Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-04-2013, 09:56 PM   #1
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Tial Q/QR blow off valve

Everyone raves about how awesome they are, but I haven't really seen any reasons why. Looking at either getting one of these or another GReddy RS, I've ran an RS before and it was ok.

Don't want a SSQV, so nobody suggest HKS please.

So, Tial bov, do you like them, why or why not.

It'll be going on a 1jz if that makes a difference.
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
beems240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
beems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant futurebeems240sx has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Well I have a tial on my sr set up and love it. Sounds awesome and holds pressure beautifully. I have also run the greddy flanged forge bov. It's a dual piston and it held 28psi on a 20g wheel. Sounded awesome with flutter on the small piston. My greddy rs leaked like a whore as well as my hks ssqv
Old 09-04-2013, 10:13 PM   #3
nujabe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
nujabe can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
for get all that.. run a greddy type r coolest bov ever... you will have a problem with getting to much vaaahinaaaa after you install it.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #4
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Sard r2d2 works fine for me.

I used the Tial qr on my suby. It worked fine.
Old 09-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #5
jorge1190
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
jorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to alljorge1190 is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I have a Tial QR on my SR. It sounds great, has never leaked, and the V-band makes it a breeze to install or take off.

I have never heard of anyone having issues with Tial BOV's leaking. Tial overall makes a great product.
jorge1190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
ComicArtist
Zilvia Member

ComicArtist is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge1190 View Post
I have a Tial QR on my SR. It sounds great, has never leaked, and the V-band makes it a breeze to install or take off.

I have never heard of anyone having issues with Tial BOV's leaking. Tial overall makes a great product.
That pretty much sums up everything I've read. I was a little worried about the v-band setup, but no one has ever seemed to have one leak.
ComicArtist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #7
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
I'm actually ordering a QR this week. What spring are you guys using? Looking at the list I need the unpainted spring but I've heard of people going by that and the spring was too stiff
Old 09-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
justanotherbluesbrother

justanotherbluesbrother is an unknown quantity at this point
^^^I'm actually wondering the same thing. No clue what spring rate I would need, and cant readily meausure my vacuum cause the car isnt running/together. SR20, 550cc, stock cams, S14 turbo (for the time being)
I remember reading that stock sr20 pulled 22-24 Hg so you'd need the 11psi spring?? Seems a tad stiff though especially for a stockish sr.
Of course thats the internet for you though. No clue if legit.
Anyone care to enlighten me???
Old 09-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #9
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
You need a 11psi spring. It doesn't matter on stock or modified engines. It's all about the vac pressure. If your engine is stock then the vacuum pressure is what you read. Cams and such will lower your vacuum pressure and require a softer spring rate iirc.

I'm using my tial and love it. Clean bov sound and very reliable.
s13drob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:47 PM   #10
waxball88
Zilvia FREAK!

waxball88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Love my Tial, big heavy spring for my ka. A friend has one on his 1jz soarer and it's why I bought one
waxball88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #11
Slip&Sliden 240
Zilvia Member

Slip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfectionSlip&Sliden 240 is close to perfection
I only use TiAL BOV's they work really well and no compressor surge. Have not had one leak yet even with 50psi of boost.
Slip&Sliden 240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 02:38 PM   #12
Mile High Silvia
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Mile High Silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
the tials are the best made bov on the market right now. theyre fucking awesome.
had one on my vr6 turbo. will be putting one on the 240 sometime this winter.

i highly recommend getting the softest spring they have for it. it will help eliminate any bov flutter and consequent damage to your turbo. i had a 6psi wastegate spring in mine. the springs they recommend are usually WAY too stiff and will cause issues. BUT if you want your car to sound like every eclipse/talon/srt4 in america then get the recommended spring hahaha

Mile High Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 10:44 PM   #13
Hanz41
Zilvia Member

Hanz41 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like my Tial, BUT

I got the 11 psi spring(like you should), put it in, and the car idled like shit and died. ran rich for the short time it was running. so I ordered a 12 psi spring. I was 99% sure it would be too stiff and not open, which was the case.. it idled great. AFR's were normal, but wouldnt release under boost. So I bought a washer and matched that up with the 11psi spring, and it kinda works now... idles good, and releases under boost, but also has some surging along with the BOV sound.. doenst do it under WOT, but yes under light throttle. Dont really wanna kill my s15 turbo.. iono.. also, the car runs a hair more rich overall. like 14.5 idle, 12.5-13ish under cruising/light accceleration, and down to like almost 10.5 under WOT

Ryan Hanlon X S13.5 X Miata X IG @ryanhanlon41
Hanz41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #14
Mile High Silvia
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanz41 View Post
I like my Tial, BUT

I got the 11 psi spring(like you should), put it in, and the car idled like shit and died. ran rich for the short time it was running. so I ordered a 12 psi spring. I was 99% sure it would be too stiff and not open, which was the case.. it idled great. AFR's were normal, but wouldnt release under boost. So I bought a washer and matched that up with the 11psi spring, and it kinda works now... idles good, and releases under boost, but also has some surging along with the BOV sound.. doenst do it under WOT, but yes under light throttle. Dont really wanna kill my s15 turbo.. iono.. also, the car runs a hair more rich overall. like 14.5 idle, 12.5-13ish under cruising/light accceleration, and down to like almost 10.5 under WOT
Do you have a Maf sensor? And a is your bov vented to atmosphere? If you have a Maf sensor then you must recirculate the vented air back into the intake. If you don't the car will be venting metered air which will cause rich conditions and idle issues
Old 09-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #15
Anhell_ito
Zilvia Junkie

Anhell_ito is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nujabe View Post
for get all that.. run a greddy type r coolest bov ever... you will have a problem with getting to much vaaahinaaaa after you install it.
i agree with this guy^^ got one for sale if interested
Anhell_ito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:17 AM   #16
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
You could try out the turbosmart raceport. Still a 50mm bov but less weight and sleek design!
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #17
Mile High Silvia
Leaky Injector

Greddy bov's are for JDM Fanboys lol
Old 09-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #18
Mile High Silvia
Leaky Injector

Lol I have one in my car tho so hahahaha
It'll be replaced with a Tial qr that recirculateds from the cold side the intercooler.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:40 PM   #19
Mysterious Driver
Leaky Injector

Mysterious Driver is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Mysterious Driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanz41 View Post
I got the 11 psi spring(like you should), put it in, and the car idled like shit and died. ran rich for the short time it was running. so I ordered a 12 psi spring. I was 99% sure it would be too stiff and not open, which was the case.. it idled great. AFR's were normal, but wouldnt release under boost. So I bought a washer and matched that up with the 11psi spring, and it kinda works now... idles good, and releases under boost, but also has some surging along with the BOV sound.. doenst do it under WOT, but yes under light throttle.
This is what i'm going through only i had to cut and mix the 12psi and 9psi spring together to get mind the work fine