Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #1
Matej
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (39)
Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 39 reviews
Kouki 180SX aero thread II

Hello everyone.
Currently I am shopping for the Type-X lip, and here is a list of places I found that still sell it, or at least have it listed on their website.

OEM

Bodykits.biz - 587.48$
- JDM Nissan Parts JDM S13 180sx Kouki Optional Front Lip :: JDM Nissan Parts :: JDM Parts :: Bodykits.biz - www.bodykits.biz

The Dori Shop - 525$ (shipped)
The Dori Shop OnLine

Phase2 Motortrend - 399$
OEM Type-X Optional Front Bumper Spoiler

Replica

GT-1 - 195.48$
GT-1 Motorsports Kouki Style Front Lip Spoiler RPS13

Modiride - 175$
Modiride - AE86 S13 240sx Body Kits and Aero Parts

If you know of any other places, please let me know.
I would prefer to buy the OEM lip, although the cost of the replicas is tempting. GT-1 makes quality products I would assume, does anyone on here have experience with the lip?
Any input is welcome.

Of course feel free to sidetrack this thread and start posting pictures of cool kouki 180SX cars.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 54 reviews
I'm willing to bet that the shops that still have it listed just simply have not updated their records.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
Matej
Post Whore!

Matej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfectionMatej is close to perfection
That is what I am afraid of. I will have to give them a call.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
wh0aitznic0
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (20)
wh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enoughwh0aitznic0 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
If a brand new OEM lip came up for sale before I'm ready to buy SexyStyle, best believe I will jump on it. But in the meantime, dare to dream:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hailandkill View Post
wh0aitznic0 -- has or had a shocker sticker on his car at one point, is asian with a gooey white center

<3
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
Nothing says, 'I'm broke and still trying', like aftermarket steelies.
Old 01-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #5
franklin93zx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
franklin93zx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I wish they are baller aero like type-x for z32's
Old 01-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
JdM_JunKiE
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (32)
JdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
thought about selling the whole kit but change my mind with that said i want a lip too........
Old 01-07-2010, 05:34 PM   #7
Matej
Post Whore!

Also, what is the best way to remove and reattach the Nissan emblem on the front bumper? I will need to paint the bumper, but I would like to put the emblem back on afterward.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
mysync

Trader Rating: (0)
mysync is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Im so sad i sold my kit, love the 180 stuff but i want it on a coupe. Onevia ftw

Last edited by mysync; 01-08-2010 at 06:28 PM..
Old 01-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #9
airhead
Nissanaholic!

airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matej View Post
Also, what is the best way to remove and reattach the Nissan emblem on the front bumper? I will need to paint the bumper, but I would like to put the emblem back on afterward.
its either double sided taped or clip that hooks on you might need to pinch it with a plier and push out
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #10
airhead
Nissanaholic!

airhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her selfairhead is making a name for him/her self
Old 01-07-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
airhead
Nissanaholic!

i like the color
Old 01-07-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
maplejesse
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
maplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura aboutmaplejesse has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
in for first page jank

Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #13
Brian
Post Whore!

Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Quote:
Double Sided tape.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM   #14
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdM_JunKiE View Post
Just noticed this, do the mounting points for the license plate not line up with US plates?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #15
Brian
Post Whore!

They are a little different I'm pretty sure.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:07 PM   #16
Matej
Post Whore!

Bummer. I guess I will redrill the license plate.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:10 PM   #17
Brian
Post Whore!

It shouldn't be difficult at all, really.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:17 PM   #18
JdM_JunKiE
Zilvia FREAK!

JdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond reputeJdM_JunKiE has a reputation beyond repute
yea mine are ziptied, all though i heard you can use the original tabs(the C clip ones) and flip them the other way or i think pull them open and it works. but dont take my word for it, i heard this from another ziliva head. havent tried it also do to being lazy lol LMK if you try it and if it works
Old 01-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #19
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post

what is it that is so special about japan, i mean, you could have the same exact car specs (almost) and the car would look like shit compared to the one in japan.

theres some mysticl force in japan i swear.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #20
Bubbles
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Bubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfectionBubbles is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead View Post

That red car is gorgeous.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:01 PM   #21
udon!
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
udon! is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
brian wheres that red type ex with the radical blitz 03's
Old 01-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #22
Matej
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdM_JunKiE View Post
yea mine are ziptied, all though i heard you can use the original tabs(the C clip ones) and flip them the other way or i think pull them open and it works. but dont take my word for it, i heard this from another ziliva head. havent tried it also do to being lazy lol LMK if you try it and if it works
Interesting. Will look into that. Thanks for the tip.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:26 PM   #23
airhead
Nissanaholic!

its really just the paint that stand a car out.

you can have a primmed up type x
there is no shape to the car everything looks flat.cant see curves nothing.
or even with cheap paint wit not much gloss.

and have a nice painted type x next to it and you can really see the difference

rims size and ofset too
Old 01-07-2010, 10:30 PM   #24
airhead
Nissanaholic!

thos clips you can get at ace hardware for like 20cents each.

they also have tamper prof bolts for those who want keep thieves from jacking your lip or watever.

they also have trim bolts that look nice for cheap
Old 01-08-2010, 02:29 AM   #25
Touge_Monster
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (9)
Touge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond reputeTouge_Monster has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews

My modiride lip almost broke just from putting it on ha ha
This thread gave me aids, thank you based god.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:04 AM   #26
s13drob
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (29)
s13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymores13drob is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 29 reviews
How was the fitment on the modiride? Im thinking about picking one up. You can always reinforce the lip with fiberglass
Old 01-08-2010, 04:45 AM   #27
JaeTea
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
JaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really niceJaeTea is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to JaeTea
Quote:
Originally Posted by s13drob View Post
How was the fitment on the modiride? Im thinking about picking one up. You can always reinforce the lip with fiberglass
Fitment is actually good.

Customer service and quality of the lip is totally shit.

No idea why another company doesn't start selling replica lips.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:57 AM   #28
satal95
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
satal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud ofsatal95 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeTea View Post

No idea why another company doesn't start selling replica lips.
Probably because no one has actually gone up to a company to ask for it. By the way I just pmed ChaserAero about it. So hopefully they will see we have interest in a replica lip
Old 01-08-2010, 06:50 AM   #29
ChaserAero
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
ChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud ofChaserAero has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ChaserAero
I'll make it, I'll even do a GB on it so you guys can save some coin. All I need is for someone to find/ get me the lip perhaps and I'll make it. If someone has it, and can provide me with it, I'll give you a carbon one at cost.

Email me directly with your Full name, Address, phone, and zilvia.net user name and I'll compile a list. If it looks like its something that'll take off, I'll start the GB thread on it. I'd say PM me, but my PM box fills so fast, email is easier.

[email protected]

...and just a best guess...$149 for FRP, $299 for carbon would be approx. retail.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:54 AM   #30
smelly240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (4)
smelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfectionsmelly240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
new emblems have sticky tape on em - just buy a new one.

HREs on a S13 - check, 6262 - check, Girlfriend.... - nope
Closed Thread