Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat > LOUD NOISES

LOUD NOISES A place for political mudslinging, Pro/Anti legalization, gay marriage debate, Gun control rants, etc. If it's political, controversial, or hotly debated, it goes here. No regular Off-Topic stuff allowed. READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

Old 01-31-2014, 01:24 AM   #31
theronin
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Lol fyneyoungstunna has spoken. Tell me more about you being in a situation like that please. I have personal friends in corrections, I hear what they go through, hell we've even had a CO post in this thread. Nowadays it's cool to hate on cops and say fuck the police, but boy do you go running to them when the shit hits the fan.

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2014, 11:40 PM   #32
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
LOL @Theronin: Ill throw you a bone because you just assume.

My mom was a prison nurse in a max security in D.C.
My grandfather was a Pastor who spent a few days a week ministering in Jails and prisons around CO....YEAH dumbass...the state where they house the worse of the worse (see Canyon City)
I...ME...MYSELF, used to teach classes in a prison and a Jail in D.C. It was a High Risk but not a Max.
.....you just "Know people".
Please tell me where I said fuck the police? yeah, thats what I thought dickbag.

Now @ Falkon240: we can talk civil like, because I like YOU can see both sides here.
I say his reaction to reach should have been after he pushed the inmate away the first time. Hell I wouldn't raise an eyebrow if he had pulled his side arm and shot said inmate in the leg or something, Because YES, the inmate did pose a small threat. Now, the first slam should have never happened, and even in that statement it should have been a restraining move and not a move of aggression or violence like the CO made. That, is where he crossed the line of being held to higher standars. That inmate posed no threat to him past the point where we saw on the video, with the first push sending the guy flying across the room. That "fight" was decided right there.
I dont think the second slam was a panic reaction, not as a whole. I think it was a display of power.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:51 PM   #33
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I agree w/ ronin and falkon. ...

I will explain however....
As a public safety official for over 20 years, having worked in some of the HARDEST neighborhoods in 3 states I can assure you that
1. In a fight situation such as that, it is life or death...period.

2. You can NEVER judge the fighter by their size....I've seen many a 90 pound granny put the beat down on colleagues and several hard@** gangsters in tears after minor scuffles.

3. Having been put in the position to defend myself in the line of duty more times than I can count, I can assure you that regardless of the outcome it NEVER feels good or right...

@fynyoungstunna.... At some point.....oops, after reading your last post I was too quick to judge....however I do not agree with your rant a few pages back

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 02:23 AM   #34
theronin
Post Whore!

theronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfectiontheronin is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to theronin
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyneyoungstunna View Post
LOL @Theronin: Ill throw you a bone because you just assume.

My mom was a prison nurse in a max security in D.C.
My grandfather was a Pastor who spent a few days a week ministering in Jails and prisons around CO....YEAH dumbass...the state where they house the worse of the worse (see Canyon City)
I...ME...MYSELF, used to teach classes in a prison and a Jail in D.C. It was a High Risk but not a Max.
.....you just "Know people".
Please tell me where I said fuck the police? yeah, thats what I thought dickbag.

Now @ Falkon240: we can talk civil like, because I like YOU can see both sides here.
I say his reaction to reach should have been after he pushed the inmate away the first time. Hell I wouldn't raise an eyebrow if he had pulled his side arm and shot said inmate in the leg or something, Because YES, the inmate did pose a small threat. Now, the first slam should have never happened, and even in that statement it should have been a restraining move and not a move of aggression or violence like the CO made. That, is where he crossed the line of being held to higher standars. That inmate posed no threat to him past the point where we saw on the video, with the first push sending the guy flying across the room. That "fight" was decided right there.
I dont think the second slam was a panic reaction, not as a whole. I think it was a display of power.
I do however agree that the last slam was a display of power to the inmates not to fuck with him. All arguing aside what did you teach?

It just screams, "Hey, I'm a fucking Christmas Tree. What are you gonna do about it?"
theronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 08:20 AM   #35
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
It says voluntary manslaughter.. did it change to involuntary soon after?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #36
fyneyoungstunna
Zilvia Addict

fyneyoungstunna is an unknown quantity at this point
believe it or not I taught basic reading and art as an "incentive". This was in the early to mid 90's ( I was just 16)
At first it was forced on me for some trouble my friends got me into (I wasnt even there). After they fixed that mistake, I stayed on voluntarily.
The scary thing is that I learned more math and money management from the fools in jail than I did in school.

I think the manslaughter should stick. and he should go to prison. He was IS an authority, a POWER. He made the wrong choice. He chose to meet fire with fire. That should never happen unless your life is on the line. In the place he was in, he was relatively safe. Most "in and outers" will not risk a life term from a petty fight.
Most inmates that do end up fighting a guard or CO do so for a reason. There are usually things behind the curtain that are not seen.
You can sugar coat it all you want and make it sound like the CO was in a room with a bunch of "pit-bulls", but I know better.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:52 PM   #37
J3123MY
BANNED

Trader Rating: (2)
J3123MY is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by theronin View Post
Lol fyneyoungstunna has spoken. Tell me more about you being in a situation like that please. I have personal friends in corrections, I hear what they go through, hell we've even had a CO post in this thread. Nowadays it's cool to hate on cops and say fuck the police, but boy do you go running to them when the shit hits the fan.
I feel sorry for your so called "friends" . Talk about pigs on the bottom of the ladder. LOL. They must hate their lives.

LOL. I do not hate on cops because its cool... I hate them because I have seen what they can do to someone throughout history. Sure there are your good cops, but they are few and in between.

I have never called the police, and I will never go running to them. I can take care of myself and I do not have to pay tax money for someone to "protect" (opress) me.

Who can get here quicker when someone is robbing me. My glock 17 or some fat dirty pig eating donuts that doesn't give two shits about me and who definitely would not risk their life to protect mine?

I feel sorry for the people that do rely on the police and can not take care of themselves.

Do you know why people hate on cops? Because they are the organization that is responsible for the most pain and killings in society.

Remember the Red Guard.

Remember the Gestapo.

Remember the NKVD.

These are all your so called police.
J3123MY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #38
ayuaddict
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfectionayuaddict is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ayuaddict
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyneyoungstunna View Post
That should never happen unless your life is on the line. In the place he was in, he was relatively safe. Most "in and outers" will not risk a life term from a petty fight.
Most inmates that do end up fighting a guard or CO do so for a reason. There are usually things behind the curtain that are not seen.
You can sugar coat it all you want and make it sound like the CO was in a room with a bunch of "pit-bulls", but I know better.
Relatively and most are the key words here to me.

Fortunately I am not in the position to make any difference to the situation by forming an opinion on whether or not the officer's action was justified - so I will not, however if i was in the same position - i am sure that I would not make a decision based on probability.
ayuaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 01:26 AM   #39
TMW
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (6)
TMW is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Thought this thread died. Nice to see more input.

J3123MY, I kind of agree with what your saying, but my views aren't as extreme. Not all police officers are scum, lol.

Yuta, I can understand you saying if it had been you you wouldn't want to leave it up to chance, but I think the second time he threw the inmate to the ground was too much. I mean, the inmate was clearly unconscious and he picks him up and throws him into the concrete again.