Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat > Builds (and builds only)

Builds (and builds only) Got a build thread? It goes here, build threads anywhere else on the forum will be locked and never moved.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2017, 06:27 PM   #1
gzilla_

Trader Rating: (0)
gzilla_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
gzilla_'s R32 GTR Build.

Hello everyone,

What's going on! Mike here. I imported my R32 GTR around late October 2016. The car has a R34 RB26DETT with low mileage. Car has zero rust and was resprayed last year. I got it a for a steal.

The whole journey was awesome. I flew into Canada and bought the car from a friend. I drove straight to the border from the airport. I had zero issues at the border and I was in/out in less than an hour with zero paperwork filled out when I got there. This is my 14th car that I've owned since I've started driving and by far the best. (Coming from Evo's, STi's, etc) (I do hate the attention it grabs but you learn to deal with it). I've always wanted one and finally get to own it.

So winter was obviously near and I decided that I want to do as much preventative maintenance as I could before racing the car in 2017. My buddy John and I started taking the car apart to repair some minor leaks and replace gaskets. As we were taking off the head, there were some imperfections in the block.

Fast forward, the "preventative maintenance" turned into an all-out build. A friend on here said you should make a thread and document your build. So here I am, making a thread to share my progress. I am building the car primarilyfor Hill Climb / Auto-X so I'm looking to make between 500-600whp reliable power and then turn it up on a rare occasion if I ever feel the need to.

Untitled by @mephoto_, on Flickr

by @mephoto_, on Flickr

Rear all cleaned up and reassembled.

Valve cover baffles by LeaskSpec

Thanks for stopping in. I will post updates as I go.

If you have Instagram, @gzilla_ and if you have YouTube, @gzilla_ for progress as well.
I love to follow builds and vlogs so I'd love to see what else is going on out there.

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by gzilla_; 01-11-2017 at 01:11 AM..
gzilla_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links