Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 05-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #121
silviaks2nr
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (10)
silviaks2nr is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

^ good read on this guy's method Project - More Rubber - The Autocross Forum

I machined some aluminum wheels for a concept model using a similar, but much more rudimentary method. Of course the wheels for the model were only like 4" in diameter, not 18"+ too.
silviaks2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2011, 01:56 PM   #122
kalypso123
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡

Trader Rating: (2)
kalypso123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
yea, he's got it down.

Last edited by kalypso123; 05-19-2011 at 07:45 AM..
kalypso123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #123
Neteru
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Neteru is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
any info on weather or not lips can be added/welded into wheels that don't come from the factory with lips? (material aside) wheels like TE37's, AME SPORTS FS-01, etc?
Old 05-27-2011, 02:00 PM   #124
Dunkz
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Dunkz is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just built up a set of OZ futuras for a mate. New rear lips in 3.75" making the rears 11.75" wide, fronts are 9.5". Tyres got put on today so fitting time tomorrow.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:05 PM   #125
Otto347
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (15)
Otto347 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviaks2nr View Post
I wish he would have shown what he cut them on. My friends old shop had some lathes in it you could chuck a 24" wheel into but like atutt said, they are money and about the size of a tank.
Otto347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #126
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Dunkz, did you use Titanium Touch? How do you rate their service?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:19 AM   #127
Dunkz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
Dunkz, did you use Titanium Touch? How do you rate their service?
Awesome, really good company to deal with. Used them loads of times now. Always give me a good discount.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #128
ezza
Zilvia Junkie

ezza is an unknown quantity at this point
dunkz dont suppose these are the same wheels are they?

I mean the actuall ones?

ezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:14 PM   #129
Dunkz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezza View Post
dunkz dont suppose these are the same wheels are they?

I mean the actuall ones?
Nope, not the same dude, they never had as much dish as that when Stu picked them up. Thats why we bought wider lips and put the rear lips on the front barrels. Got them onto the car on saturday. 12J rears 9.5 fronts

Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 AM   #130
Neteru
Zilvia Member

Neteru is an unknown quantity at this point
can Anyone answer my question???
Old 06-02-2011, 09:35 AM   #131
Nicksx

Nicksx is an unknown quantity at this point
flame me all you want but i think some s13 se's polished with a 3" lip added would look baller thats just me though.

te37's with lips added?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:44 AM   #132
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
i have a set of 15x7 0 Offset Epsilon mesh wheels. if i wanted to get them widened an inch or two they would do it from the back im assuming making it a more negative offset correct? is there a way to do it to where it could become positive?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:59 AM   #133
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
adding width to the back side is going to make it more positive in offset.
Mister.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 AM   #134
blueshark123
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (55)
blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 55 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flicktitty View Post
i have a set of 15x7 0 Offset Epsilon mesh wheels. if i wanted to get them widened an inch or two they would do it from the back im assuming making it a more negative offset correct? is there a way to do it to where it could become positive?

it will actually become more positive if added in the barrel not lip

edit: damn u beat me ^
blueshark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:24 AM   #135
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by E Double View Post
adding width to the back side is going to make it more positive in offset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
it will actually become more positive if added in the barrel not lip

edit: damn u beat me ^
Thank you, it's been a long day already.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:32 AM   #136
Quail
Zilvia FREAK!

Quail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfectionQuail is close to perfection
Send a message via MSN to Quail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkz View Post
Nope, not the same dude, they never had as much dish as that when Stu picked them up. Thats why we bought wider lips and put the rear lips on the front barrels. Got them onto the car on saturday. 12J rears 9.5 fronts
That rear fitment is bloody spot on. Know the offsets by any chance? I'll be making my Meisters wider with Titanium Touch I reckon.

Fronts are a bit crazy!!
Old 06-02-2011, 12:15 PM   #137
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
wouldn't you have to take away from the backside of the barrel and add to the front to make it more negative?
Old 06-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #138
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
no because you are making the wheel wider but not changing the position of the face relative to where it started. thus adding more wheel to the outer lip will push the face in relative to the wheel's new width.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:53 PM   #139
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
wouldn't you have to take away from the backside of the barrel and add to the front to make it more negative?
Quote:
no because you are making the wheel wider but not changing the position of the face relative to where it started. thus adding more wheel to the outer lip will push the face in relative to the wheel's new width.
I think you both said the same thing
Old 06-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #140
blueshark123
Post Whore!

blueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant futureblueshark123 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
I think you both said the same thing

no he said something else i get what e-double said. People need to understand how offset works when widening wheels.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #141
Mister.E
Post Whore!

glad someone understands my gibberish. it's hard to explain the concept of wheel offset to people online; much easier in person.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:23 PM   #142
Dunkz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quail View Post
That rear fitment is bloody spot on. Know the offsets by any chance? I'll be making my Meisters wider with Titanium Touch I reckon.

Fronts are a bit crazy!!
I'll need to double check as I can't remeber now, It's got a 265 tyre but we could only pull the arch so far as its rotten, gonna have to go for over fenders to get the wheels stood upright again as there's a lot of camber on it. I'll drop you a pm when I find out. Front fitment was extra spacers as a test to see where it would go as its gonna need front arches to match the rears, its not actually running like that.

I'll drop you a pm.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #143
GabeS14
Post Whore!

GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueshark123 View Post
no he said something else i get what e-double said. People need to understand how offset works when widening wheels.
they both said the same thing lol, i read it 10 times.. one asked if taking away from the back side and adding to the front would lower offset, the other responded with no, but then went ahead and said you need to add to the front lip to lower offset, so yes, they said the same thing.
overall they both meant that adding more lip lowers offset.
because you are comparing the location of the center piece in relation to the new overall size of the wheel.
so if you had 5 inches of rim on inside barrel and 3 on outside your offset would be XX and if you reduced the size of the inner barrel and increased the size of the outer barrel, you would now have -x offset(lower)
Old 06-04-2011, 12:45 AM   #144
dwnshft2drft
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (28)
dwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enoughdwnshft2drft will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Is there a such thing can change from 16" to 17" or 18" diameter?
dwnshft2drft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:08 AM   #145
Mister.E
Post Whore!

i just re-read it again, he is asking if you HAVE to take away from the backside and then add to the front side to make it more negative; and the answer is NO, you do not. Simply adding more material on the front side will make the wheel's offset more negative relative to it's new width.
Old 06-04-2011, 11:39 AM   #146
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
wow...offset is really easy to understand.

it's measured in correlation to the center of the wheel. 18x8 0 offset (4 inches on each side of center)
18x10 0offset (5 inches on each side of center)

add one inch to the face of 18x10 now equals 18x11. a zero offset will have 5.5 on each side of center. If the mounting point was zero offset at 18x10, adding one inch changed the location of where the center of thr rim is. Now you have to measure from center (0 offset) to the location of the mount (which was zero offset on a 18x10 now 18x11) in which 25mm equals about an inch, you should have a rough -12 offset (add one inch is half an inch on either side of center (zero offset).

offset is measure from center to the mounting position. Measure in mm. positive offset if mount is past the center (less lip, more back spacing) and negative is opposite (more lip, less backspacing).

I hope this helps ;D
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:33 PM   #147
Mister.E
Post Whore!

if you add an inch only to the front wouldnt the new mounting position essentially be 25mm less than what it was before? now making your 18x10 +-0 wheel into an 18x11 -25.

im having trouble seeing how adding an inch (25mm) to the front is only going to effect the mounting position by 12mm...
Old 06-04-2011, 04:24 PM   #148
Dunkz
Leaky Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwnshft2drft View Post
Is there a such thing can change from 16" to 17" or 18" diameter?
Yes, but that gets expensive, if you had centers from a flat dish 17" wheel it's possible that you'd be able to put stepped lip onto it from an 18" but that means new barrels and lips.
Old 06-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #149
blueshark123
Post Whore!

heres a thread that sort of explains sizes of relipping How to build your BBS RM and RS - Bimmerforums - The Ultimate BMW Forum
Old 06-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #150
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Quote:
if you add an inch only to the front wouldnt the new mounting position essentially be 25mm less than what it was before? now making your 18x10 +-0 wheel into an 18x11 -25.

im having trouble seeing how adding an inch (25mm) to the front is only going to effect the mounting position by 12mm...
but all in all his analogy of offset was correct..
i suck at math and wont try to verify it lol..but he did make it sound simple to the guys who were arguing about it.