Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-22-2017, 10:59 AM   #7351
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Bink Industries is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Alright so I'm really stoked to announce that I have finally released a production version of my sway bar I've been making for years for many pro drivers. I now have two versions, a "pro" and "Street" version. Check out the links for all the details!

I posted some prototypes as far back as 2013, drivers to date on the pro circut running these bars are Odi Bakchis, Nate Hamilton, Kevin Lawrence, and Joon Maeng. I've gotten nothing but great responses from every driver. After 4 years It has proven to be the most chosen S-chassis sway bar on the pro market.

figured I would shoot you guys an update of this and see if you guys have any questions.

https://www.binkindustries.com/colle...ar-pro-version

https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...o-version.html
Old 06-22-2017, 02:33 PM   #7352
DJPimpFlex
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (115)
DJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond reputeDJPimpFlex has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 115 reviews
Send a message via AIM to DJPimpFlex Send a message via MSN to DJPimpFlex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bink Industries View Post
Alright so I'm really stoked to announce that I have finally released a production version of my sway bar I've been making for years for many pro drivers. I now have two versions, a "pro" and "Street" version. Check out the links for all the details!

I posted some prototypes as far back as 2013, drivers to date on the pro circut running these bars are Odi Bakchis, Nate Hamilton, Kevin Lawrence, and Joon Maeng. I've gotten nothing but great responses from every driver. After 4 years It has proven to be the most chosen S-chassis sway bar on the pro market.

figured I would shoot you guys an update of this and see if you guys have any questions.

https://www.binkindustries.com/colle...ar-pro-version

https://www.enjukuracing.com/product...o-version.html
Any pictures of the mounting on Wisefab front LCAs? Any thoughts on releasing a rear kit with weld on previsions for Wisefab rear? I miss my swaybars.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:46 PM   #7353
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Any pictures of the mounting on Wisefab front LCAs? Any thoughts on releasing a rear kit with weld on previsions for Wisefab rear? I miss my swaybars.
He's got some pictures on instagram but I can't remember if there are any on wisefab stuff so that may not be much help
D-Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 04:14 PM   #7354
Bink Industries
Leaky Injector

Bink Industries is an unknown quantity at this point
Hope this helps.

What is the issue with your rear sway bar? my experience is they bolt up just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPimpFlex View Post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0285_opt.jpg (55.6 KB, 69 views)
Old 06-26-2017, 06:16 PM   #7355
lgsr20swap
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
lgsr20swap is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
This is the roll center, suspension pickup, and steering angle modification thread.

Hey guys. I just bought some gk tech rear drop spindles from a member here for s chassis. I already owned gk tech rlca. I'm pritty sure they are both 1st gen stuff. Where the drop spindle sits on the lca it's on a wick angle compared to the stock knuckle. Here are some pics of how it sits. Idk if I'm doing something wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lgsr20swap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 07:00 PM   #7356
GKTECH
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (9)
GKTECH is making a name for him/her selfGKTECH is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgsr20swap View Post
Hey guys. I just bought some gk tech rear drop spindles from a member here for s chassis. I already owned gk tech rlca. I'm pritty sure they are both 1st gen stuff. Where the drop spindle sits on the lca it's on a wick angle compared to the stock knuckle. Here are some pics of how it sits. Idk if I'm doing something wrong

I don't have a set of the V1 LCA's here to check against but I'm almost certain that you have the ball joint end pieces on the wrong sides. They are side specific.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:01 PM   #7357
lgsr20swap
Zilvia Junkie

This is the roll center, suspension pickup, and steering angle modification thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKTECH View Post
I don't have a set of the V1 LCA's here to check against but I'm almost certain that you have the ball joint end pieces on the wrong sides. They are side specific.

Tks for the input I actually thought of that and I'm trying to switch them now

Old 06-26-2017, 08:08 PM   #7358
lgsr20swap
Zilvia Junkie

So the problem was ball joint end links swapped. But these spacers that come with the lca that goes in between the knuckle and lca isn't giving me enough thread to get the cotter pin threw the top side nut. Is this spacer needed for anything or is it part for a different car?

Old 06-26-2017, 08:37 PM   #7359
GKTECH
Zilvia Junkie

GKTECH is making a name for him/her selfGKTECH is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgsr20swap View Post
So the problem was ball joint end links swapped. But these spacers that come with the lca that goes in between the knuckle and lca isn't giving me enough thread to get the cotter pin threw the top side nut. Is this spacer needed for anything or is it part for a different car?

Using the V1 rear LCA's with the GKTECH rear knuckles a nyloc nut needs to be used on the top (or no cotter pin but I'd prefer to run a nyloc nut).
Old 06-26-2017, 08:38 PM   #7360
lgsr20swap
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKTECH View Post
Using the V1 rear LCA's with the GKTECH rear knuckles a nyloc nut needs to be used on the top (or no cotter pin but I'd prefer to run a nyloc nut).

Thanks for the quick response

Old 06-30-2017, 05:14 PM   #7361
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Well I finally got around to installing my GKTECH roll center correction kit.

I noted that simply installing the kit forced it to toe out quite a bit with no other changes.

My Tein outer tie rods wouldn't adjust bc they were sort of seized to the inners, so I ordered a new set.

I noticed that I was able to run less spacer with this kit as well: down to 25mm from 38mm.

I went to install my amazon chinabay flca's, but couldn't because they don't accept the Tein tension rods - they're too thick to allow the pressed in bolts of the Tein arms to pass through enough. Grrr

Last edited by Black R; 07-03-2017 at 08:50 PM..
Black R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #7362
Black R
Zilvia Addict

Black R is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh and for what it's worth, I measured today:

Tein s13 inner tie rods are 11.25" in total length.
The max depth of the Tein s13 outer tie rods is exactly 2".
Old 07-04-2017, 05:49 AM   #7363
D-Clem
Zilvia Member

D-Clem is making a name for him/her selfD-Clem is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
Oh and for what it's worth, I measured today:

Tein s13 inner tie rods are 11.25" in total length.
The max depth of the Tein s13 outer tie rods is exactly 2".
And just so everyone else isn't confused, Tein only makes one inner and one outer tie rod. There is so S13 specific inner, they are all S14 thread sizing on the outer threads. Good info though on length, thanks.
D-Clem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 07:48 PM   #7364
GKTECH
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black R View Post
I went to install my amazon chinabay flca's, but couldn't because they don't accept the Tein tension rods - they're too thick to allow the pressed in bolts of the Tein arms to pass through enough. Grrr
You could always press the studs out and just run bolts.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:18 AM   #7365
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
anyone on here running techno toy tuning stuff?

yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:18 AM   #7366
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Got a chance to check out the new geomaster 3 knuckles. Looks to be pretty nice. We will see how they install.

tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:10 AM   #7367
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacotacotaco View Post
Got a chance to check out the new geomaster 3 knuckles. Looks to be pretty nice. We will see how they install.

just to let you know apparently they dont work with stock e brake cables....
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #7368
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by RB25GUY View Post
just to let you know apparently they dont work with stock e brake cables....
Do you have any insight as to what the issue is?
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 11:57 AM   #7369
RB25GUY
Nissanaholic!

RB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to allRB25GUY is a name known to all
Quote:
Do you have any insight as to what the issue is?
https://www.facebook.com/sebastian.s...4798952879586/
RB25GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 02:21 PM   #7370
Johannes
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (7)
Johannes is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMans180SX View Post
You move the wheel forward with offset strut tops.

Offthewall is test fitting and driving on GKtech's prototype V4 Pronuckle, which is a trialing knuckle with adjustable ackerman. 50mm drop as well.

He doesn't currently have offset strut tops, so he's running a LOT of caster.

This is with 8* of caster, on the highest ackerman setting, and with the lock stops all the way out. He needs offset strut tops to maximize angle, which is actually limited by his huge Evo 8/9 front calipers, haha.
I have a similar setup to this. Think rotating the pillowball mounts/caster/camber plates so that it faces fwd & outboard, will be enough to reduce caster on a trailing spindle?
Johannes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 06:25 PM   #7371
Pimpnyou204
Leaky Injector

Pimpnyou204 is an unknown quantity at this point
So question I know your castor helps determine your self steer the higher it is the more it will. Now for those with mixed matched steering setup (PSM limitbreak LCA extended maybe 45mm(?) from stock, stock knuckle, q45 rods). Where is your determined good castor set up. Currently I'm on origin type 4 fenders (75mm). Got an alignment basically sitting at .5 toe out 1(?) castor and like 8 degree camber. Yes I know crazy camber I asked for it to be less, guy didn't listen. Strut tops are normal castor and at 3/4 postive camber. Obviously I have steering bind at full lock and the car turn the wheel a quarter your taking a hard right.

Basically what I am asking is if moving the strut top forward, to bring castor up is gonna help with bind and clearance issues I have and how the alignment I have with what I have is adequate or should be adjusted when I take it back to pull the camber back in. 18x 9.5 +12 in front so space is a bitch at full lock. I know the steering rack offset will help with bind but will the top mount castor allow for more clearance at full lock?
Pimpnyou204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:48 AM   #7372
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to PoorMans180SX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes View Post
I have a similar setup to this. Think rotating the pillowball mounts/caster/camber plates so that it faces fwd & outboard, will be enough to reduce caster on a trailing spindle?
Depending on how much caster you want to run, yes. It won't get you the big lock flat contact patch, but it will help offset it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpnyou204 View Post
So question I know your castor helps determine your self steer the higher it is the more it will. Now for those with mixed matched steering setup (PSM limitbreak LCA extended maybe 45mm(?) from stock, stock knuckle, q45 rods). Where is your determined good castor set up. Currently I'm on origin type 4 fenders (75mm). Got an alignment basically sitting at .5 toe out 1(?) castor and like 8 degree camber. Yes I know crazy camber I asked for it to be less, guy didn't listen. Strut tops are normal castor and at 3/4 postive camber. Obviously I have steering bind at full lock and the car turn the wheel a quarter your taking a hard right.

Basically what I am asking is if moving the strut top forward, to bring castor up is gonna help with bind and clearance issues I have and how the alignment I have with what I have is adequate or should be adjusted when I take it back to pull the camber back in. 18x 9.5 +12 in front so space is a bitch at full lock. I know the steering rack offset will help with bind but will the top mount castor allow for more clearance at full lock?
Reducing caster will help with bind. Clearance issues will depend on where you adjust the caster at and where you're having issues. First you need to figure out what your actual caster is though, as 1 is nowhere near correct, and would be very hard to achieve.
It's all a balancing act, but stock knuckle ackerman is going to limit the amount of lock you can get before binding, especially if you're not running offset tie rod mounts or the rack forward.

Friends don't let friends buy knock-offs.
PoorMans180SX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:56 AM   #7373
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

PoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfectionPoorMans180SX is close to perfection
Quote:
Thanks for pictures! Are you switching from the gktech rear? Interesting to see the front steering geometry they have going on.

Old 07-08-2017, 08:33 AM   #7374
Pimpnyou204
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Depending on how much caster you want to run, yes. It won't get you the big lock flat contact patch, but it will help offset it.

Reducing caster will help with bind. Clearance issues will depend on where you adjust the caster at and where you're having issues. First you need to figure out what your actual caster is though, as 1 is nowhere near correct, and would be very hard to achieve.
It's all a balancing act, but stock knuckle ackerman is going to limit the amount of lock you can get before binding, especially if you're not running offset tie rod mounts or the rack forward.
I have a copy of the alignment in the car I'll fetch it when I get home but the entire alignment is certainly not equal by any means. For this set up it should be about 6ish camber 6ish castor and a minor toe out? Correct?

Last edited by Pimpnyou204; 07-08-2017 at 09:41 AM..
Old 07-08-2017, 09:10 AM   #7375
Pimpnyou204
Leaky Injector

Alright complete retard it's 6. Alignment shown in thumb below.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1608.JPG (422.5 KB, 36 views)
Old 07-08-2017, 09:11 AM   #7376
Pimpnyou204
Leaky Injector

Double post
Old 07-08-2017, 10:03 AM   #7377
PoorMans180SX
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Quote:
I have a copy of the alignment in the car I'll fetch it when I get home but the entire alignment is certainly not equal by any means. For this set up it should be about 6ish camber 6ish castor and a minor toe out? Correct?
I don't recommend more than five degrees of negative camber in most cases. Six degrees of caster is a pretty good place to be. Yes a little toe out is beneficial.

Old 07-08-2017, 10:15 AM   #7378
2_Liter_Turbo
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough2_Liter_Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
anyone on here running techno toy tuning stuff?

I may try them for my S14 (the adjustable ones). If I do, I can give some sort of review, but not for steering lock as my car isn't setup for drifting. I'd be interested to see if other's have used it though.
Instagram: @SS.Maxey
2_Liter_Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #7379
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Alright complete retard it's 6. Alignment shown in thumb below.
That sheet doesn't show the caster value. Looks like they didn't check it.

Quote:
I don't recommend more than five degrees of negative camber in most cases.
I agree. When I first setup my car with longer LCA's I was at -9* camber in the front. Braking was awful, the tires would lock up very easily because of how much less tire was touching the road. I dropped it down to -5* and found that to be the sweet spot.
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #7380
Pimpnyou204
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
That sheet doesn't show the caster value. Looks like they didn't check it.

I agree. When I first setup my car with longer LCA's I was at -9* camber in the front. Braking was awful, the tires would lock up very easily because of how much less tire was touching the road. I dropped it down to -5* and found that to be the sweet spot.
Yea I didn't want that much camber I was at about 4 before and then when I pulled it out and dropped it I had to push the strut top back in but 8.5/9 is pretty crazy.