Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 02-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #1
dato
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (6)
dato is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Lowest weight achieved on a s13 race car

What's the Lowest weight Anyone achieved on a s13 race car? Not stock cars or daily drivers that only have gutted back interiors.
dato is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #2
Ceepo
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (9)
Ceepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enoughCeepo will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
How about you try it and find out, why does it matter how light someones car is, 80% of guys drift and weight isnt an issue...
Ceepo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
hassanbakar123
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
hassanbakar123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
theirs already a thread it was some s13 fastback with the ass cut off.
hassanbakar123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
n8RPS13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (22)
n8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of lightn8RPS13 is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
s13

Wicked BURN!!!! I understand though. Try to think about how light the S13 is already.........the understand or know that you still want a certain amount of curb weight to be able to have a balanced car... to light and you will not be able to control the car at high speeds to heavy and you will not be as nimble at lower speeds, but will have better control at higher speeds. For instance my friend just bought a track edition NISMO 350Z and hates that it is so much heavier than the S13 he previously owned but loves the solid feel of the car at high speeds .....lets says above 100mph. It is a relevant ? though. I think you need to be more specific about the ? Try
asking what the lightest most succesful S13 (drift or grip) has been. I honestly dont know but would be interested to see who it was. Good luck and hope that I didn't offend you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceepo View Post
How about you try it and find out, why does it matter how light someones car is, 80% of guys drift and weight isnt an issue...
n8RPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:33 PM   #5
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'm guessing that he is looking into making a track or full race car out of a s13.

u need to go search mang! look for s13's that have been built only for race and see the discription of the car. it will tell u what the weight of the car is and how it was achieved.
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
dato
Zilvia Junkie

I'm not looking for how to get ur car lighter, I'm basically looking to see what's the lowest weight someones achieve. That's all, prefer a coupe too
Old 02-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #7
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
have you tried this website called google?

allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:47 PM   #8
NismoDriverS13
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
NismoDriverS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
^ holy god i totally did not see this one before!!!
NismoDriverS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:49 PM   #9
huffandpuff00
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (9)
huffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura abouthuffandpuff00 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
my coupe is 2340, almost full interior, frp everthing but trunk

Last edited by huffandpuff00; 02-28-2010 at 10:14 PM..
huffandpuff00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:51 PM   #10
dato
Zilvia Junkie

all-oh sick! did not expect that one haha
Old 02-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
QuickSpoolSR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
QuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enoughQuickSpoolSR will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceepo View Post
So maybe he wants to know for somthing other then drift. There is nothing wrong with this thread, ya you can google, but do you think everyones set up is on google. Im interested in hearing some examples of how low they got the weight down to, and what they did. So dont be an asshole
Old 02-28-2010, 10:03 PM   #12
dato
Zilvia Junkie

^^
ditto....
Old 02-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #13
allntrlundrgrnd
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (17)
allntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfectionallntrlundrgrnd is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSpoolSR View Post
ya you can google, but do you think everyones set up is on google.
Yes.

240RS Maxi - DSG - DENT Sport Garage
allntrlundrgrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #14
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dato View Post
What's the Lowest weight Anyone achieved on a s13 race car? Not stock cars or daily drivers that only have gutted back interiors.
why? do you plan on making a lighter car? cause if not, then this thread is worthless.
fckillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #15
drftmark
Zilvia Junkie

drftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura aboutdrftmark has a spectacular aura about
Jesus... so much hate...

This thread is A LOT more related to cars than half of the other threads out there that have to do with trends and all other sorts of bs

from a little bit of searching I found the DSG car is 1926 lbs dry, approx 2100 lbs wet

but that is a hatch and you are looking for a coupe
drftmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #16
KA24DESOneThree
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
KA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfectionKA24DESOneThree is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
There have been weight threads before. This is not a new idea. I daily'd my coupe at sub-2300lbs.

Curb weight has nothing to do with stability. Do not derp the noobs.

However, my car won't pass tech for anything other than driver's ed. No cage, etc.
KA24DESOneThree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #17
BlitzRPS13
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
BlitzRPS13 has a little shameless behavior in the past
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My silvia is 2464 lbs.. fully gutted.. no interior really(has cd player and speakers).. cusco 6 point cage.. 2 bride seats.. rear strut bar.. frp front/rear bumpers..frp fenders.. frp sideskirts.

Last edited by BlitzRPS13; 03-03-2010 at 12:50 PM..
BlitzRPS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #18
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (7)
ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via MSN to ericcastro Send a message via Yahoo to ericcastro
Jeeeesus!

SEARCH!!

Start with the GT class cars that run built KA engines.
The real 240sx drivers.
those guys are in a whole nother world, and wouldnt even bother bringing themselves over here.

"Collin Jackson and Dave Humphrey will be racing their BM&M Nissan 240sx cars in the Grand Touring 3 (GT3) category. These are purpose built, tube frame, racecars with Nissan 240sx fiber glass bodies. The cars have 2.4L, 4 cylinder engines that produce 275 HP"

RETROSPECTIVE>>IMSA RACING S13S - Speedhunters
ericcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #19
Sterlz
Zilvia Member

Sterlz is an unknown quantity at this point
^^ those aren't even 240's anymore, those are full tube-chassis cars, so it kinda doesn't count.

I think he's curious about how light an S13 coupe can be while still retaining at least most of the factory unibody.
Sterlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:07 PM   #20
xpertsnowcarver
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (44)
xpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud ofxpertsnowcarver has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 44 reviews
Depends what regulations you are under.

According to the 2009 SuperGT regulations, vehicles must maintain a minimum weight of no less than 1,100kg (2425lbs). SuperGT regs require the original production chassis between the wheel centers be unmodified.

If no limit, then I'd imagine you can make the chassis weight as light as.... 1400lbs? (Just a guess) But, I'm talking Ti + C everything.

My YouTube Channel
xpertsnowcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 09:27 PM   #21
teamsprock
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
teamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the roughteamsprock is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
here just for a reference since not a lot of info is on this thread so far

89 coupe with s13 sr. Everything gutted except dash,cluster, and stock front two seats.
FMIC, all stock metal panels, no sunroof at all (open whole in the roof), no headlights, just the stock metal covers.. also note I have motorized windows and mirrors

2200lbs low on gas (seem lows to me, but I was on a certified truck scale with 20lb resolution so who knows... not an expert on the subject, just a little suprised to see that low.)

I have since added a six point cage and a little bit of carpet for creature comfort (can't stand bare metal floors) so hopefully soon I can get it back on the scale just to see what it's at now.)

Not sure about s13's but I know Kognition has one of the lightest s14 that is a race car but not as extreme as the examples above with tube frames and missing rear ends.
teamsprock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 10:41 PM   #22
ericcastro
Post Whore!

ericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfectionericcastro is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterlz View Post
^^ those aren't even 240's anymore, those are full tube-chassis cars, so it kinda doesn't count.

I think he's curious about how light an S13 coupe can be while still retaining at least most of the factory unibody.
How are those not 240's?
Shit, they run KA engines.

You understand that the majority of Pro level drift vehicles are tube framed to certain extents.

Where do you want to draw the line then?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 PM   #23
sincity_sil80
Zilvia Junkie

sincity_sil80 is an unknown quantity at this point
lol at your sig^^

20 till 3:00 =
sincity_sil80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 11:09 AM   #24
dato
Zilvia Junkie

Every one saying to search ! Common man.. It's not any different than thread how low if your car?,kouki-180sx-aero-thread, or weirdestrhing u found on ur 240? But anyhow, I'm building. Drift car, but just want to see the lowest weight or average weight. And 240sx That the normal tuner builds to go drift and so on
Old 03-03-2010, 11:32 AM   #25
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
Every one saying to search ! Common man.. It's not any different than thread how low if your car?,kouki-180sx-aero-thread, or weirdestrhing u found on ur 240? But anyhow, I'm building. Drift car, but just want to see the lowest weight or average weight. And 240sx That the normal tuner builds to go drift and so on
And If you SERACHED, you would have found numerous weight reduction threads.
But you opened a new one.

there is one very popular weirdest thing thread that is numerous pages and post long.
There is one How Low is your daily thread with numerous pages.
If someone opened a new "weirdest" or "how low" thread, they would be locked right away.

you see what we are saying?
you should have used this
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-smal...w-threads.html
Old 03-04-2010, 11:21 AM   #26
jim1234664
Zilvia Member

jim1234664 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
And If you SERACHED, you would have found numerous weight reduction threads.
But you opened a new one.

there is one very popular weirdest thing thread that is numerous pages and post long.
There is one How Low is your daily thread with numerous pages.
If someone opened a new "weirdest" or "how low" thread, they would be locked right away.

you see what we are saying?
you should have used this
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/297481-smal...w-threads.html
Seriously dude? get off your high horse.

This guy wants to know how heavy a super gutted s13 coupe that the average person would be building on here would weigh.

He doesnt want to know about some unlimited budget shop built tube frame single piece fiberglass body car that isnt even street legal and doesn't have a nissan chassis or body panels.

and of course those guys arent on here, they are race car drivers. not car builders and not 240 enthusiasts.

and no, there has never been a thread quite like this and he doesnt want to look at a thread that says the sound deadening weighs 20.6 pounds and the ac compressor bracket weighs 4.7 pounds.

stop trying to choke off half the threads you look at to tell someone to search. I dont know if you want to stroke your ego or what, but this guy isnt asking what parts to use for a 5 lug swap. This is a pretty unique question

Honorable mention to these guys for not being assholes and trying to actually help the OP: (I know, Crazy concept for you to understand)

Quote:
Originally Posted by huffandpuff00 View Post
my coupe is 2340, almost full interior, frp everthing but trunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by drftmark View Post
Jesus... so much hate...

This thread is A LOT more related to cars than half of the other threads out there that have to do with trends and all other sorts of bs

from a little bit of searching I found the DSG car is 1926 lbs dry, approx 2100 lbs wet

but that is a hatch and you are looking for a coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA24DESOneThree View Post
There have been weight threads before. This is not a new idea. I daily'd my coupe at sub-2300lbs.

Curb weight has nothing to do with stability. Do not derp the noobs.

However, my car won't pass tech for anything other than driver's ed. No cage, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzRPS13 View Post
My silvia is 2464 lbs.. fully gutted.. no interior really(has cd player and speakers).. cusco 6 point cage.. 2 bride seats.. rear strut bar.. frp front/rear bumpers..frp fenders.. frp sideskirts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by teamsprock View Post
here just for a reference since not a lot of info is on this thread so far

89 coupe with s13 sr. Everything gutted except dash,cluster, and stock front two seats.
FMIC, all stock metal panels, no sunroof at all (open whole in the roof), no headlights, just the stock metal covers.. also note I have motorized windows and mirrors

2200lbs low on gas (seem lows to me, but I was on a certified truck scale with 20lb resolution so who knows... not an expert on the subject, just a little suprised to see that low.)

I have since added a six point cage and a little bit of carpet for creature comfort (can't stand bare metal floors) so hopefully soon I can get it back on the scale just to see what it's at now.)

Not sure about s13's but I know Kognition has one of the lightest s14 that is a race car but not as extreme as the examples above with tube frames and missing rear ends.
jim1234664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #27
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

fckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfectionfckillerbee is close to perfection
^^^^^
where did he put " i want to build a car within these specs" "how light can I make it"

I'm sorry....I saw nothing. only thing I saw was....

what is the lightest 240. Well that has been found, his answer is there. You my friend need to read the whole thread!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:35 AM   #28
fckillerbee
Post Whore!

Quote:
this is what I read....GTFO!!!!
Old 03-04-2010, 11:36 AM   #29
Soup Nazi
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (13)
Soup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond reputeSoup Nazi has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Quote:
What's the Lowest weight Anyone achieved on a s13 race car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim1234664 View Post
Seriously dude? get off your high horse.

This guy wants to know how heavy a super gutted s13 coupe that the average person would be building
You're a Moron. Look at his question.

Average people just don't build race cars everyday.
Nissanparts.cc... Enjuku-Racing

Ever bought anything from me?
Leave a review
http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=200877
Soup Nazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 11:58 AM   #30
ericcastro
Post Whore!

Quote:
and no, there has never been a thread quite like this and he doesnt want to look at a thread that says the sound deadening weighs 20.6 pounds and the ac compressor bracket weighs 4.7 pounds.

This is a pretty unique question
yeah, you really are being a tool.

Because if the dude wants to know the lightest S13 shell, we have about 1000 of those threads, going into such specifics on how to rewire your car and loose 40lbs of wire weight and anything else.

ITS ALL THERE, he does need to search.
Are you really going to try and say this is a unique question??

guy asked the lightest 240, we replied to an extremely vague question. next time we will mind read through the internet though.

Quote:
This guy wants to know how heavy a super gutted s13 coupe that the average person would be building on here would weigh.

He doesnt want to know about some unlimited budget shop built tube frame single piece fiberglass body car that isnt even street legal and doesn't have a nissan chassis or body panels.
BTW dipshit, read the tittle.
"Lowest weight achieved on a s13 race car "