Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 10:55 AM   #1
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Nissan's 86/BRZ Successor: Silvia ?

http://lrnc.cc/_ct/16983307

DATSMO Facebook page posted this.
I'll leave you with the same comment I left them:

In the words of Fox Mulder: "I want to believe."

Translated into English:

Every time Tsu, is Glico. A little surprised today! Let me introduce the information. Nissan is the development of a new coupe of Sylvia size, it seems to have finally resumed.

Do you remember that in 2013 of Tokyo has been exhibited in the motor show called "iDx" coupe concept car? At the time, I was moving towards the commercial, development is that there is a low priority for commercialization in 2014 is frozen, the project team was virtually disbanded state. It is, along with the development resumption of the new Fairlady Z, which was announced the other day, it seems here also became a development resume in the new members. Moreover, Toka in Tokyo Motor Show of 2017 has been determined to be exhibited concept car close to the commercial as possible. Because the information from a reliable source, the possibility is probably pretty high.

But it does not seem to be a crunchy sports coupe, to become the de facto, brother car the next Fairlady Z, the potential is quite high likely. By the way, it is called 2ℓ straight 4 turbo engine which employs the world's first technology that variable compression ratio is mounted on the highest grade.

Such as the exterior design at the present stage is unknown, but will no doubt be a relatively compact body. Really, to come out in next year's Tokyo Motor Show will What kind of car, I will exciting from now!

2 + 2 to be a sporty coupe is a mistake that seems.

Last edited by dizzariot; 08-03-2016 at 12:34 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2016, 12:00 PM   #2
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Old 08-03-2016, 12:03 PM   #3
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
would be neat.

not holding my breath.

if they can't get it together to produce an iDx, I can't see how they could manage a rwd sports coupe. Instead we'll probably get a convertible juke, and another Altima coupe.

*daydreaming* would be rad if they used their newly acquired stake in Mitsubishi to utilize a 4b11 in rwd config, in a 2dr rwd sport coupe

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:11 PM   #4
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
would be neat.

not holding my breath.

if they can't get it together to produce an iDx, I can't see how they could manage a rwd sports coupe. Instead we'll probably get a convertible juke, and another Altima coupe.

*daydreaming* would be rad if they used their newly acquired stake in Mitsubishi to utilize a 4b11 in rwd config, in a 2dr rwd sport coupe
so you want a hyundai genesis
Old 08-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #5
simmode1
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
so you want a hyundai genesis

Reposted this in the Future RWD 240sx/coupe thread to increase attention.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:25 PM   #6
brndck
Premium Member

brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
lol, RIP genesis.
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...-not-imminent/

I would like a Nissan genesis, but about 800lb lighter.
theres a dude here in socal with an s13 coupe, mild tuned 4g63 in it, and its a beast of a car. why Nissan can't/won't engineer something comparable to the proven 4g63 (which is decades old) is beyond me.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2016, 12:29 PM   #7
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Updated with the translated article. There's a little bit of iDX name-dropping.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:31 PM   #8
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
oooo 4g63 s chassis sounds FUN.

LOL @ genesis.

I just hope they keep something RWD and not lame. they'd seriously do WORK if they make a new S16, rwd single turbo. deeeestroy the FT86.

I'm still also worried about the next gen Z chassis too. :/
Old 08-03-2016, 12:33 PM   #9
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
^^^The 86 is already destroyed/dead pretty much. Look at it's sales... lol... Couldn't save Scion from the chopping block.

Quote:
Yaasss... pave the way for the GT4 Stinger.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #10
dizzariot
Post Whore!

I think the FRS just gotta an accelerated version of the same AIDS the 240SX had. I owned an FRS and they're awesome little cars. Hard to justify the 'new' price but scooping a low-mileage used one would be the next best thing if you're 'done' with the s-chassis.
Old 08-03-2016, 01:01 PM   #11
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
If this was built and made it to market as an 86/brz competitor, and it utilized a 4cyl turbo engine as the report seems to state combined with a decent chassis and rwd, what I would be most excited to see is it force Toyota's hand in making the 86 competitive with the (s16?) and reviving the cheap sports coupe market.

I do admit this is a complete longshot.

Speculation is fun
Old 08-03-2016, 01:20 PM   #12
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
its click bait... this project is dead. if it were happening, i wouldve known by now via my source at Nissan.

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 08-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #13
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
If this was built and made it to market as an 86/brz competitor, and it utilized a 4cyl turbo engine as the report seems to state combined with a decent chassis and rwd, what I would be most excited to see is it force Toyota's hand in making the 86 competitive with the (s16?) and reviving the cheap sports coupe market.

I do admit this is a complete longshot.

Speculation is fun
Here's a totally out-of-my-ass statement with no facts behind it. Par for the course on Ziiva:

Nissan cars suck. If they suck as much as I think they do they need to do something to boost sales. Releasing a new Silvia alongside the new Z would be a great way to get asses in seats and sales up.

...or...

People actually like all of Nissan's ugly fucking cars. Their sales are doing well enough to allow for the continuation of the 'small sports car' project they started with the iDX.

I believe it more this time around. I never bought into the iDX thing even when they were taking the prototypes to Cars & Coffee. Now seems like a good time to believe.

Like I said, I really want to believe in it.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:50 PM   #14
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorkidori_s13 View Post
its click bait... this project is dead. if it were happening, i wouldve known by now via my source at Nissan.
LOL Mr big shot.....tell us again. I guess future rwd thread wasn't enough for that post...autographs later?
Old 08-03-2016, 03:43 PM   #15
chris_240sx
Zilvia Junkie

chris_240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Nissan has gotten everyone's hopes up too many times before; I don't believe it.
Old 08-03-2016, 10:17 PM   #16
bataangpinoy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
bataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymorebataangpinoy is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
The auto sales industry is very slow right now guys. Even if Nissan were to develop a new RWD platform, there's no way in fuck its entering the US market. Scion tanked, the GT86 is struggling... and they're not gonna sway consumers looking at the BMW 1 or 2 series..
Old 08-03-2016, 10:22 PM   #17
claaasssiiiccc21
Leaky Injector

claaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura aboutclaaasssiiiccc21 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_240sx View Post
Nissan has gotten everyone's hopes up too many times before; I don't believe it.
QFT Exactly, Nismo is too wrapped up in the R35 now to be spending any resources on an S16 platform. Seems as if Nismo has to be involved in order to get the ball rolling on any performance based Nissan.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:15 AM   #18
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

d9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really niced9m13n is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
Here's a totally out-of-my-ass statement with no facts behind it. Par for the course on Ziiva:

Nissan cars suck. If they suck as much as I think they do they need to do something to boost sales. Releasing a new Silvia alongside the new Z would be a great way to get asses in seats and sales up.

...or...

People actually like all of Nissan's ugly fucking cars. Their sales are doing well enough to allow for the continuation of the 'small sports car' project they started with the iDX.

I believe it more this time around. I never bought into the iDX thing even when they were taking the prototypes to Cars & Coffee. Now seems like a good time to believe.

Like I said, I really want to believe in it.
unfortunately, I think its the latter, sans the continuation of the sports car project part. I have non car person friends who actually think the new generation maxima looks attractive, and there are enough Jukes on my daily commute to make me think the whole world needs corrective lenses. Even though Nissan seems to be doing okay, I dont see any sort of new s-chassis on the horizon anytime soon.

Question for those of you more knowledgeable of Nissan's current global lineup than me, is there even any platform currently in use that a small sports car could exist on?
Old 08-04-2016, 01:52 AM   #19
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I really haven't liked anything from Nissan since the late 90s. Never have been a big fan of the 350/370z or the g35. Kinda on the fence about the g37 or q whatever the fuck it is now. No opinion on the gtr as I'll never have the cash to own one.
My whole family drive nissans. Dad has a frontier, mom drives an xterra, brother has a maxima, and his wife has a rogue. Not car people really.
Old 08-04-2016, 06:27 AM   #20
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Old 08-04-2016, 06:27 AM   #21
STR8 H8N
BANNED

Old 08-04-2016, 07:42 AM   #22
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d9m13n View Post
Question for those of you more knowledgeable of Nissan's current global lineup than me, is there even any platform currently in use that a small sports car could exist on?
pretty sure the Q60 is the closest thing coming down the pipeline

[IMG]http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2015/11/2017-Infiniti-Q60-Spied-Front-Look.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around%7C660%3A438&crop=660%3A438%3B*%2C*[/IMG]

not terrible or anything, but not exactly S16 material either
http://jalopnik.com/the-2017-infinit...oup-1752263989
400hp v6tt? somehow they aren't worried about THIS undercutting 370z sales???

Quote:
Old 08-04-2016, 09:16 AM   #23
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Quote:
That's stupid. Just because your source at Nissan doesn't know anything yet, doesn't mean anything isn't happening. Unless your "source" is extremely high up on the totem pole - this means working at the coorporate level, not just some dealership - he won't know any information until there's an official release from Nissan.

Manufacturers are pretty good about keeping upcoming projects pretty hush hush until it's time to reveal. If a bunch of people already know about it, it's because said manufacturer likely wants them to know.

That being said, until there is an official statement from somebody (who matters) that works for Nissan, everything said is just speculation.

I won't be surprised if this concept never makes it production, honestly. We shall see, though.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:42 AM   #24
tlieberman240
Leaky Injector

tlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud oftlieberman240 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bataangpinoy View Post
The auto sales industry is very slow right now guys. Even if Nissan were to develop a new RWD platform, there's no way in fuck its entering the US market. Scion tanked, the GT86 is struggling... and they're not gonna sway consumers looking at the BMW 1 or 2 series..
Agree with the first part; second part I'm not so sure. We only get the 2 series here in the US, for starters. Secondly, the price point is a big factor. A 228i (to become the 230i for 2017) which is extremely bland, is 33k starting. The M235i (to become the 240i for 2017), is 45k starting.

If Nissan were to bring this car out to compete with the FRS/BRZ, the price would be similar as well, meaning 25-28k. Those who want the BMW will buy it for the refinement and luxury, or for the BMW name. People spend 100k for a Nissan GTR, when they could also spend 100k for an M5 or a 7 series. It comes down to the invididual client and what specific wants/needs they have from a vehicle.

If this car from Nissan really does come out, I can tell you exactly how it's going to go: It'll be the hottest thing out for about a year. The kids who can't afford it will bitch about how it needs more power or how it could be better in some way, even though they will have never driven it. Every second rate car reviewer with a youtube channel will make a car review on it. There will be rocket bunny available for it like 2 weeks after it hits dealer lots, and people will be throwing BC coilovers and xxr/rota/miro/varrstoen wheels on it like crazy. People will come up with new hashtags to get maximum likes and follows. People will stop really giving a shit about it after a year or two, and talk about how it's not relevant until it gets more power.
Old 08-04-2016, 12:47 PM   #25
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
I think the FRS just gotta an accelerated version of the same AIDS the 240SX had. I owned an FRS and they're awesome little cars. Hard to justify the 'new' price but scooping a low-mileage used one would be the next best thing if you're 'done' with the s-chassis.
I can't wait till they are sub-10K. Stuff a turbo BEAMs in that bitch and braap to my hearts content. Fuck you Toyota, if you won't build it, we will.

Quote:

The reality is that the people who want a sub-30K 2+2 sports coupe, generally can't afford one. The reason they are not worried about undercutting the 370Z is because the 370 in Nissan's eyes IS their bargain bin sports coupe. They are not concerned with appeasing the peasants. The Q60 will be priced above it.

All the peasants get is shitty multi-use (ie: versatile but does nothing particularly well) mini-crossovers and hatchbacks. You know why? Because generally that's what peasants buy. Most people out there with only 25K to blow are going to try and get the most bang for their buck. Not a sporty coupe that only impresses teenagers.

We exist in this echo-chamber because we are still teenagers at heart when it comes to these cars. I'd love to see Toyota and Nissan duke it out in a 2+2 affordable sports car "race" but it just isn't going to happen. The best we have to hope for is for Mazda to keep shitting on everyone with the Miata, and prey one of these other companies gets hungry for a piece of that pie.

Until then, in terms of cars newer then 2000, this is what we have to work with.

Miata
FRS/BRZ
BMW 1/2/3
Mustangs
Gen Coupe
Z Chassis
G Chassis
s2000

Possibly for the rest of eternity barring some fucking miracle.

I place no faith in this article. The iDx was already at cars and coffee, Jay Lenos garage, multiple other media outlets, and THEY STILL SHIT CANNED IT. Obviously someone at Nissan was willing to stick his neck out to take it that far, but the bean counters just couldn't make it work.

Last edited by LockOn!; 08-04-2016 at 03:23 PM..
Old 08-04-2016, 12:53 PM   #26
STR8 H8N
BANNED

Quote:

[IMG]http://st.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2015/11/2017-Infiniti-Q60-Spied-Front-Look.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&fit=around%7C660%3A438&crop=660%3A438%3B*%2C*[/IMG]

http://jalopnik.com/the-2017-infinit...oup-1752263989
duh

you can already reserve it

http://www.infinitiusa.com/coupe/2017-q60/
Old 08-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #27
dorkidori_s13
ITS LISA'S FAULT!!!

Trader Rating: (41)
dorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfectiondorkidori_s13 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 41 reviews
$40,000 + no available manual option, ever.

no thanks!

Check out my IG for what I'm up to! DORKIDORI INSTAGRAM!!!
Old 08-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #28
brndck
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
duh

you can already reserve it
yes, that's EXACTLY why I said "coming down the pipeline"

Quote:
$40,000 + no available manual option, ever.

no thanks!
eh, I'm sure someone will have an adapter plate to bolt a cd009 to it pretty quick.

I just hope its not already at the upper edge of its tune, and has room for aftermarket engine modification.

Quote:
Old 08-05-2016, 12:17 AM   #29
d9m13n
Zilvia Junkie

I wish automakers would just say fuck it and produce cheap enthusiast cars again.
Just for the hell of it.
The industry is going to become electric/hydrogen/solar/wind/magic power and autonomous centric in the next decade or so anyways, so id love to see them just say fuck the bean counters and give the ICE a nice bang on its way out.

Never gonna happen
Old 08-05-2016, 12:35 AM   #30
rawgarage
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (75)
rawgarage is making a name for him/her selfrawgarage is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 75 reviews
Q60 coupe already letting me down....
Closed Thread