Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-14-2007, 07:19 PM   #301
Hooorahh!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
Hooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Hooorahh! Send a message via Yahoo to Hooorahh!
i want a hella flush approved stamp !!!!!!!!

k i know its not hella flush so i want it to be help me !!!!!! how can i drop the front w/o it rubbing when i turn ... ?
or drop the rear more and not rub when i have someone in the back seats? help !!! i know its possible im just an idiot ! and im gonna drop it this friday but i wanna do it right to the point were i can almost slam it and not have rubbing issues any advise?
F 18x9 +7
R 18x10 -3
fronts are cambered the most i possibly can on tien HE's
Hooorahh! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #302
pr0ject TRUENO
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
pr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfectionpr0ject TRUENO is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to pr0ject TRUENO
^^

what are you rubbing on

http://www.norcaldrift.org
pr0ject TRUENO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #303
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via AIM to TheSquidd
Step 1. Clean your wheel wells.
Step 2. Lower your car.
Step 3. Drive around, hard driving, do a donut or something, rub those tires.
Step 4. Jack up the front and see where the rubbing is occuring.
Step 5. Grab a BFH (Big Fucking Hammer) and start pounding.
Step 6. Repeat, clean, drive, rub, hammer. Until rubbing stops happening.

If you're rubbing the fender on hard turns, GOOD. That means you're flush.

If you're rubbing wheel wells, just hammer away until it stops. Keep an eye on your seams make sure you don't crack anything and you should be good.
TheSquidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #304
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slip&Sliden 240 View Post
Rears will get a 30mm widebody and spacers to fit.

ahhh? why would you want to do that?! those rear fenders look fucking awesome! spend the money that you would have spent on overfenders to fill the dent and get front wide fenders.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #305
timlush
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
timlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to beholdtimlush is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to timlush
My old car:

17X9 +15
17X10 +12

timlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:21 PM   #306
Hooorahh!
Zilvia FREAK!

Hooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfectionHooorahh! is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0ject TRUENO View Post
^^

what are you rubbing on
fuck my car is so high it doesnt rub at all but im going to be dropping it this week low reall low so i knw its gonna rub and i dont wanna fuck up my fenders sooo yeah
Old 11-14-2007, 08:39 PM   #307
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

TheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfectionTheSquidd is close to perfection
If you're really flush you won't fuck up your fenders. You'll rub them , but they won't get messed up. Do not fear the rubbing. It is your only ally.

Standard logic, take off your wheels, hammer in all the little tabs (use a heatgun if you're into that kind of thing.)
Old 11-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #308
Hooorahh!
Zilvia FREAK!

will do ill try that tomorrow after work
Old 11-14-2007, 08:46 PM   #309
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Yep, I did it on my car, protip use a rubber hammer and if you're really anal, repaint the wells when you're done.

I repainted mine, and I'm still rubbing, I need to hammer AGAIN.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:17 PM   #310
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Mine rub at full lock on the front of the wheel well. Any I deas on how to stop that with stiffing the suspension?
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #311
OptionZero
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
OptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfectionOptionZero is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to OptionZero
you dont solve it by stiffening the suspension
you solve it with a big hammer and/or fender roller

which is what people said just above
OptionZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 11:48 PM   #312
kevtrinh
Zilvia Junkie

kevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond reputekevtrinh has a reputation beyond repute
oh and relocate your wiring harness on driver side!!!!!
kevtrinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:02 AM   #313
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevtrinh View Post
oh and relocate your wiring harness on driver side!!!!!
AND THE HOOD RELEASE CABLE!

I relocated both (driver and pass.) Might as well.

Anywhere you see paint showing from rubbing, hit that shit with a hammer, as long as you're not breaking seams or the metal, smash away.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:22 AM   #314
CrimsonRockett
The Architect.

Trader Rating: (392)
CrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfectionCrimsonRockett is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 392 reviews
Only place I rub is the driver's side wheel well at full lock while turning right.

It's all nice and shiny under there.

Already relocated the harness after chewing through 3 cables.

Haha.

-Jspec-
Instagram/CrimsonRockett
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Generally you can eat my asshole.
CrimsonRockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:44 AM   #315
TheSquidd
Post Whore!

I remember it was raining one day, and my wipers didn't work.

I was like. FUCK.

So I kept messing with the stalk, eventually I just left it on in the hopes it would work occasionally.... thaaat's when my fender caught on fire.

Relocate your harnesses. Both of them.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:17 AM   #316
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
has anyone fit a something like this??? 18x11J-19 and 18x12-31
rims are
SSR Vienna's
I know its rediculously low offset, so dont think itll work, but if anyone has done it or seen, please let me know how wide fender necessary, i just got wide rear fender(30mm) but if necessary will mold in an over fender over that, would that work?(or look stupid)
I am about ready to get new wheels, and these are sexy as hell

Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 AM   #317
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
bn blister time.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:25 AM   #318
CKAMC
Post Whore!

CKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfectionCKAMC is close to perfection
i feel bad for the power steering pump that has to move those 11's
Old 11-15-2007, 07:58 AM   #319
axiomatik
Post Whore!

axiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfectionaxiomatik is close to perfection
didn't chmercer have 18x11s and 18x12s? don't remember the offsets though.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #320
nathancolston
BANNED

nathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura aboutnathancolston has a spectacular aura about
found theses pics on my buddys computer. not my car just thought it was sick!

nathancolston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:55 AM   #321
Bushido
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
Bushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfectionBushido is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

AME Shallen MX
18x10-5 215/35/18
20x10-9 235/30/20

holy awesome.
Old 11-15-2007, 10:57 AM   #322
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Haha that's Justin's car from ZT

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:27 AM   #323
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
ahaaa.. thanks, i tried asking him once , but he never replied, i thought it was something near that.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:35 AM   #324
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
you dont solve it by stiffening the suspension
you solve it with a big hammer and/or fender roller

which is what people said just above
I know. It doesnst rub on the fennder. Its in the wheel well. I dont really want to hammer that brecause it will show in the engine bay

...Or maybe I should stop being a bitch and do it
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Touge_Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:18 PM   #325
usdm180sx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
usdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfectionusdm180sx is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to usdm180sx Send a message via Yahoo to usdm180sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_Monster View Post
...Or maybe I should stop being a bitch and do it
You said it yourself.

usdm180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 12:57 PM   #326
nevaland9
Zilvia FREAK!

nevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfectionnevaland9 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to nevaland9
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathancolston View Post
found theses pics on my buddys computer. not my car just thought it was sick!

he wins.
msg
Old 11-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #327
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Just curious if any one has ever used over fenders, on top of the already modified wide rear fender?( any pics would help too)
Old 11-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #328
JesusFreakDrifter
Zilvia Addict

JesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud ofJesusFreakDrifter has much to be proud of
i've seen over flares on over fenders on 16x10 +offset diamond racing wheels but not sure what you are looking for specifically
JesusFreakDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #329
GabeS14
Post Whore!

I want to fit these wheels, and think i might need to go overfender over the wide fender, just curious is if it wil look stupid, or if done right can look cool, do you have pics of the over fenders?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel25 View Post
has anyone fit a something like this??? 18x11J-19 and 18x12-31
rims are
SSR Vienna's
I know its rediculously low offset, so dont think itll work, but if anyone has done it or seen, please let me know how wide fender necessary, i just got wide rear fender(30mm) but if necessary will mold in an over fender over that, would that work?(or look stupid)
I am about ready to get new wheels, and these are sexy as hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusFreakDrifter View Post
i've seen over flares on over fenders on 16x10 +offset diamond racing wheels but not sure what you are looking for specifically
Old 11-15-2007, 06:55 PM   #330
ms!3
Zilvia FREAK!

ms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfectionms!3 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to ms!3
Quote:
Originally Posted by axiomatik View Post
10&13 is what he told me. 10&12 were on the old mesh equips he had.
ms!3 is offline   Reply With Quote