Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 03-21-2005, 09:46 AM   #1
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
anyone have problems with BOV on cold pipe?

like the title says.

I am running my GReddy Type S right before the throttle body and it seems to me it dosn't open at all... I have it adjusted all the way loose. I'm acutally having a little boost leak problem too (can't get above a like 4-5 psi) but the BOV should be able to vent before that correct? I watched my BOV and it dosn't open at all and all i hear is a fluttering sound comming from my intake. Is that compressor surge?

im jus wondering if anyone else runs their BOV on the cold side with low-mid boost and has any issues at all with the BOV venting?
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2005, 03:55 PM   #2
sdtouge
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
sdtouge can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
thats where they are supposed to be...
sdtouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 03:57 PM   #3
Silverbullet
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (2)
Silverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really niceSilverbullet is just really nice
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Silverbullet
negative... they are tipically on the hotpipe, about a foot after the turbo...
Go back to whatever Honda forum you came from.
Silverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:02 PM   #4
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

ultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura about
location doesnt matter... it just gives different boost bleed characteristics, and if u r looking at the BOV waiting for it to activate, it prolly wont. turbos normally dont make boost in nuetral.
ultraDorksGarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:33 PM   #5
s14turbosilvia
Zilvia Addict

s14turbosilvia has a little shameless behavior in the past
Send a message via AIM to s14turbosilvia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultraDorksGarage
location doesnt matter... it just gives different boost bleed characteristics, and if u r looking at the BOV waiting for it to activate, it prolly wont. turbos normally dont make boost in nuetral.
You can make boost in neutral. Turbos make most boost at w.o.t. and you can certainly hold the throttle open in neutral revlimiter!
Old 03-21-2005, 05:35 PM   #6
ultraDorksGarage
Zilvia Member

ultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura aboutultraDorksGarage has a spectacular aura about
generally speaking i was refering to the fact that he said he was getting on ly 4-5 psi, and my assumption he was at neutral. but yeah, my sr doesnt get any boost sitting in my garage >.>

edit: just out of curiosity, does your turbo give boost at 0 load? normally a decent sized turbo will have a shaft speed that will not create noticable pressure at 0 load, RPM comes up too quick for turbo to spool up and make pressure, just as a centrifugal supercharger does not create boost without some load. just wondering...and rev limiter on an SR cuts fuel, not something i wanna know intimately, lol

Last edited by ultraDorksGarage; 03-21-2005 at 07:45 PM..
ultraDorksGarage is offline   Reply With Quote