any updates?
Old 11-21-2018, 09:54 PM   #58
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Im in for more...
Old 11-24-2018, 05:30 PM   #59
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Hey guys, sorry I've been swamped this summer, I'll be updating with good stuff soon!
Old 01-01-2019, 08:24 PM   #60
s13driftnut
Zilvia Member

Engine!

Hey Guys, Happy New Year!

Sorry for the long delay, I totally missed my deadline I set for myself, (I think it was June 2018.....) I suck! So you guys know I haven't been just sitting around with my thumb in wrong places. I actually bought a couple more 240's and have been doing a ton of side work. For those interested I bought an S13 Coupe for drifting, and a minty S14 Zenki 2 owner car for me to possibly do an epic build with later.....super thankful for an understanding wife! Speaking of wife, we are expecting a child as well, due in July....so I decided I really need to get my ass moving when it comes to building this car!

Well making a baby and buying/building customer cars isn't the only thing i've been doing over the past 8 months. I also ordered a ton of parts for my engine. I really don't want a crazy high horsepower car that requires attention all the time, If you've been paying attention I want a reliable, fun, ultimate street car. So I decided to go simple, refresh the engine in all aspects. So all of these parts are Brand New: Apexi' Headgasket, Oil Pump Cover, Water pump, ARP head studs, Timing chain, Chain Tensioner, Guides, Greddy Intake Mani, Nismo thermostat, Oil pickup, Garrett 2871r w 64ar, Tomei Poncams, ISR braided turbo lines, Drift Freaq Full Engine/Trans Mounts, Greddy Oil Pan.

So I started tearing down the engine to get the cylinder head off to the machine shop so I could spend the long weekend putting it all back together.

I was very pleased when I got the engine apart at how clean everything was and the shape it was in, she's a healthy ole girl!

Head back from the machine shop looking good.

Had to get all my goodies out and ready for their place! It's fun opening boxes and finally being able to put the pieces to use!

Time to start re-assembly, gave all the surfaces a good cleaning before applying "the right stuff grey" sealer. I could be a spokesperson for the stuff, works awesome!

I did have a minor setback with my valve cover, the one that came with the engine was freshly powdercoated white, and whoever did it sprayed media throughout the inside of it and left a bunch of residue, so not wanting to risk not being able to get it all out and running it through my nice clean engine, I found another cover. I then sent it to TRG coatings (came highly recommended through a good friend) to be powdercoated. Ford Tuxedo Black, pictures do not do it justice! I can also recommend now

Well that's all I've got for the time being, plan on getting the engine and everything installed in the next few weekends before I leave for Montana again for my annual ski trip! Thanks for cheering me on and I hope you enjoy!