Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #31
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (31)
MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to MrFairlady
Figured out this part I orig Posted.

Edit

Last edited by MrFairlady; 01-28-2008 at 01:16 PM..
MrFairlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #32
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

MrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant futureMrFairlady has a brilliant future
edited Aeofihqwepf

Last edited by MrFairlady; 04-23-2008 at 08:30 PM..
Old 01-27-2008, 05:22 PM   #33
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

OK Finally figured out where this Linkage is supposed to go...but I'm going to have to use my Factory Brake cable looking thing and the arm will just pull it open/shut.

Last edited by MrFairlady; 04-23-2008 at 08:30 PM..
Old 01-28-2008, 02:00 AM   #34
carbonx240
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
carbonx240 has a spectacular aura aboutcarbonx240 has a spectacular aura aboutcarbonx240 has a spectacular aura aboutcarbonx240 has a spectacular aura aboutcarbonx240 has a spectacular aura aboutcarbonx240 has a spectacular aura aboutcarbonx240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Cool

best thread ever.wow i need money to do this amazing a/c work.
carbonx240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 01:37 AM   #35
CalPolyKing
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (45)
CalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond reputeCalPolyKing has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 45 reviews
Send a message via AIM to CalPolyKing
Would anyone know why my vents dont cycle through? It worked for a couple month then it just started blowing through the bottom, it came back on for a couple weeks then it went out again.
In NOT talking about the blower, im talkin about the VENTS and how they transitions from feet to the front one on the dash and other vents.

When I did the diagnostics it came up with 31,32,34,35,36, on TEST 3.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:39 AM   #36
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalPolyKing View Post
Would anyone know why my vents dont cycle through? It worked for a couple month then it just started blowing through the bottom, it came back on for a couple weeks then it went out again.
In NOT talking about the blower, im talkin about the VENTS and how they transitions from feet to the front one on the dash and other vents.

When I did the diagnostics it came up with 31,32,34,35,36, on TEST 3.
Thats Simple diag to start.

Check the motor on the Driverside near the steering wheel...you need to see if that is moving when you select the position for air flow.Your new wiring should Have NOTHING TO DO W/ THAT motor.
Its located under the Lower dash panel where your knees would be while sitting.Over on the the right.Right where the Aspirator tube is hooked into the box.Check that.If it dosen't move then you need a new motor there.Might have took a shit.

Last edited by MrFairlady; 01-30-2008 at 09:52 PM..
Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #37
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
Wow, nice write up. I still haven't decided if I'm gonna do this mod yet but at least I know everything involved now.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:12 PM   #38
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlavaflow View Post
Wow, nice write up. I still haven't decided if I'm gonna do this mod yet but at least I know everything involved now.
No....not quite.There are 3-4 diff write ups...and all are diff.Beware.This is not as easy as some have had.

MANY variables involved.
This piticular How-to is Using more JDM parts than the other write ups.
Very tough install.I'm having very hard luck and have tried re-wiring just about every diff combination of ALL these how-to's.No one has Colaborated together to make 1 install.

Good luck to you sir.Hopefully your Luck will be w/ you when starting.
Also - No one will reply to any of the 3-4 write-up How to's.Its like a dead group of threads.Everyone is 'DOne" w/ them.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #39
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

I GOT IT!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS

Anyway I figured it out what I did wrong.It was a Def error on my part...and I am Planning a 1 write up on this To END ALL THE DRAMA on this deal with 3-4 diff write ups.Its gotta come to an end and it def is pretty simple.

Turns out I tapped the wrong end of the Blue/red wire from the 7 pin JDM harness for 12v ign.I tapped the end going to a "dead plug" pretty much.It so happens thats the wire that sends signal to the Blower rely to adjust fan speed. I knew I had it hooked up correctly because I was have 0 probelms that everyone else had.

NEW WRITE UP TO COME!

Thanks to all the actual makers...w/o you it really would be VERY hard to make work.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:48 PM   #40
hotlavaflow
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (23)
hotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to beholdhotlavaflow is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to hotlavaflow
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
I GOT IT!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSS

Anyway I figured it out what I did wrong.It was a Def error on my part...and I am Planning a 1 write up on this To END ALL THE DRAMA on this deal with 3-4 diff write ups.Its gotta come to an end and it def is pretty simple.

Turns out I tapped the wrong end of the Blue/red wire from the 7 pin JDM harness for 12v ign.I tapped the end going to a "dead plug" pretty much.It so happens thats the wire that sends signal to the Blower rely to adjust fan speed. I knew I had it hooked up correctly because I was have 0 probelms that everyone else had.

NEW WRITE UP TO COME!

Thanks to all the actual makers...w/o you it really would be VERY hard to make work.
Congrats. I'll wait for your write-up and decide if I want the headache.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #41
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlavaflow View Post
Congrats. I'll wait for your write-up and decide if I want the headache.
Its not a headache...espically after I write it up.

I Know NOW all the parts needed to do this and in What order etc.Half of these Guys Re-wired th ewhole damn dash for something so Simple..and I even did it w/o a damn Volt meter.ALl I had was a test light.

Its def very simple as the others have posted.Much Props to them for figuring it out......but ALOT of stuff is Incomplete and Mis-information on some.
Even down to what side of the car to be on...some of that was missing and Took an extra Day just to figure out where they were working and on WHAT.

the Proper Names for items help too...I was getting so damn confused on What someone was calling 1 thing...someone else was calling it something else.
Old 03-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #42
driftenthusiast
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
driftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I did this wite up to be very simple so people would understand it, i have had no problems with mine doing it the EXACT way i wrote it up, the pictures are pretty easy to figure out if you just compare them to your own car.

nissan tech
driftenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #43
driftenthusiast
Zilvia Junkie

driftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to alldriftenthusiast is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFairlady View Post
The HUGE misconception of this thread is that You are Using ALL The JDM parts including the BOX...it would def make it a tad eaiser. as well as Not Really Documenting What side of ther car your on.No Biggie though.
This is why the is a parts list in the beginning of the thread. It tells you what i used, the "JDM air box" is not listed.

nissan tech
driftenthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:45 PM   #44
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftenthusiast View Post
I did this wite up to be very simple so people would understand it, i have had no problems with mine doing it the EXACT way i wrote it up, the pictures are pretty easy to figure out if you just compare them to your own car.

calm down there "home Skillet" .
1st off - Much props to you sir for doing this...Yours is actually what I went by..I was commenting on yours BUT, all the others (write-ups) Mostly.

I was lost @ 1st because I couldn't even tell what side of the car from the pic's because I've NEVER been under the Dash on my Nissan.That was tricky.
I had a Wire tapped that was "dead".It didn't lead to anything and thats why mine was FULL blast @ 1st.

Parts are Simple and Wiring is Simple of course..Now that I've done it.

I'll get mine up and running soon.people obviously have been Fine w/ the ones avail so far.

Big Props to you though.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:16 PM   #45
rongfk
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
rongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
just finnished my dcc install this week, and everything is working perfict. the only issue i had was when it came to the plenum door actuator
mine came without the linkage. so i just used the likage from an extra s13 door handle with a little modification, it worked fine.

for sale: http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=193169

-1990 s13 hb w/all jdm 180sx goodies... gone to fresno
-1985 ae86 gts turbo... going threw a heart transplant
-1963 euro ragtop bug... asleep in the garage

Luv 2 Build, Luv 2 Show, Luv 2 Cruise!....
rongfk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:24 PM   #46
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rongfk View Post
just finnished my dcc install this week, and everything is working perfict. the only issue i had was when it came to the plenum door actuator
mine came without the linkage. so i just used the likage from an extra s13 door handle with a little modification, it worked fine.
SAme here...I Cut the factory Tube/cable thing and used that.

I ended up buying another Blend door motor w/ the linkage as a spare..just incase mine wants to take a shit..I'll have one....but I don't feel like trying to mount that damn thing since mine is perfect now.

Way to go brother!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:18 PM   #47
rongfk
Zilvia Addict

rongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond reputerongfk has a reputation beyond repute
^thanks bro.
here it is, i ended up mounting the cabin sensor where it goes like on the jdm trim. oh and excuse my messy project car! lol...

Old 04-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #48
DreamN
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
DreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfectionDreamN is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
Ronnie that looks very nice. Dude can you PM me your number. I need your skills once again.

Wanted:

TBD

For Sale:
TBD
DreamN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:18 AM   #49
sileightyfreak
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (10)
sileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfectionsileightyfreak is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sileightyfreak Send a message via Yahoo to sileightyfreak
Quote:
^thanks bro.
here it is, i ended up mounting the cabin sensor where it goes like on the jdm trim. oh and excuse my messy project car! lol...
thats so ballin ronnie, sorry u couldnt pick up my clip. over all ur dcc swap is looking good. i plan to do the swap too but im having trouble. u think u could help me out? lmk.

sileightyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:51 PM   #50
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Ok let's bring this back up to the top. I thought I was golden when I finished everything but I guess not. Installed the DCC with all sensors required and door actuator with linkage. Unit powers up and cycles through all modes visually no problems minus some burned out bulbs. Hot/Cold actuator moves, or at least I thought it was moving when I put my hand under the heatercore. Blower motor does not work at all with fan selection. I have the JDM blower motor speed control but USDM thermostat control amp.

When I enter diagnostic mode:

**--** TEST 3, codes (31) (32) (34) (35) (36) see below
**--** TEST 4, the actuator doesn't move when cycling through the vents. It worked before, I haven't messed with that part of the harness and now it doesn't work.

Here are pictures of each step of wiring I did according to driftenthusiast's writeup.

This is my first step. Red wire is for "Constant +12v power" to DCC harness. Blue wire is for "Ignition on +12v power". All wires have either been de-pinned and soldered or re-pinned.

Quote:
2.) Ignition on +12v power. This wire is Blue/Red stripe and is on the small 6 wire connector on the JDM DCC harness. I spliced it into a blue wire on the USDM Radio connector on the dash harness that has power with the ignition on.

Quote:
3.) Ignition on +12v power. This wire is the Green/white stripe on the small 6 wire connector. This wire can be disconnected at the 6 wire connector and re-pinned into the large 16 pin connector within an empty spot. This spot has ignition on +12v that is already run the the USDM dash side so all you have to do is plug it in and it will work, no soldering.

Quote:
4.) Ground wire. This is the last wire you have to run. On the USDM side of the 16pin climate control connector there is a Red/orange stripe wire that needs to be grounded. I cut the wire a few inches from the connector and attached a ground eyehook and bolted it to the dash frame.

Here I have left the JDM relay attached to digital control harness and removed USDM relay.

Last edited by Jtuned_andy; 05-03-2008 at 05:07 PM..
Jtuned_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #51
rongfk
Zilvia Addict

im not sure if it matters or not, but put the u.s. fan relay back in. i didnt take mine out and it works fine.

Old 05-04-2008, 03:18 AM   #52
Ragnarok043
Zilvia Member

Ragnarok043 is making a name for him/her selfRagnarok043 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
im not sure if it matters or not, but put the u.s. fan relay back in. i didnt take mine out and it works fine.
ditto, i left it alone and the climate control works fine.
Ragnarok043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 08:33 AM   #53
Jtuned_andy
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (27)
Jtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud ofJtuned_andy has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
+ Rep for Rong and Ragna, swapped in the old UDSM relay and removed the JDM relay and everything works great! Actuator is cycling through the vents and fan turns on, thanks for the advice guys!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #54
bam698795
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
bam698795 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
awesome write up! is there anyway you can just connect the jdm dcc head/display unit up to the original stuff?
bam698795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #55
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bam698795 View Post
awesome write up! is there anyway you can just connect the jdm dcc head/display unit up to the original stuff?
Plugs match but wiring does not.

It would probably not power up...if it did..might fry something or BLOW Wide open w/ no fan speed adjustment.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:50 PM   #56
brn2slid
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
brn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choicesbrn2slid has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtuned_andy View Post
+ Rep for Rong and Ragna, swapped in the old UDSM relay and removed the JDM relay and everything works great! Actuator is cycling through the vents and fan turns on, thanks for the advice guys!
i left the factory one on from the get go.. the relay plug on the harness is just extra.. i tucked it back and didnt even worry about it.. but now i think i blend motor died on me... constant cold air...
brn2slid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:55 PM   #57
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

I bought an extra blend door Motor w/ Linkage Just in case for that very reason.

Mine works fine but ya never know.
Old 06-17-2008, 12:43 AM   #58
newborn240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
newborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymorenewborn240 is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to newborn240
hey is this complete? like all sensors, wirings, etc? it says its all complete but who knows. i dont know thats why im asking. and is it worth'd?(look at the price)
http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=640748
newborn240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:17 AM   #59
rongfk
Zilvia Addict

215 is perty steep, but it is complete. if you can find the unit, harness, and blend door for cheep. i have everything else for $60 shipped.

Old 06-17-2008, 08:55 AM   #60
MrFairlady
Nissanaholic!

yep...seems complete.

I swear That guy has upped his priceing.It use to be cheaper.I think he sells stuff seperate also.
Has some nice items and some are pretty cheap like the "brick" headlights etc.

yeah get what you can off ebay and get the rest from RongFK.He hooked me up w/ a few sensors.