Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-28-2018, 11:07 AM   #1
Shaker.Est.84

Trader Rating: (0)
Shaker.Est.84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
1995 Nissan 240Sx

Hey All.

I recently picked up a 1995 Nissan 240Sx. It is a Non-Runner and not sure when it ran last. I was told it use to have an RB in it 2 owners ago. The last owner who I got the car from had swapped in a S15 SR20 Naturally Aspirated Engine. When I asked what was needed to finish the car so it will run I was told it just needed the 2 Connections just down from the ECM plugged in under the dash. I removed the Dash and the Blower Motor but I am not finding anywhere that these would connect at. I`ve looked at both the Passenger side and Drivers side. I would assume there is some issue since the car is LHD and the Motor/Harness is from a RHD.

A little more background. This is my 2nd SR. I have a 1981 Datsun 720 that I`ve swapped in an S13 SR20DET Blacktop and used the Wiring Specialties Harness. So I had no issues installing and getting it to run. I know it would be easy to get a Harness made up for the 240SX but I really wanted to do this one on a budget just to have a Daily Driver.

For now I would like just to at least see if anyone can help me out with the current setup. Maybe I`m just missing something simple.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Please feel free to ask any questions or for any more pictures.

Cheers Folks

Last edited by Shaker.Est.84; 01-28-2018 at 11:56 AM..
Shaker.Est.84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
First of all, pictures don’t work so you should rework those.

Onto the main issue. Removing he dash and the blower is not really going to help you. The plug is plenty accessible just by removing the glovebox. It should be on the RH side.

As far as the s15 motor -> s14 chassis goes, I’m not 100%. I know the plugs are more likely than not different and you’ll have to source a plug from the engine harness side from an S14 and repin it. Only 5 or 6 wires from that plug are needed (vehicle speed, tacho, engine coolant temp, start signal, ground, maybe one more)

I’ve made countless harnesses for s13’s, z32’s, etc with various motors. Take your time and it’ll turn out nice like this.

nisileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #3
Shaker.Est.84

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried uploading the pictures on here using Imgur as a hosting site as my pictures are to large to directly upload to the site. Did the link work for Imgur? The image uploader does not seem to work for me, [IMG] https://imgur.com/teRaCfm [/IMG]

The F4 Plug looks like it has been re-pinned already. I am good with Mechanical aspect's of working on cars but Electrical has always been hard for me especially now that I have Traumatic Brain Injuries and things don't work like they used to upstairs.

I figured removing the stuff I did was not going to help, But it is nice to see what's been played with from previous owner's. Let e know if you are able to follow the Imgur link to see the pictures.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:36 AM   #4
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

nisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of lightnisileighty is a glorious beacon of light

These plugs should go somewhere around here:
Old 01-28-2018, 11:40 AM   #5
Shaker.Est.84

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisileighty View Post

These plugs should go somewhere around here:
Yeah thats what I thought. I`ll get some more upclose pictures. Give me 20 minutes to get them loaded.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:41 AM   #6
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

I’d suggest downloading Tapatalk on your phone. It makes uploading pictures worlds easier. Just a heads up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2018, 11:50 AM   #7
Shaker.Est.84

Downloaded the app. Hopefully the pictures work now. I appreciate the help.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2018, 11:53 AM   #8
Shaker.Est.84

To be honest i think there are something is missing. Like you said ill have to source the connections

Old 01-28-2018, 11:57 AM   #9
nisileighty
Zilvia FREAK!

1995 Nissan 240Sx

From the pics, it looks like something is missing.

You’re looking for the female version of the F3 plug on the chassis side.

Then you’ll need to source an actual F3 male plug from a spare harness, partout, eBay, WS, etc.

Find the s15 dash plug pinout, s14 dash plug pinout, repin or swap wires and solder it and it should be good to go.

If you want to make your car run right now, you can hardwire it together without the plug, but it’ll make the harness permanent to the chassis without cutting it.
Old 01-28-2018, 11:58 AM   #10
Shaker.Est.84

Pictures from the 1st.

Old 01-28-2018, 12:19 PM   #11
Shaker.Est.84

The F3 plug is the large skinny one? If so that one is connected to the chassis already by the previous owner. It's the 1 Grey and 1 Black plug just down from the ECU on the engine harness side. I do not know the names for them. I'm looking for wiring diagrams now on the forum's.

Old 01-29-2018, 08:21 AM   #12
Shaker.Est.84

So I`ve been talking to the previous owner and He is having the same trouble I am. I asked about the Connections and here is the email response. It does make things a little clearer and also lines up with what nisileighty said about something is missing on the Chassis side.

Email - "you may be running into the same problem i am with the s15, both those harnesses are old wiring specialties harnesses that came off the ebay 240sx groups. i got a diagram from wiring specialties website for mine, that should be the sr20 universal pro harness, but the old version, i think they are then same, however like i said the problem im having and let me know if that s14 is set up the same, there should be existing wiring from factory, (all the ignition wiring) that goes to an ecm (electric control module), the main harness that is plugged into our ecu's is the main engine and trans harness so my issue and i think it may be the same with that is there dosent seem to be anything to connect the ecm to the main engine harness or the ecu. correct me if im wrong but a car needs spark, fuel and air to run, fuel lines are done, all the intake side is done, everything under the hood it done, when you turn the key its getting power its just not sending signal to the engine to give it spark? so find where the ignition wiring ends, if it is in an ecm then look to see if it has a plug in spot on it that nothing is hooked into it,if so send me a pic of it, because maybe there is a harness that goes to the main engine harness (assuming there is an unused clip on the main engine harness inside the cabin) that we dont have or i have sitting in a box here somewhere, so if i know what the connector looks like i can look for something. my ecm does have a place to plug into it but my problem is there is nothing on my main engine harness or ecu to hook it into, sorry for the novel. "

So to me we are both having issues connecting the Engine Harness into the Chassis Harness. As per my last post the Large Skinny Connector is plugged in and I thought it was Re-Pinned but its an Older Model Wiring Specialties Harness so it makes since why it connects. I still have no idea about the Grey and Black plug just down from where my ECU plugs in. Going to hook up the battery today to see if anything lights up.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:07 PM   #13
Shaker.Est.84

Does anyone know where to find the pinout for this plug? S15 sr20de Engine harness side.

I removed the harness from the car. S15 sr20de engine side and s14 240sx dash side.

Old 03-30-2018, 01:25 PM   #14
Shaker.Est.84

Ordered a Taylor Battery Relocation kit Model TC48000 today from performanceimprovements.com

Going to order a Wiring Specialties harness and be done with it. I went through the Chassis harness and cleaned up any bare wires then put it back in the car.
Old 04-09-2018, 08:16 PM   #15
apex128
Zilvia Member

apex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enoughapex128 will become famous soon enough
It's probably a good idea to just replace the harness and be done. You never know who messed with it, or if it's even the right harness for the conversion.
apex128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:41 AM   #16
Shaker.Est.84

@apex128 I actually just ordered a Wiring Specialties harness yesterday. Where I live getting help locally with JDM stuff is near impossible.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:16 PM   #17
mad4carz

mad4carz is an unknown quantity at this point
Are u selling the harness

hey are u selling the harness you took out?i really need one to complete my swap of the exact engine into a sc33 nissan laurel medalist. plz help.really need the bare harness and ill work from that.
mad4carz is offline   Reply With Quote