Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:39 AM   #1
sidewayz_threat
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
sidewayz_threat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KA HELP! 😬 oil valve stem seals?

Alright, been eagerly trying to get myself back in the game. My car has been out for quite sometime due to just having a family and what not. Currently my car is just sitting in the garage, had/have issues with it. Getting one thing done at a time, so basically to get to the point, I’ve figured out that my 240sx with a KA24DE motor has bad oil valve stem seals that need replacing. I’ve figured that out because after starting my car and running it till it warms up, it starts smoking from the exhaust, and oil is leaking from the exhaust pipe gaskets underneath the car. Also, exhaust manifold looks saturated, giving the possibility that oil is present inside it. So, I’ve concluded that’s the only thing that is wrong. There’s no blown head gasket, everything other than that is fine. My problem is, that I can’t find a place that would work on it, and it would cost and arm and leg to get it fixed for something that looks quite moderately easy to fix. I don’t have the time to tow it place to place just to get bullshitted. If I could find a very trustworthy person that can fix that for me, I’d gladly appreciate and of course pay for the cost to fix it. Send out some estimates or referrals that I can go to. I’d appreciate the help!
Old 10-12-2017, 12:31 PM   #2
ZaK687
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
ZaK687 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
get the JWT tool for the ka and do it yourself without pulling the head, super easy just make sure to bring the piston to the top of the cylinder youre working on so you dont drop a valve.
ZaK687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #3
sidewayz_threat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaK687 View Post
get the JWT tool for the ka and do it yourself without pulling the head, super easy just make sure to bring the piston to the top of the cylinder youre working on so you dont drop a valve.
Yeah I have the tool. Thanks, maybe I’ll just try doing it myself 👍🏼
Old 10-23-2017, 11:03 PM   #4
kyral
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
kyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nicekyral is just really nice
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Have you tried doing all 16 yourself? with some rope and the lisle tool
the hardest part is actually getting the valve seal off the guide. i actually ended up just torching the seals
Old 10-24-2017, 11:33 AM   #5
sidewayz_threat
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyral View Post
Have you tried doing all 16 yourself? with some rope and the lisle tool
the hardest part is actually getting the valve seal off the guide. i actually ended up just torching the seals
Haven’t tried with the rope yet. Just recently saw a YouTube video on it. Might give that a try. Looks easy from watching it lol