Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 01-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
miracosta
BANNED

Trader Rating: (1)
miracosta is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
97+98 240sx SE and LE?

k what is difference between SE and LE for koukis 97+? Reading on wikipedia it said The base model had 4 lug 15-inch wheels, a softer suspension, and no rear sway bar. SE and LE models came equipped with 16-inch, 5-lug alloy wheels, a stiffer suspension versus the base model, and a rear sway bar all standard on the SE. The LE was equipped with leather seats, keyless entry, an antitheft system, and a CD player. Antilock brakes and a viscous limited-slip differential came as an optional package to the SE model. Yet when i look on autotrader, etc, i see 240sx that are LE with cloth seats instead of the leather they talk about...... also is the base on koukis manual windows??? If anyone has a link that lists everything for base, se, and le, that would be greatly appreciated thanks
miracosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 11:03 PM   #2
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Every S14 is electric windows. Only thing that makes a LE a LE is the Leather really.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #3
xtreme_s14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
xtreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond reputextreme_s14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to xtreme_s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Every S14 is electric windows. Only thing that makes a LE a LE is the Leather really.
not necessarily true.. i had a full blown SE model with leather interior. i questioned it too, but it appears i was not the only one fortunate enough to have had such luxurious seats =| i was under the impression that the LE model was a step up from the base model with the exception of 5 lug?
Old 01-29-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
miracosta
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme_s14 View Post
not necessarily true.. i had a full blown SE model with leather interior. i questioned it too, but it appears i was not the only one fortunate enough to have had such luxurious seats =| i was under the impression that the LE model was a step up from the base model with the exception of 5 lug?
exactly, unless theres a legit documented article with facts on it...such as SE comes optional leather seats.... ive seen too many cars with like leather when theyre not supposed to have it...or just cloth without leather!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:31 AM   #5
KA240SX808
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
KA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enoughKA240SX808 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Send a message via AIM to KA240SX808 Send a message via MSN to KA240SX808
There's brochures on eBay for cheap...
* PigNose SMIC Grille/Vent P# 62697-44F00 *
LMK What you guys got
KA240SX808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:45 AM   #6
fliprayzin240sx
Man w/ CTSV & a Car Seat

Trader Rating: (19)
fliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfectionfliprayzin240sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Send a message via AIM to fliprayzin240sx
LE pretty much has everything on the catalog thats optional on the SEs. Base model can also get some of the stuff on the catalog. We've seen base model 4-luggers with ABS and VLSD.

If you think Zilvia has too many assholes...
CLICK HERE!!!
fliprayzin240sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:04 AM   #7
revat619
Retired General

Trader Rating: (7)
revat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfectionrevat619 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
LE's had everything an SE had plus any other available option and a cream color leather interior. Oh an gold emblems and the wood trim interior panels.
Instagram: @rjsladerade
revat619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 06:21 AM   #8
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ahh but my SE came with Gold Emblems and Gold inserts on the center caps of the Chrome Factory Wheels.
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:49 AM   #9
$nicklefritz
Leaky Injector

$nicklefritz is an unknown quantity at this point
de, le, se ......ive found found combos that dont have any relation to
the badging .. for example 97 le kouki evry thing sunroof .... but 4 lug
go figure
$nicklefritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
nzmoman
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
nzmoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
my LE came with leather, sunroof, VSLD, 5 lug.

I have not seen a factory LE with the upgraded sound system, or with ABS. Has anyone?

Also, in 10-12 years a lot of people have made their own little changes by adding leather to their SE or adding 5 lug and a VSLD to their base. Does anyone know which part of the VIN verifies the model to be either LE or SE or base.
nzmoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:52 AM   #11
S14DB
AFC #1

S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme_s14 View Post
I'm not saying that Only LE's came leather. I have seen base models with leather. I was saying that all LE's came with leather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revat619 View Post
LE's had everything an SE had plus any other available option and a cream color leather interior. Oh an gold emblems and the wood trim interior panels.
What about Titanium Gray Metallic Leather? I thought the Wood Grain and the Gold Kit were dealer installed options?
Quote:
Originally Posted by $nicklefritz View Post
de, le, se ......ive found found combos that dont have any relation to
the badging .. for example 97 le kouki evry thing sunroof .... but 4 lug
go figure

Only things that are on all SE/LE chassis is the 5-Lug and the Headlight(Fog)/Wiper(adjustable) stalks. Everything else can be added/removed as options when the car was built. Save for some early 97's, Kouki's were the end of production. So anything and everything left on the shelf's was thrown on cars. A lot of base models came with weird(SE/LE only) options. Packages were broken cause they ran out of one item. Extra package only items were put solo on cars. Most Kouki's were just a random assembly of parts. You can check to see if it is a SE/LE chassis by the model number on the build plate. S13's are a lot easier to check their trim. Late model S14's are just a clusterfuck. Some 96 build dates kept to their trim and options. but 97-98 build dates get crazier options as the time went on.

Every s14 is labeled SE/LE by carfax cause there is no way to check by the vin. so the dealer may be going by that.

I would assume everything is a Base and then add value to the car by what options it actually has. Cause other then the chassis being a Base or a LE/SE, there is no other rule. Other then the note of pedigree almost everything can be added/removed. The only thing that would be a major PITA to even consider adding is ABS.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:59 AM   #12
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
I had a 98 LE no sunroof, no abs, no vlsd. but i had wood interior, cream seats, gold emblems and 5 lug
VROOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:12 AM   #13
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (12)
projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
How many times do we have to go over this?

Wood trim and gold emblems were never OE. Never. Dealer installed only. Leather was an OE option on SEs, standard on LEs, but it was 'titanium' (cream) on Kouki models. If the leather in a Kouki is black it's not OE, or if it's pleated/gathered it's not OE, the OE leather is flat panel. Sunroof was standard on LEs, optional on SEs. ABS/VLSD was an option on both too. The only thing to really look for besides leather is the LE models came with the double DIN AM/FM cassette and CD headunit. SEs got the base cassette radio only on Koukis.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
projectRDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #14
98koukile
Zilvia Addict

98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough98koukile will become famous soon enough
dealers also added badges cuz they're retards and sold them as le mine had the 'premium' sound which was good for factory in the 90s, russ hit the nail on the head, as always
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 AM   #15
S14DB
AFC #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
How many times do we have to go over this?

Wood trim and gold emblems were never OE. Never. Dealer installed only. Leather was an OE option on SEs, standard on LEs, but it was 'titanium' (cream) on Kouki models. If the leather in a Kouki is black it's not OE, or if it's pleated/gathered it's not OE, the OE leather is flat panel. Sunroof was standard on LEs, optional on SEs. ABS/VLSD was an option on both too. The only thing to really look for besides leather is the LE models came with the double DIN AM/FM cassette and CD headunit. SEs got the base cassette radio only on Koukis.
Titanium is a dark grey not a cream color.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:58 PM   #16
projectRDM
Post Whore!

projectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfectionprojectRDM is close to perfection
Quote:
Titanium is a dark grey not a cream color.
It's called titanium, but it's a lighter color than what we'd consider it to be.

Learn what's really going on and protect your assets now before they're gone forever: www.paypalsucks.com
Old 01-29-2009, 03:12 PM   #17
VROOOM
Post Whore!

VROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfectionVROOOM is close to perfection
Titanium interior
Old 01-29-2009, 03:29 PM   #18
S14DB
AFC #1

Then what is the Dark Grey Leather in S14's?
Old 01-29-2009, 03:38 PM   #19
PITCH
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
PITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to beholdPITCH is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
In canadian models didnt all SE/LE come with VLSD?
Old 01-29-2009, 04:03 PM   #20
INeedNewTires
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
INeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond reputeINeedNewTires has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
okay weird, my kouki is an original 97 w/ no moon roof, no rear sway, but has 5lug and black leather seats, AND black leather door panels. non adjustable steering column, but has fog lights and fog light switch (which doesnt work, fogs are hardwired) and started life as an auto.

Now i'm not the original owner so cant 100% know what has been swapped, but the leather looks factory and even the door panels are black leather (not peeled off carpet exposing 'leather' lookin shit, like s13 owners love to do)

Make sense of that for me?

Doesn't this look like factory leather

Old 01-29-2009, 05:05 PM   #21
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to timlush
Most likely the previous owner swapped in the seats and door panels.
timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:32 PM   #22
The Chad
Zilvia Addict

The Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really niceThe Chad is just really nice
I had the double DIN Cassette and CD in my SE Zenki too...doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason behind this randomness
The Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 PM   #23
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Then what is the Dark Grey Leather in S14's?
No such thing. Only black in the Zenkis, titanium in Koukis. I had all four years of the dealer brochures, there never was any other color offered in leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INeedNewTires View Post
okay weird, my kouki is an original 97 w/ no moon roof, no rear sway, but has 5lug and black leather seats, AND black leather door panels. non adjustable steering column, but has fog lights and fog light switch (which doesnt work, fogs are hardwired) and started life as an auto.

Now i'm not the original owner so cant 100% know what has been swapped, but the leather looks factory and even the door panels are black leather (not peeled off carpet exposing 'leather' lookin shit, like s13 owners love to do)

Make sense of that for me?

Doesn't this look like factory leather

Nope. Aftermarket. The leather interior cars have alcantara on the door panels, not leather. I sat in over a dozen new 95/96s when they were first on the lots and studied them well. I also have a pair of the panels in my car that I bought brand new from the dealer. They're impossible to find used in decent condition.
Those seats aren't OE either, they're pleated. The OE leather seats have completely flat panels on the bottom cushion and only two full length pleats on the backrest. The backseat doesn't have any pleats at all. I had a set for a long time I should have taken pictures of.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:17 AM   #24
VROOOM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectRDM View Post
No such thing. Only black in the Zenkis, titanium in Koukis. I had all four years of the dealer brochures, there never was any other color offered in leather.

Nope. Aftermarket. The leather interior cars have alcantara on the door panels, not leather. I sat in over a dozen new 95/96s when they were first on the lots and studied them well. I also have a pair of the panels in my car that I bought brand new from the dealer. They're impossible to find used in decent condition.
Those seats aren't OE either, they're pleated. The OE leather seats have completely flat panels on the bottom cushion and only two full length pleats on the backrest. The backseat doesn't have any pleats at all. I had a set for a long time I should have taken pictures of.
those seats look just like the factory ones from the titanium picture and my car with the titianium leather never had alcantra door inserts.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:19 AM   #25
noodl35
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
noodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura aboutnoodl35 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Send a message via AIM to noodl35
My first zenki 240sx SE had black leather seats, abs, and vlsd. My current 98 240sx LE has the cream leather, no abs, no vlsd, sunroof, and the double din casette/cd player.
noodl35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #26
miracosta
BANNED

anyone care to explain why this LE has cloth interior? Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com
Old 01-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #27
S14DB
AFC #1

That's a BASE chassis.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #28
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miracosta View Post
anyone care to explain why this LE has cloth interior? Cars For Sale: Car Details - AutoTrader.com
As said, it's a base model. There's no foglights, sideskirts, or 5lug wheels, which were standard on the LE as well as SE.

Old 01-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #29
second_chanceS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (19)
second_chanceS14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
i have a zenki SE with black leather interior, fogs, 5lug, ABS,no sunroof, and the front bumper lip not sure about the vlsd and my tach gauges are white and black. My friend has a 97' kouki LE black cloth interior,sunroof,had fogs but they were removed,5lug,no ABS and he has same gauges in the tach like me....the green kouki on the autotrder reminds me of my friends zenki base model, has same balck tach gauges too. I think what s14DB said might be true where koukis just got what was left. whatever a 14 is still a 14.
second_chanceS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 02:08 AM   #30
projectRDM
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by second_chanceS14 View Post
i have a zenki SE with black leather interior, fogs, 5lug, ABS,no sunroof, and the front bumper lip not sure about the vlsd and my tach gauges are white and black. My friend has a 97' kouki LE black cloth interior,sunroof,had fogs but they were removed,5lug,no ABS and he has same gauges in the tach like me....the green kouki on the autotrder reminds me of my friends zenki base model, has same balck tach gauges too. I think what s14DB said might be true where koukis just got what was left. whatever a 14 is still a 14.
And your point is? Nothing in that means anything, you have an SE without roof but with leather and ABS. Your friend has an SE with roof. Sunroof was optional on both base and SE, so was leather. You're not discussing anything new here.