Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 10-12-2013, 04:03 AM   #31
h2v7
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (3)
h2v7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i liked my isis blast pipes but then went with isis mbse type-e and likes that a lot too
h2v7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-2013, 04:24 AM   #32
Hashiriya415
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
Hashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enoughHashiriya415 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Chambered Deep-Tone Mufflers

JEGS Chambered Deep-Tone Mufflers - JEGS
Hashiriya415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:27 AM   #33
ixfxi
Post Whore!

ixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfectionixfxi is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
technically... Exhaust is an Inert gas. cant be burned again.
have you ever even gone to a place called school before, or bothered to read a book?

listen, i dont consider myself to be a scholar, but i can tell you that this is one of the most idiotic statements i've ever read on this forum.

exhaust gas is exhaust gas, its composed of many things.. hence the reason when you go for a smog test, they test the percentage of gasses found in your exhaust stream

argon = inert gas
helium = inert gas
nitrogen = inert gas

there is a reason why cars are equipped with catalytic converters... and thats to burn the unburned gas in the exhaust stream

you stupid fucking idiot
ixfxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #34
mechanicalmoron
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
mechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nicemechanicalmoron is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
have you ever even gone to a place called school before, or bothered to read a book?

listen, i dont consider myself to be a scholar, but i can tell you that this is one of the most idiotic statements i've ever read on this forum.

exhaust gas is exhaust gas, its composed of many things.. hence the reason when you go for a smog test, they test the percentage of gasses found in your exhaust stream

argon = inert gas
helium = inert gas
nitrogen = inert gas

there is a reason why cars are equipped with catalytic converters... and thats to burn the unburned gas in the exhaust stream

you stupid fucking idiot

Also, this thread is rice.
mechanicalmoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #35
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post

argon = inert gas
helium = inert gas
nitrogen = inert gas

you stupid fucking idiot
This is true. Exhaust is mainly carbon monxide, which is highly flammable in the right circumstances
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #36
Scope240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
Scope240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
RS*R ExMag

someone is selling one on craigslist for 390 its brand new.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...116629584.html

Nissan 240sx RS*R Ex Mag Exhaust - YouTube

pretty sweet sounding.
idk why so many haters are in here lol.. kick rocks
Scope240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 03:14 PM   #37
SilviaSR20DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
SilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her selfSilviaSR20DET is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
if you can find them, gp sports exhausts are deep sounding.
SilviaSR20DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #38
Lethal240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Lethal240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I have Isis Single GT , its a full 3 inch catback and its really deep and rumbly.
Lethal240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:00 PM   #39
yetijeff
Zilvia Addict

yetijeff is an unknown quantity at this point
A "deep" exhaust sound using only a na KA24E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaluska View Post
technically... Exhaust is an Inert gas. cant be burned again.
I'm usually not the type to be an asshole on here. But u sir are a fucking moron. Did u google inert? It means it does not succumb to any molecular changes. Hence why u use argon (an inert or noble gas) when welding. Exhaust is a by product of burning a combustible gas. and the egr system, as well as the cat is to burn unburnt air fuel mixture... If exhaust was inert then we would have no pollution
yetijeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #40
mr.nismo.
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
mr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond reputemr.nismo. has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinspool View Post
I believe that is the valve on the back of the intake manifold that has a hardline connected to the exhaust somewhere. It's a bitch to get to with the intake manifold on the motor, or motor in the car.
What? No it's not. It's bolted to the plenum like right on top. Towards the back of it. If you kept the AIV on then you probably had those problems. My old KAE had a 4-2-1 header, Megan resonated test pipe, SRS 2.5 cat back, cold air, and was fine with bot valve. I felt a diff with erg tube hooked up (loss of power) but it should be fine.
mr.nismo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #41
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
3" exhaust on N/A engines will sort of make the tone deeper. But for the most part, it sounds like a fart can.
Go with a 2.5" system. It's all you'll ever need on a N/A application. You'll see about as much benefit if not more than a not-so restrictive 3" piping.
I disagree with this and am getting sick of posting the dyno's that prove it...

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by zooopreme View Post
know this is a 18" resonator but the 22" that BRM offers will make the tone deeper.
I agree. The longer the resonator the better.