Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-31-2019, 08:15 AM   #1
KyrinBingaman

Trader Rating: (0)
KyrinBingaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Full Circle // S14 Content

Howdy hello! I've always been a fan of S Chassis, finally got around to buying one! Below is a brief history of past vehicles and current, which lead me to this S14.

(Note: I'm also bringing this thread over from StanceWorks so there will be like 3 posts in a row )

Polarizing Filter Test by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

So I had this hoopty for a hot minute, this was my first manual, first coupe, had the opportunity to take it to my senior prom. Made a lot of friends and learned a lot about cars through it. Blew two VQs in it and wanted to swap in an LS.

LSX 350z by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

During the process of ripping the engine and wiring out.

LS 350Z by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

This is how far I got with the car. I ended up selling the Z to move to Philadelphia.

IMG_7802 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

Brought this jawn to the city of brotherly love.

But, to take it back five years. When I first got my T3i to film scooter videos, I was taking photos too! They weren't that good, but I continued to post them on my Facebook.

Lucid by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

So! A Facebook friend had messaged me asking me if I could take photos of his car, I said hell yea! This was the car.

Nissan 240sx by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

It was RB20 swapped, on coilovers and Square G8 wheels. I uploaded the album to Facebook, of course, and one of his friends asked me to come to a private track and take photos of his car drifting.

006 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

123 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

124 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

127 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

ANOTHER Zenki S14!

IMG_5435 by kyrinbingaman, on Flickr

In case you're curious, this is what his car looks like now.

So that brings me to why I'm making a build thread titled FULL CIRCLE.

240SX Build Thread by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Came across a 240 that was in the budget of what I wanted to spend. Frame is clean, it needs some love, but this model of car is what has brought me on a journey in a hobby that has given me so many life-long friends and great experiences that I will never forget.

Its a stock KA24DE, minus a five speed swap. Full interior, uncracked dash. 300,000 miles.

One thing I learned with the Z is that I need to go enjoy the car! That poor thing sat in my parents driveway for a year and I missed the hell out of just going out for a drive in it!

Even though it has 300,000 miles, the buyer was in Cincinnati. I met him in Pittsburgh then drove it back from there. No hiccups on a 8 hour total trip for the old girl!

I've since moved back in with my parents as I start to save for a house and started working at my old gig making better money again.

IMG_8685 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Within the first two days of me moving back I was out hanging with all my old car friends! This car is owned by the same guy who had the black Zenki in the original post.

IMG_9034 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Went to the local track to shoot some skid racers.

IMG_8831 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

IMG_8872 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

IMG_8772 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Posted up on a friends grom for a new facebook profile pic

240 Build Thread by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Oh look! Another Nissan on jackstands in my parent's driveway!

You vs the guy she tells you not to worry about. My friend with the S13 was kind enough to gift me a welded diff for taking photos of his car. I had to swap diff covers because he wants the J30 cover back.

Some friends came over to help

Painted my rear cover, not sure if you'll be able to see it or not.

IMG_9301 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Picked up this ISR header for $100 never mounted, score! I also painted the valve cover wrinkle black and tossed in some new spark plugs, along with wires.

IMG_9294 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

To match the header, I also picked up the ISR MBSE Type-E exhaust, relatively quiet until you get until about 4000 rpm at WOT. Super nice for cruising!

IMG_9295 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Replaced the old, worn bushings while I was at it.

IMG_9296 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

First piece in

IMG_9297 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Mid pipe attached as well

IMG_9298 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Final piece of the puzzle: ISR test pipe that I also ordered at the same time I got the catback.

IMG_9335 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Picked up a new helmet too!

IMG_9338 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

As well as coilovers. It seems I'm going full ISR everything on this car. My friend with the silver S13 has these along with their control arms and his car rides great.

IMG_9341 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Rears on. Wheels are SVE Cobra R replicas. 17x10.5 +20 with a Federal 235/40r17 square
Note: the fender is not a bad hack job by me, rust, unfortunately!

IMG_9343 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

Bit of a fitment issue with the front! The wheels would not clear the coilovers, so I borrowed a friends 25mm spacers that were collecting dust. After some measurements I found out I can run a 15mm spacer instead.

IMG_9344 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

On the drivers side, I gave the fenders a pretty aggressive roll and pull. Had an issue with the one section not wanting to pull out as far, I'll have to figure it out another day.

IMG_9342 by Kyrin Bingaman, on Flickr

How the car currently sits.
KyrinBingaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links