Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 07-24-2017, 12:25 PM   #31
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sex_s14
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
It's not a precaution. I'm an American living in Japan and I had to get used to a RHD car. This country is made for RHD and I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that I had to get used to the new blind spots. I didn't bitch out and install a camera. There are plenty of USDM cars out in town as well and the Japanese adjust. If you're too fucking inept just quit while you're ahead.

Get peoples' post? Do you know how the forum works?

I don't go to car meets. I'm not in high school or looking for validation.

another useless post... sounds like you're mad at life. Cheer up and haha the highschool comment...funny because you're acting like it. Take your own advice... "quit while you're ahead."

2x post of useless shit thus far...please just stfu if you don't have anything worth reading.
240sex_s14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2017, 12:54 PM   #32
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiLLeR2001 View Post
I bought an RHD car just so I could convert it to LHD.
+1 I would hack up a R32\33\34 or S15 anyday lol..
Old 07-24-2017, 04:28 PM   #33
sean710
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
sean710 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Only downfall of RHD in rural areas is being asked if you deliver mail everyday.
sean710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 05:41 PM   #34
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self240sex_s14 is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
+1 I would hack up a R32\33\34 or S15 anyday lol..

I witness this on a daily with my friend my imports cars.. I shed a tear every time

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean710 View Post
Only downfall of RHD in rural areas is being asked if you deliver mail everyday.

HAHA, did my package come in Mr. Mail man
Old 07-24-2017, 10:41 PM   #35
da_crew10
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
da_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond reputeda_crew10 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
A lot of mailmen/women in Arkansas for the most part buy rhd jeeps and some other makes. They adapt just fine, I am sure you can as well.

Oh yeah,make sure you have a daily. Makes enjoying an old car stress free. Unless spending money stresses you.
da_crew10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:44 AM   #36
!Zar!
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection!Zar! is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Some realize that owning a car which was never released here can be a headache when it comes to sourcing certain parts.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:15 AM   #37
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
It took me maybe 3 days to adapt to RHD driving. Not very hard. Only thing that sucks is a left turn yield. The rest is basically the same.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:11 AM   #38
JrDarknes
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
JrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud ofJrDarknes has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliartRsX View Post
Why would you buy a RHD version with all the stupid little nuances when there is a LHD version that works just as well?

Never understood the idea of buying a RHD for the sake of buying a RHD vehicle. If you're going to do, buy one that is not available in the US.
I agree.

I can some what understand a s13 silvia or 180sx if you're too lazy to convert the front end or don't have the time/knowledge to swap engines.

Besides that, I honestly cannot see the point of having a RHD car when there are plenty of LHD cars readily available in the states.
JrDarknes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:54 AM   #39
Extreme Dimensions
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (9)
Extreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to beholdExtreme Dimensions is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I saw this thread and remembered Doug DeMuro's review of what it's like Daily Driving a RHD R32. If I can't go through the drive thru and people keep stopping to talk about their favorite FF movie scenes, I'd sell too.
https://youtu.be/5eFA3cwfR3E
Extreme Dimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:12 PM   #40
RalliartRsX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (32)
RalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfectionRalliartRsX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
RHD keeps me gouging on Big Macs, so it acts as a dietary control I guess.......
RalliartRsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:47 PM   #41
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I've been debating with myself on grabbing an r33...eventually. I'm not worried about drive thru drama, I don't eat fast food. But, how much of a pain in the ass would a rhd car be for someone blind in their right eye? Been driving for 23 years and it hasn't been much of an issue, except for the whole no depth perception thing.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:24 PM   #42
KAT-PWR
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (11)
KAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really niceKAT-PWR is just really nice
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchmeat View Post
I've been debating with myself on grabbing an r33...eventually. I'm not worried about drive thru drama, I don't eat fast food. But, how much of a pain in the ass would a rhd car be for someone blind in their right eye? Been driving for 23 years and it hasn't been much of an issue, except for the whole no depth perception thing.

Heavily depends on where you live.

Making left hand turns across traffic in any area that is slightly urbanized with shrubs in the median is terrifying.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:36 PM   #43
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I already have issues with multi lane left turns. Shit freaks me out. Doesn't help when you blind spot is the entire right side of the car. I mostly drive interstate and where I live isn't too bad. Probably won't stop me from owning the car though.

lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #44
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
I agree.

I can some what understand a s13 silvia or 180sx if you're too lazy to convert the front end or don't have the time/knowledge to swap engines.

Besides that, I honestly cannot see the point of having a RHD car when there are plenty of LHD cars readily available in the states.

I see a LHD 93 rx7 for 12k / needs body work / new interior / has 187k on chassis and 43k on rebuild engine. / oh needs new paint as majority of the body paint is mix matched colors.

my buddy is going to sell me a rx7 for 12k from japan. healthy engine, factory color, paint is in mint condition and interior is stock also engine is stock. Roughly 40k miles.

I mean 12k with paperwork and all what I mentioned above is a steal if you ask me. only thing its RHD instead of LHD.

He also has a few Silvia K's/Q's/J's for sale for around $3,500-4,500 with paperwork. If you ask me its a win/win.
Old 07-25-2017, 04:53 PM   #45
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
there are plenty of FDs around that you can find in the 10k range. don't use one bad example to deter you.

also keep in mind the cost of shipping and the headache of getting registered in CA (which is still a grey area, no?). the RHD FD is not 12k out the door.

also remember this is zilvia, some people change cars like they change socks.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #46
silviamang
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
silviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her selfsilviamang is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sex_s14 View Post
I see a LHD 93 rx7 for 12k / needs body work / new interior / has 187k on chassis and 43k on rebuild engine. / oh needs new paint as majority of the body paint is mix matched colors.

my buddy is going to sell me a rx7 for 12k from japan. healthy engine, factory color, paint is in mint condition and interior is stock also engine is stock. Roughly 40k miles.

I mean 12k with paperwork and all what I mentioned above is a steal if you ask me. only thing its RHD instead of LHD.

He also has a few Silvia K's/Q's/J's for sale for around $3,500-4,500 with paperwork. If you ask me its a win/win.

Really? A K's landed for 4500? I want to see this.
silviamang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 08:44 PM   #47
tricky_ab
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (23)
tricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud oftricky_ab has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 23 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviamang View Post
Really? A K's landed for 4500? I want to see this.
Same here... I'll take two please, and thank you.

Back for round two... 4 doors this time around...
tricky_ab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 09:35 PM   #48
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
I love driving my GTR, I daily it to work until my 4 Door gets here. I only have 1 issue for driving in the US and thats merging into traffic on ramps. not a huge deal just have to check real hard before merging.

Other than that, it feels pretty natural to me, but probably cuz Ive been driving RHD cars for almost 10 years.

Not many ppl bother me, usually just someone complimenting me or asking what kinda car it is.
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 11:02 PM   #49
Reece
Nissanaholic!

Reece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymoreReece is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrDarknes View Post
I agree.

S chassis cars make sense because you get the right hand of course and the SR or CA factory, and all the options and weird OEM+ pieces they got that we didn't, however things like a Toyota Celsior or some Civics, i just don't understand.

I saw a single cam carbed RHD EF Hatch the other day for 6k. You could buy a pretty clean B Series swapped LHD EF for that money. Makes no sense to me when it comes to things like that.
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 04:19 PM   #50
240sex_s14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sileighty_85 View Post
I love driving my GTR, I daily it to work until my 4 Door gets here. I only have 1 issue for driving in the US and thats merging into traffic on ramps. not a huge deal just have to check real hard before merging.

Other than that, it feels pretty natural to me, but probably cuz Ive been driving RHD cars for almost 10 years.

Not many ppl bother me, usually just someone complimenting me or asking what kinda car it is.

nice! wish I have been driving a rhd car for last 10 years
Merging and left turns it what it seems to be the problem other than sourcing parts haha
Old 07-26-2017, 07:42 PM   #51
Sileighty_85
Post Whore!

Sileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfectionSileighty_85 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sex_s14 View Post
nice! wish I have been driving a rhd car for last 10 years
Merging and left turns it what it seems to be the problem other than sourcing parts haha
Depending on the chassis it shouldn't be too difficult. R32s aren't too bad, quite a few other chassis share some major components. Just ATESSA parts are problematic. But I was fortunate enough to stock pile r32 parts before leaking Japan
1986 SR86 - 200ish
1990 R32 GTR - 320hp
Don't Buy Engines from JDM-Online http://zilvia.net/f/businesses/207457-jdm-online.html
Don't Buy XS-Power or SSAC Shit
Sileighty_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 08:44 PM   #52
Juantwo3
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (20)
Juantwo3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogli9000 View Post
Most people who drive RHD cars buy them for the excitement and usually flip them just so they can say they owned one.

For some instances, some retards think their skyline or rhd car is being searched out by the feds so they dump the chassis for crackhead prices or hide it somewhere until you arrive to purchase. LOL
(Instant regret on their end due to their stupidity and lack of experience)

The government does not care about your car. They only care if you run an illegal business and profit from doing illegal things without paying the governments cut of the process. Some businesses sell a million plus in inventory and do not document any of it. That's what they want.
(Example : Not paying taxes, following paperwork/procedures, smuggling in cars, etc)

Smog, insurance, and paperwork will be more complicated. You have to have "hook ups"

Its harder to find files regarding wiring, layouts, schematics, and so forth to trouble shoot any issues. You cannot just plug in your scanner and go.

Replacement parts are harder to find and have no resale value.

They are neck turners, but not practical. The attention could also be unwanted. IF you piss off the wrong cop, they could also send you to bar and put you through annoying obstacles.

America was not built for RHD cars. Its not a completely practical daily compared to a lhd prius and so forth. Imagine not being able to go through drive throughs without huge inconveniences.

I currently daily drive a completely stock 30k mile altezza with a few other rhd cars in my stable. If you know what you are doing and have hook ups for parts then do it. I got all of my cars for KILLER deals so it was worth it. If I were to pay retail, I would have not gone this route.

Also RHD cars have a lower resale value compared to a LHD.
(Example : RHD supra is worth 13k, LHD supra is 20k+)

If you struggle with common sense, then you will have complications. Owning an imported car is only suited for experienced car builders or people with deep pockets to pay others for the "convenience".

/end thread

could not have been said any better