Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #31
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
not angry

the v1 arms like dan said were not intended to run excessive camber they're to be used for correcting negative camber

w00tang refuses to accept that and still wants to run -4 camber and dan being a bang up guy offers to give him a pair of the new v3 so he can run his camber with all the clearance he wants

which dan didn't have to do but did probably because w00tang has bought many of their parts and supported them (patting eachother on the back)

then you brian come in here complaining that he's getting a part hookup and you can't even get a discount for an upgrade, what kind of a slap in the face is that?

simple enough v1 WORK fine for correcting negative camber but not for running excessive camber like most of the people on zilvia want and get mad when it won't clear, as far as other rubbing issues it depends on the strut design
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2009, 06:08 PM   #32
brian m
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
brian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond reputebrian m has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
which dan didn't have to do but did probably because w00tang has bought many of their parts and supported them (patting eachother on the back)

then you brian come in here complaining that he's getting a part hookup and you can't even get a discount for an upgrade, what kind of a slap in the face is that?

simple enough v1 WORK fine for correcting negative camber but not for running excessive camber like most of the people on zilvia want and get mad when it won't clear, as far as other rubbing issues it depends on the strut design
V1 won't work fine if they rub the spindle when the suspension gets compressed, which is why it was corrected in V2. Not so simple is the fact that they put a product out there that isn't fully developed around the world, just for running their products without telling potential customers the problems they might run into.

Being a customer oriented business doesn't mean the customer pays the company to do the R&D for them and when they give the feedback, tell the customer to pay full price for the improved version, which is why a certain company gives the customer a 1 time upgrade.

s0ap...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
god...... some of you guys suck some serious testicallage
brian m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:19 PM   #33
LoanShark
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
LoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Yup, v1 are to be used with shocks and springs cause they wont clear old skinny coils and definately not the new fat coils like their own.

I remember when they first came out. They advertized the angle for more clearance and suspension geometry and whatever else for ''extra low cars''. Thats what it said.
I was like OH SHI- I NEED DIS.

Brian, we got punk'd.
LoanShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:21 PM   #34
babowc
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
babowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfectionbabowc is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpnov73 View Post
Is it possible that you are using an s14 ruca and not an s13? Most s13 rucas I've seen completely encircle the coilovers.
btw..
PBM rucas are all "half-moon" styles.

s0apgun.. I want to run enough negative camber to fit my wheel/tire combo.. like LoanShark stated, they advertised the arms and coilovers for extra low applications. If I'm any lower from where I'm at, I'll be rubbing the shock casing, versus the collar. My car is currently pretty low too.. right about tucking a stretched 35 series tire.
babowc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #35
LoanShark
Zilvia Member

LoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond reputeLoanShark has a reputation beyond repute
Its a misunderstanding. s0ap thinks the only reason it rubs is cause we are all running -4 which would be hard in my case since the car was completely off the ground during a failed attempt to install. It rubs no matter what. End of story.
Unless you're on AGX/Sportlines. Then, they will fix your camber...without rubbing. Ooh bonus!

why am i so vexed? It was a (small) headache I could've did without.
LoanShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #36
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoanShark View Post
Its a misunderstanding. s0ap thinks the only reason it rubs is cause we are all running -4 which would be hard in my case since the car was completely off the ground during a failed attempt to install. It rubs no matter what. End of story.
Unless you're on AGX/Sportlines. Then, they will fix your camber...without rubbing. Ooh bonus!

why am i so vexed? It was a (small) headache I could've did without.
putting words in my mouth but k
lflkajfj12123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:55 PM   #37
240sxScores
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
240sxScores is making a name for him/her self240sxScores is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 240sxScores
Shouldnt they have found these issues in R&D before they decided to sell the V1's to public. Or maybe they did mock up using really skinny shocks. But they shoulda thought of other brands being thicker right. And i bought them because they were cost effective and advertised for super low cars and they were designed for cars with lots of camber right?
240sxScores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #38
DC Dan MAX USA
Zilvia.net Advertiser

Trader Rating: (79)
DC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond reputeDC Dan MAX USA has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 79 reviews
nice job with the conspiracy theory guys

now settle down, dont get too ridiculous like Im not here all day long every day for the past two years servicing customers, listening and responding to their wants and needs, and constantly improving product based on those needs faster than any big company. I never claimed to have the perfect product, just trying to make a good stuff at a good price so take it easy. When it says were just a couple of drifters making parts that we want for our own cars its not marketing hype. MAX is not full of suspension engineers, it aint no damn corporation, we do learn more things as we go, we have our own ideas about the way we like things & we're not out to please everyone. If you're feeling our unique style and where we are going with things, thats great but if you're not you can buy elsewhere. No one can blame me for those things!

anyone who wishes to trade up from V1 to V3 camber arms can contact me for a reduced price
How To order: You can order directly from our zilvia advertiser threads. When you add to cart, you get an instant shipping estimate, & the cart will remember all of your items as you move between forum threads and our website www.poweredbymax.net until you remove them or check out. I can also calculate estimates manually for you but the cart's estimates are way faster and more accurate.
Order Inquiry: IM me your real name and paypal address.
Thanks for your business!

Last edited by DC Dan MAX USA; 06-30-2009 at 10:10 PM..
DC Dan MAX USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:47 PM   #39
aztek_s13

aztek_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
^on your website it only lists a verII ruca and says nothing about applying to the s13 chassis. has a bunch of japanese stuff then s14,s15 and more japanese characters. is version 2 also version 3? and does this also apply to the s13 chassis? thanks
aztek_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:35 PM   #40
scooby steve33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
scooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
shiiiiit i think i have brand new PBM V I and i was expecting to run tons of negative camber trying to fit a 13 inch wide wheel on a 50mm haha guess i better trade these bad boys in
scooby steve33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:14 PM   #41
twentytwocpb
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
twentytwocpb is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
correct me if im wrong but those look like s14 RUCAS
twentytwocpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:57 PM   #42
nieko
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
nieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfectionnieko is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
brooo they are for s13.

dont let the half moon decieve you.. lol
nieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #43
scooby steve33
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
scooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-knownscooby steve33 is making his/her stupidity well-known
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
haha the half moon is killing people
scooby steve33 is offline   Reply With Quote