Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Old 05-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #1
driftwhat
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
driftwhat is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Cool Canadian 1jz s14 build

Well Ive been cruising this forum for about 5 years now and always wanted an s14.... One day that all came true!!

Now im sitting on my couch waiting for the snow to fly tonite as predicted and cruizing along I thought to myself why dont I make a build thread for my car....... So here it is!!

I got my car on a trade for a crotch rocket I had. Needless to say I added a lil bit of cash on top of the deal so it was a sure thing!

The car when I got her was a bone sotck 98 usdm s14, only exception was that it had a sr20 swap with a greddy front mount and an alluminum no name rad and also came with a white jdm bumper. The thing about the car was that it didnt run right, the kid that had it before me beat the shit out of it and therefore the turbo was f*cked spilling oil into the ic pipes etc etc...

Here are some pics of the car when I first got it. Please excuse the TERRIBLE ride height.

I then ordered a set of Megan Track coilovers and picked up a set of 19x9.5 +24 19x10.5 +27 Work meisters

The Coilovers took a while to show up seeing on how we live up in the great white north, so the wheels and bumper went on first.

After getting sick of looking at it and getting no where with the turbo problems I took it to a friends house and we started tinkering with it, meanwhile his brother was planning on building his rusty zenki s14 into a 1jz powered drift car... One night after a couple beers and swear words on how my turbo was shit the brother piped up and offered a strait swap for the 1jz with a r154 trans and mounts that he already ordered, for my sr...... I must say god was smiling down on me that night, I hummed and hawed about it cause I didn't know much about them and after my friend nudging me to do it, the handshake was consumed and the deal was done... so the swap began!!

After starting the swap the coilovers finally showed up so we put them in as well, this next pic is before any pulling was done in the rear.

After losing my job the car sat for a couple moths with wiring that needed to be done etc etc, after getting back to work and having flow coming in the work started up again on the car, next was finishing up the wiring...

Thanks to my buddy Mike and Steve and me soaking up there knowledge
the wiring was finished up!!

I had the car out for a month or 2 befoire going away again but it was nice to have for a lil while, I put it into one of the last car shows before the summer was over and got alot of good hype from it, of course there were the haters that commented on the zip ties and shit but what can I say.... It was a work in progress!!

Here are some of the show pics

I used 94 integra turn signals flipped upside down for turn signals mostly cause the jdm lights were a lil hard to find... but I do have some now!!

So another winter came and I thought I wanted to try out the drifting side of things so I put the Works up for sale, they sold pretty quick and I picked up a set of 18x9 +10 18x10 +8 AME's. I dont remember what kind they were and needless to say I could careless...... They were cracked when I got them.... Heres a pic of the wheels.

I was not impressed with the wheels when I got them from a contact from Japan so I setteled until spring when the cracks were noticed, The contact I dealt with was very apoligetic and after a couple of months we finally worked out a deal, heres a pic of the car how it was run untill the deal was met. Lucky for me my friend Steve had a set of gramlights kickin around that he wasnt using...

I sold my jdm bumper and usdm skirts and ordered a body kit but once again tradegy struck!! The tsunami hit japan and parts were getting hard to get a hold of again... Finally somthing went right and my wheel contact came through I ended up paying an extra couple bucks givng him back my AME'S and picked up a set of 19x8 19x10 +8 Allgeron Oltega wheels, and WOW did it ever change up the apperance!!

I also installed a knock off roof wing, hate the way it fits but what can you ask for with knock off junk, LOOKING for a dmax one if anyone is interestred in shipping one to Canada LEMME KNOW!!!!

Heres fittment with the new wheels and a lil bit of pull in the rear

I got a hold of some gauges and did a lil bit of custom install I think it looks pretty good! I removed the heater controls and mounted them below the cd player and mounter the 3 gauges in the stock heater control location... seems to be working well!

I waited all summer for my kit, and it never showed I drove the car out to Kelowna BC to meet up with some friends and check out a drift event. I ended up leaving the car out there instead of driving back there to park it for winter to get painted....... Of course the day I left the Vertex kit showed up!!!

The summer has come to an end again...... Cars finally gonna get painted before spring and a mega single turbo upgrade!! Ive got a wedding and alot of saving to have the car ready for the wedding cause the wife wants it to be part of the photos and such!!!! I couldn't be more excited for next spring!!

I hope you have enjoyed the start to my build thread and I will keep it updated as much as possible when parts arrive!! I promise to not dissapoint when it comes to the single turbo upgrade that is coming!!!

Keep the comments coming and such im always up for criticisum or applause!!

Peace out for now!!
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #2
blades13.5
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
blades13.5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
sick engine! I really like that bumper! Keep it clean!
blades13.5 is offline   Reply With Quote