Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 11-30-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Lowest s14 sidemount seat rail? / Did Nagisa change their design?

I attempted to fit my drivers seat today in my s14 using the Nagisa "Super Low" Rail from Enjuku.

I have used this rail in two previous s13s so I was confident it would work. However, once I got the seat in, surprise, its higher then stock at the lowest setting.

I don't understand how this could be seeing as it should have been the exact same rail I've had in previous S-chassis (all S's share the same seat rails). But then I took a closer look.

If you look towards the front of the rails, you'll notice that the sliders basically sit flush with the floor-pan brace that runs from the door area to the transmission tunnel, as low as possible.

BUT, in the rear is this massive gap. About two fingers over the exhaust hump towards the inside, and an ENTIRE FISTS worth of gap towards the outside.

Did Nagisa change their design at some point? In my other cars I could get the bucket low enough that it would hit the floor and keep me from sliding them forward.

Additionally, the part number Enjuku as well as many other shops have is
- XNSR011L

But these brackets have a part number that I can not find reference to anywhere online
- ZN101L

Does anyone know what is going on here, or can anyone check their Nagisa brackets in s14 for part number / rear bracket gap?

Here's some images.

Last edited by LockOn!; 12-01-2016 at 03:02 PM..
LockOn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2016, 06:56 PM   #2
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

LockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her selfLockOn! is making a name for him/her self
I also found this image of a Bride FG rail on Zilvia in an s13. You can see how much more of a rear lean these have.

They measure about 7 or 8cm to the back of the slider.

On my Nagisa's, I have about 11cm to the slider.

Last edited by LockOn!; 12-01-2016 at 01:14 PM..
Old 11-30-2016, 07:29 PM   #3
Rustys14
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
Rustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of lightRustys14 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I installed a NAMS rail on my friends car (s13) last month and noticed the same thing. Its not quite that bad but not nearly as low as I thought it would be. He's not super tall so he didn't mind though. I believe he purchased his from enjuku as well.

Also the quality seems to have gone down a bit from what I remembered from my old setup. He got a Circuit Sports passenger rail and not only does it slide smoother then the NAMS, it also locks much more solid. Makes me wonder if they moved production from Japan to somewhere with less QC.
Rustys14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 07:42 PM   #4
Standard
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Standard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud ofStandard has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'd say call enjuku and ask why you got a different part number than listed and explain the situation and your previous rails.

Can you mount the rear floor brackets on top of the rail? Looks like if you could it would be a little lower, not sure if it would be a good idea/possible, but even then it wouldn't be as low as expected. Curious to see what you find out, good luck
Standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:06 PM   #5
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustys14 View Post
I installed a NAMS rail on my friends car (s13) last month and noticed the same thing. Its not quite that bad but not nearly as low as I thought it would be. He's not super tall so he didn't mind though. I believe he purchased his from enjuku as well.
Interesting.... I'm just over 5'10 and these rails make a helmet unwearable on the lowest setting. My s14 does have a sunroof, but so did my last s13 coupe and I fit in that thing with room to spare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standard View Post
I'd say call enjuku and ask why you got a different part number than listed and explain the situation and your previous rails.

Can you mount the rear floor brackets on top of the rail? Looks like if you could it would be a little lower, not sure if it would be a good idea/possible, but even then it wouldn't be as low as expected. Curious to see what you find out, good luck
I will definitely be giving them a call. I've had good luck with them for years but the return policy on their site is pretty much "All sales final LOL" so we'll see.

No, you cannot flip the mounts, they are welded to the slider, all one piece. If I end up stuck with these I might just chop an inch off of both rear mounting points and have them re-welded.

Last edited by LockOn!; 12-01-2016 at 12:50 PM..
Old 11-30-2016, 08:12 PM   #6
e1_griego
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
e1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond reputee1_griego has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
I've never fit in s14 + sunroof with a helmet, even with custom rails on the floor. I'm 6'2" though.

I'm sure those are sitting you up more than they should (clearly from the measurements).
e1_griego is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 08:54 PM   #7
jookybanana
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
jookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfectionjookybanana is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i got some nagisa dual locking rails for my s13 and was dissapointed that my fg rails sits lower than the nagisa's, maybe they did change their design? cause i remember reading about how low their position was
jookybanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 09:34 AM   #8
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jookybanana View Post
cause i remember reading about how low their position was
I used to sing praise for NAMs rails. Now... not so much.

If anyone who has a NAMs in an s14 that sits low can take some measurements to the back of the rail, and potentially find the part number... That would be SUPER helpful.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:09 AM   #9
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The Dual Locking NAMS/Nagisa rail is NOT the lower rail of the two. It's the single lock rail that is the lower rail. I can touch the bottom rear of my bucket to the floor of the car with my nagisa rail in my s13, Corbeau FX1 seat. I could lower the seat even more if I chopped the bottom mounting bumps off the bottom of it.

Look for a single lock Nagisa rail and try again.
The single lock rail should have 4x individual angle brackets that mount the seat to the rail, two per side. And four studs on each rail, two per seat bracket. I mount my front brackets at the lowest point, and I flipped the rear brackets so that the seat holes are underneath the rail. Super low.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 11:32 AM   #10
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

^^^^^

There must have been a change in design then. I DO have the single locking model, if you look at my pics the adjustment arm is only on the door side rail.

Mine did however come with 2x brackets, one long one for each side. I can't recall if my previous NAMS single lockers had 2x or 4x brackets though.

Would you mind checking for a part number on yours?

Enjuku and just about everyone else onlines images show the 4x bracket model that your referencing too. But of course the image "may not be representative of product".

About to take my lunch in a bit and call, will provide updates.

Last edited by LockOn!; 12-01-2016 at 12:51 PM..
Old 12-01-2016, 12:48 PM   #11
NiSilS14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (20)
NiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond reputeNiSilS14 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
I have a nagisa auto single rail, mine came with the 1 piece bracket (1 per side). Bought mine probably a year or two ago. I'm just 5'9" but i find my bride FG rail to position the seat better.
NiSilS14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:00 PM   #12
supersayianjim
Nissanaholic!

supersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enoughsupersayianjim will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockOn! View Post
I attempted to fit my drivers seat today in my s14 using the Nagisa "Super Low" Rail from Enjuku.

I have used this rail in two previous s13s so I was confident it would work. However, once I got the seat in, surprise, its higher then stock at the lowest setting.

I don't understand how this could be seeing as it should have been the exact same rail I've had in previous S-chassis (all S's share the same seat rails). But then I took a closer look.

If you look towards the front of the rails, you'll notice that the sliders basically sit flush with the floor-pan brace that runs from the door area to the transmission tunnel, as low as possible.

BUT, in the rear is this massive gap. About two fingers over the exhaust hump towards the inside, and an ENTIRE FISTS worth of gap towards the outside.

Did Nagisa change their design at some point? In my other cars I could get the bucket low enough that it would hit the floor and keep me from sliding them forward.

Additionally, the part number Enjuku as well as many other shops have is
- XNSR011L

But these brackets have a part number that I can no reference to anywhere online
- ZN101L

Does anyone know what is going on here, or can anyone check their Nagisa brackets in s14 for part number / rear bracket gap?

Here's some images.

that is a sexy fist, just saying...
supersayianjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 01:08 PM   #13
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersayianjim View Post
that is a sexy fist, just saying...
For a nominal fee I will have a rubber casting made of it down to the elbow and ship it to you direct.

On a serious note though. Just got off the phone with Enjuku, the guy I spoke with uses the same rails and was like "wtf". Hes going to check out this thread, and some other images I've provided, and either correct my order, or get in touch with their Nagisa rep and see what the heck is happening.

The most confusing part about all of this is that the part number is different, but it is still labeled "Super Low Rail".

At this point I'm convinced Nagisa must have changed the design and not notified their distributors. Or that distro did not notify sellers. At any rate, hoping Enjuku comes through with a solution.
Old 12-01-2016, 01:38 PM   #14
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
That's really shitty. That looks almost worse than the Buddy Club design.

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 02:40 PM   #15
Suicunes

Suicunes is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm 6'2" and fit in my s14 with no sunroof with a Vios 3 and FG rails. I'll stand by the FG rails being the lowest on the market for sure. Rear of my seat rides on the carpet, front is on the lowest setting too, sits me at the perfect angle. Just enough lean to be comfy, but still have good foot and hand position.
Suicunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 03:22 PM   #16
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Yeah this new design is definitely not Super Low. I'll stand by the old 4x bracket style being the lowest lol. If I remember i'll try and get a part number off of mine, I got it used so I'm not sure how old it really is.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:36 PM   #17
FaLKoN240
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: (73)
FaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfectionFaLKoN240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 73 reviews
Bride FG is the lowest

Best way to do business with me? Make your best offer FIRST.
FaLKoN240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:14 PM   #18
tacotacotaco
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (16)
tacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfectiontacotacotaco is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Send a message via AIM to tacotacotaco
Are you guys using the Nagisa Dual lock rails?

I have installed a good amount of seats in the 240s using either bridge fg or nagisa. The nagisa in the s13 has gotten the seats the lowest. Also depending on what seat you are using.

Sabelt gt140 i know for sure fit up a Large in a 240sx using the nagisa rails.
tacotacotaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 06:57 PM   #19
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

^^^

Nope, this thread is focused on the single lock design.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:35 PM   #20
ZenkiKid
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
ZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud ofZenkiKid has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
My buddy club seat rails are the same way. Even at the lowest setting its higher than stock. Kinda feels like sitting in a high chair. hah.
ZenkiKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:11 PM   #21
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

I got a call back from Enjuku, apparently Nagisa is saying that they haven't changed the design since 2011.

Interestingly enough, I bought my last set from them I believe in spring of 2012 so its entirely possible I had one of the last old models, and that the new design is fucked.

They requested I put it back in and take measurements this weekend which I will be doing. I still don't think they are going to help at all since I've already opened and installed the rail.

But, barring I discover that I am completely inept at installing seats, it can be concluded that:

NAGISA IS NO LONGER A VIABLE LOW MOUNT BRACKET

Just buy Bride FG, Planted solid mounts, or build your own. Buddy club is shit and I'm fairly certain Circuit Sports are too given all the double locking designs sit high.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:09 PM   #22
rbs14kouki
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to allrbs14kouki is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i would give the *streetfaction* a try ... there floor bracket and side mounts looks realy good and from pictures its sits super low

Built thread sr20vet s14
http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=535574
rbs14kouki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:09 PM   #23
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Maybe the old design was not safe.
Matej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 04:55 PM   #24
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Here's my Nagisa single lock, so you can see what I mean about mounting the rear brackets under the rail. I could lower it even more if I removed the bottom mount humps from the bottom of the seat as they stick down 2 or 3 inches from the seat bottom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #25
derass
Zilvia FREAK!

derass is making a name for him/her selfderass is making a name for him/her self
Do the Single Lock rails literally lock only on one side? Or is there a cable/mechanism that passes under the seat to the opposite side like the Buddy Club rails?
derass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:35 PM   #26
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derass View Post
Do the Single Lock rails literally lock only on one side? Or is there a cable/mechanism that passes under the seat to the opposite side like the Buddy Club rails?

There's a cable that opens/closes the latch on the other side. It means theres a single handle on one side. Dual locks have either a handle on both sides, or one in the front of the seat connected to both rails.

Old 12-05-2016, 12:15 PM   #27
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Maybe the old design was not safe.
I mean, maybe? I cant see how having 1" less material on the rears of both brackets would change anything. If anything you'd think they would be stronger and more resistant to bending with a shorter radius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
Here's my Nagisa single lock, so you can see what I mean about mounting the rear brackets under the rail. I could lower it even more if I removed the bottom mount humps from the bottom of the seat as they stick down 2 or 3 inches from the seat bottom.
Nice, I got what you are saying but I'll need to chop my brackets as they are 2x long pieces instead of the 4x little ones you have.

Can you please measure from the floor to the top of the rail at the rear of your sliders? Like the pics of the Bride earlier in the thread?

Its pretty easy to tell from these pics that yours is in fact lower just from the picture, the rear rake is much more pronounced. Mine is like.... totally flat.

But still, I'd like some images to prove it.

Thanks.

For now I've just bolted the seat in at the lowest positions front and back, running no seat cushion lol.
Old 12-05-2016, 03:22 PM   #28
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

I could take the seat out and take some pics cause I think I'm gonna chop those bottom humps off it and make it even lower lol.

Old 12-05-2016, 04:11 PM   #29
LockOn!
Zilvia FREAK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealSy90 View Post
I could take the seat out and take some pics cause I think I'm gonna chop those bottom humps off it and make it even lower lol.

No need to take it out, just an image like this would be great:

(This is Bride FG)

It would let me know how much I need to chop mine. Thanks.
Old 12-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #30
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
If you can find an old school JDM Wisteria rail, they'll put the bucket down so low on the lowest setting that you actually have to remove the carpet if you want to be able to slide the seat.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote