Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 07-24-2018, 06:04 AM   #121
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJTTon View Post
I guess I dont know the whole history on the white car, but why was it crushed?
I crushed it because I didnt want anyone to ever build that car. I felt like I did it justice the first time but after going through it the second time, it wasnt the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mofuhcka View Post
Didnt know this was getting SR swapped! Ive kinda been playing with the idea of doing it to mine but I’ve never had good luck with SRs and my NEO has plenty of potential. Car looks so good though!
RB25 was my second choice but I couldnt pass up the lightweight and the availability of parts.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:36 AM   #122
Farzam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (1)
Farzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfectionFarzam is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Love the progression of the build. Hella culture. I really wanted to SR swap my r32 sedan if it blew up. I would imagine it being a lot of fun with the right supporting mods.

Don't necessarily agree with crushing a good shell for any reason that isn't legally mandatory but it isn't mine so whatever.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:04 AM   #123
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

JIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really niceJIMB0 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post
Love the progression of the build. Hella culture. I really wanted to SR swap my r32 sedan if it blew up. I would imagine it being a lot of fun with the right supporting mods.

Don't necessarily agree with crushing a good shell for any reason that isn't legally mandatory but it isn't mine so whatever.
Pretty much everyone didnt agree with me crushing the car but once I did it, and it sounds really cheesy but, it was liberating. It "broke" the need to build another 240sx.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #124
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMB0 View Post
Here is a 3 month update.

Got the SR20 tuned and got the hood painted. Had to redo the overfenders since they were cut correctly to allow the wheels to fit properly.

Had my friend Justin (RurouniMidnight) took some pictures of the car that I’ll probably post on my blog so I don’t cluster up this page.

Drifting this weekend then hopefully have a couple practice days before I head off to SuperD in September.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:28 PM   #125
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farzam View Post

Im with this guy; I think you havent told us the rest of the story otherwise thats psychotic.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:14 PM   #126
Mofuhcka
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Mofuhcka is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
RB25 was my second choice but I couldnt pass up the lightweight and the availability of parts.
I feel that. Who knows, maybe Ill stumble upon a cheap SR on day
Old 07-24-2018, 10:49 PM   #127
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
The R32 ain't a slab. But it still fucks.
Old 07-25-2018, 06:43 AM   #128
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Im with this guy; I think you havent told us the rest of the story otherwise thats psychotic.
ill agree with you that im psychotic.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:16 PM   #129
The_Element_911

Trader Rating: (0)
The_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyes221 View Post
my heart dropped when i read you crushed the white hatch
Agree
Old 08-23-2018, 12:39 PM   #130
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

So went to the drift event and rod knocked the motor first couple of turns. Go to find out that I might have been just “that” much low of oil and the ARC oil pan didn’t have those trap door baffles. No idea how it happened but motor was smoked.

Packed it up, went home and pulled the motor. Went the following Monday or Tuesday and bought a S15 SR20. No more games. If this thing blows up, I either gotta rebuild or just quit at this point.

I’m keeping this motor stock. Just a drop in swap to get me through SuperD and Another event next year. Defiantly not drifting any events next summer in Texas because the heat is getting unbearable.

Also, I picked up another S13. 1 owner, low mileage, sun roof, 5 speed and power everything. I was cruising it last week and over the weekend but clutch fluid is leaking from I believe either the hardline or the dampener. I’ve order a new SS clutch line to replace all that other trash. Register and put the car on my insurance so I know I’m keeping it lol

I already have full Kouki aero and TE’s but I’ve been playing with the idea of just keeping it Zenki for a while. We will see what happens. Trying to wrap up the R32, sell some left over parts and start buying stuff for the S13.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2018, 12:56 PM   #131
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
zenki with te's
Old 08-23-2018, 01:56 PM   #132
IIIXziuR
Post Whore!

IIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfectionIIIXziuR is close to perfection
Cool that one owner, good conditions S13's are still out there.
Nice acquirements, boss.
Old 08-23-2018, 03:10 PM   #133
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deolio View Post
zenki with te's
i think im going to try to find some mesh wheels or something
Old 08-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #134
240msh
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known240msh is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sicccckkkk
Old 08-24-2018, 09:19 AM   #135
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (5)
greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Pretty much everyone didnt agree with me crushing the car but once I did it, and it sounds really cheesy but, it was liberating. It "broke" the need to build another 240sx.
This is pretty stupid. What are you trying to make your life like a Keanu Reeves movie?

I'm glad your SR got rod knock. Karma for crushing a good shell.
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:19 AM   #136
The_Element_911

The_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choicesThe_Element_911 has made poor choices
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenwood View Post
This is pretty stupid. What are you trying to make your life like a Keanu Reeves movie?

Lol I never wish bad things to others, but crushing that shell was kinda selfish.
Old 08-24-2018, 11:56 AM   #137
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:

pretty harsh man. Im just doing my part with recycling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Element_911 View Post
Lol I never wish bad things to others, but crushing that shell was kinda selfish.
well it was my car so i could of done anything I wanted with it and I chose to make the earth greener.
Old 08-24-2018, 12:47 PM   #138
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:

Quote:
Y'all still crying about a crushed up cube of a car that's dead and gone. Move on with your lives.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:09 PM   #139
The_Element_911

Quote:
well it was my car so i could of done anything I wanted with it and I chose to make the earth greener.
It's not about what you could or couldn't do, it's about what others could have done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
Y'all still crying about a crushed up cube of a car that's dead and gone. Move on with your lives.
I'm not crying, I'm giving my opinion and you don't have to agree with it. Move on with really important moderator stuff.
Old 08-25-2018, 07:13 PM   #140
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
I'm not crying, I'm giving my opinion and you don't have to agree with it. Move on with really important moderator stuff.
I am doing my moderator stuff and I'm saying cut it with the guilt over a crushed tin can.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 12:18 AM   #141
The_Element_911

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaLKoN240 View Post
I am doing my moderator stuff and I'm saying cut it with the guilt over a crushed tin can.
No, you are not doing your moderator stuff. That crushed tin can? It happens to be the reason this thread exists.
And I suppose your responsibility, among other things, is to keep the threads flowing with the proper topic. You are doing the opposite right know. Sadly, your only by-the-book intervention in this case could be closing this thread, not trying to prohibit users to share.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:45 PM   #142
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Was there something inherently wrong with the chassis of the car that it got crushed? I feel like there is some really good reason that hasnt been stated yet
Old 08-26-2018, 01:01 PM   #143
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Was there something inherently wrong with the chassis of the car that it got crushed? I feel like there is some really good reason that hasnt been stated yet
at this point, it doesnt even matter.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:44 AM   #144
Dolph_KYAS13
Zilvia Addict

Dolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond reputeDolph_KYAS13 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

Shell killer! YOURE A MONSTER
Old 08-27-2018, 06:16 AM   #145
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolph_KYAS13 View Post
Shell killer! YOURE A MONSTER
HAHAHAHA Hey dude!!!
Old 08-27-2018, 08:04 AM   #146
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Everytime I see a kitted 4 door, it makes me want to ditch my coupe a liiiiiittle bit more.
tuzzio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:08 AM   #147
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzzio View Post
Everytime I see a kitted 4 door, it makes me want to ditch my coupe a liiiiiittle bit more.
4 doors are pretty cookie cutter lol not many variations IMO. But 2 doors remind me of S13's so what do I know.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #148
lonewanderer
Zilvia Member

lonewanderer is making a name for him/her selflonewanderer is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
So went to the drift event and rod knocked the motor first couple of turns. Go to find out that I might have been just “that” much low of oil and the ARC oil pan didn’t have those trap door baffles. No idea how it happened but motor was smoked.

Packed it up, went home and pulled the motor. Went the following Monday or Tuesday and bought a S15 SR20. No more games. If this thing blows up, I either gotta rebuild or just quit at this point.

I’m keeping this motor stock. Just a drop in swap to get me through SuperD and Another event next year. Defiantly not drifting any events next summer in Texas because the heat is getting unbearable.
You should sell that ARC oil pan, any collector of abbey road would probably buy despite the setbacks of no trap doors. Then you could use the cash to get a Greddy one which is better insurance for the new motor. They come with the trap doors so you don't have to stress.
lonewanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 01:17 PM   #149
JIMB0
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewanderer View Post
You should sell that ARC oil pan, any collector of abbey road would probably buy despite the setbacks of no trap doors. Then you could use the cash to get a Greddy one which is better insurance for the new motor. They come with the trap doors so you don't have to stress.
one step ahead of you sir! Thats is exactly what I did! well i got the new Tomei pan.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:37 AM   #150
run-matsuo

run-matsuo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
4 doors are pretty cookie cutter lol not many variations IMO. But 2 doors remind me of S13's so what do I know.
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE
BN SPORTS
PS DUCE