Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 09-17-2017, 09:25 PM   #2881
AMD 240
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
AMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to AMD 240
Old 09-18-2017, 07:59 PM   #2882
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
ditchs14 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzariot View Post
He's talking about the two-tone hatch. That car has been plastered all over IG since it's been painted. It isn't horrible but I get what feito is saying: tons of hype for what?

EDIT: I won't be able to run my Wats on the S14 brakes. They're for sale
what size are those Wats?
ditchs14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #2883
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by feito View Post
^weird, I just dont see it. I'm not a big fan of this style to start with, but what do you like so much about that one? zip tie repairs, crooked panels, missing panels, funny exhaust, bunch of stickers. Am I missing something?
I love this car because it has a fuck ton of character. If you follow him on ig you would see how much shit that car goes through just for him to have a good time everyday with his mates. And while it may not have the most expensive wheels, and brand name aero he still drives the fuck out of it and it looks dope. And stickers just represent who you support, another style thing. You don't need $3000 wheels and Dmax or Origin body kit to be cool. Just make the car look good and drive how you want it. The car looks good, 2 tones are steezy, and im sure it drives alright too.
z31andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #2884
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by z31andrew View Post
I love this car because it has a fuck ton of character. If you follow him on ig you would see how much shit that car goes through just for him to have a good time everyday with his mates. And while it may not have the most expensive wheels, and brand name aero he still drives the fuck out of it and it looks dope. And stickers just represent who you support, another style thing. You don't need $3000 wheels and Dmax or Origin body kit to be cool. Just make the car look good and drive how you want it. The car looks good, 2 tones are steezy, and im sure it drives alright too.
You know, im not a big fan of brand names either. What im mostly criticizing here is the ugly looking zip ties repairs, the poorly fitted panels, the missing parts, and the clown car-looking exhaust. If you call all that "character", then Im sorry but you are what's wrong with our community. That he tries hard just to have his car on the rd and have a good time with this "mates" (are you english or something?), so what, we all do that sometimes, people praising him for that is like giving him a participation trophy, which is also ruining/ruined our community.
Idgaf about expensive wheels, i drive on rpf1's. And like i said, even thou im not a big fan of this style, there's a way to execute it properly, there are plenty of perfect examples in this thread, but his aint one...
Old 09-20-2017, 11:47 AM   #2885
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Quote:
You know, im not a big fan of brand names either. What im mostly criticizing here is the ugly looking zip ties repairs, the poorly fitted panels, the missing parts, and the clown car-looking exhaust. If you call all that "character", then Im sorry but you are what's wrong with our community. That he tries hard just to have his car on the rd and have a good time with this "mates" (are you english or something?), so what, we all do that sometimes, people praising him for that is like giving him a participation trophy, which is also ruining/ruined our community.
Idgaf about expensive wheels, i drive on rpf1's. And like i said, even thou im not a big fan of this style, there's a way to apply it properly, there are plenty of perfect examples in this thread, but his aint one...

Dude, it's a style. It's been around for over 20 years. Don't like seeing pics of it? Why are you in the thread then? Lol
Old 09-20-2017, 12:09 PM   #2886
AMD 240
Leaky Injector

AMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enoughAMD 240 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to AMD 240
Looking through my pictures.. and found this kinda cool. This is how the gold coupe looked before I bought it. Sat outside for 3 years before I picked it up. I think its safe to say it came a long way.

Old 09-20-2017, 05:44 PM   #2887
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

z31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of lightz31andrew is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Idgaf about expensive wheels, i drive on rpf1's. And like i said, even thou im not a big fan of this style, there's a way to execute it properly, there are plenty of perfect examples in this thread, but his aint one...
He literally just painted the car, probably spent all the money he had saved on the paint which looks killer, maybe he didn’t have enough money or time to buy a new lip and repair it correctly. The “poorly” fitted panels are somehing you are going to run into when not going with name brand shit and building the car yourself. I bought a cheap replica shit Fiberglass spoiler for super cheap, bought $10 bondo from auto zone and worked on it for over 12 hours to getting as smooth as I possibly could, with no experience and guess what? It still looks like crap to a perfectionist but I put work on that spoiler so I’m gunna rock it on my car, if people don’t like it hey don’t need to look at my car. Back to briceys car, I never said it was perfect example of anything lol your comparing it to show cars and “perfect” fitting panels and it will never compare. The exhaust I personally like, and I’m in the works to run something similar on my hatch. If you don’t like it, then don’t put it on your car.
And no one is praising him, it’s just a dope car I like looking at.

And you know your the type of person who fucks this community up saying negative shit just support people in doing what they like, they never did anything to you
Old 09-20-2017, 06:06 PM   #2888
feito
Nissanaholic!

feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchs14 View Post
Dude, it's a style. It's been around for over 20 years. Don't like seeing pics of it? Why are you in the thread then? Lol
You know what, you're right haha. I only come in here every once in a while with hopes of seeing nice examples on the last page, but I always know I'll be dissapointed. I just couldn't keep my mouth shot with that one. I'll move on.

Quote:
He literally just painted the car, probably spent all the money he had saved on the paint which looks killer, maybe he didn’t have enough money or time to buy a new lip and repair it correctly. The “poorly” fitted panels are somehing you are going to run into when not going with name brand shit and building the car yourself. I bought a cheap replica shit Fiberglass spoiler for super cheap, bought $10 bondo from auto zone and worked on it for over 12 hours to getting as smooth as I possibly could, with no experience and guess what? It still looks like crap to a perfectionist but I put work on that spoiler so I’m gunna rock it on my car, if people don’t like it hey don’t need to look at my car. Back to briceys car, I never said it was perfect example of anything lol your comparing it to show cars and “perfect” fitting panels and it will never compare. The exhaust I personally like, and I’m in the works to run something similar on my hatch. If you don’t like it, then don’t put it on your car.
And no one is praising him, it’s just a dope car I like looking at.

And you know your the type of person who fucks this community up saying negative shit just support people in doing what they like, they never did anything to you
Like I said, i've seen clean examples of this style, and his ain't one, I dont care how much of a hard time he's having. I might admire his enthusiasm, but not his car.
Mine is only criticism, and all criticism is good. Without telling someone he's doing something wrong he might never advance, that's why I wont support someone for just doing what they like.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #2889
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (47)
dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 47 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchs14 View Post
what size are those Wats?
16X8.5-4 5X114.3

Adressing a few things here:

That isn't a 'style'. Zipties and shitty fitting aero came out of necessity. Low cars being driven hard and needing on the-fly-repairs resulted in the 'look'. It's not a style choice. American kids saw cars in Japan beat to shit (presumably from hard driving) and morphed it into an excuse to half-ass their cars from the start. Then Japanese kids saw cars in American beat to shit and morphed it into their version of USDM. Paradox.

I've never been an avid drift guy. I did the occasional stupid night out when I was younger and first got into these cars. If something required a zip tie it was only to get the car back home and it was fixed later.

I understand how it can be romanticized: these are 'battle scars, br0!"
That's cool. It's not for me because I'd want to make repairs eventually, but I understand it.

We shouldn't treat this as a 'style' because it's not part of Kyusha. The exhaust falls into the 'style' thing so that's thread-appropriate.

Quote:
Like I said, i've seen clean examples of this style, and his ain't one, I dont care how much of a hard time he's having. I might admire his enthusiasm, but not his car.
Mine is only criticism, and all criticism is good. Without telling someone he's doing something wrong he might never advance, that's why I wont support someone for just doing what they like.

On the money. I don't hate the guy and I don't hate his car. I don't have to like it, though.

The only thing(s) I'll take a direct jab at:
"...two-tones are steezy..."
"And you know your the type of person who fucks this community up saying negative shit just support people in doing what they like, they never did anything to you"

Holy fuck it's like you were made by Californian scientists in a test tube. Opinions are all over this forum and that's what happens when you share pictures on the FUCKING INTERNET. As I Californian I'll kindly ask you to get off your fucking hippie horse and allow the man to have his own opinion. Debate is cool and all but you're just like all the other bleeding-heart Californians: accept my point of view or be labeled a h8r.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:00 PM   #2890
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

I keep forgetting this is about the car being zip tied together, I thought he was talking about the car in general. You are correct on zipties not Being a style. My bad.

My front bumper is zip tied on but you just can't see it. But people that drift a lot use them instead of bolting it on so the bumper falls off when lightly tapped etc. that's my final statement on this.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:00 PM   #2891
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Quote:
16X8.5-4 5X114.3

Adressing a few things here:

That isn't a 'style'. Zipties and shitty fitting aero came out of necessity. Low cars being driven hard and needing on the-fly-repairs resulted in the 'look'. It's not a style choice. American kids saw cars in Japan beat to shit (presumably from hard driving) and morphed it into an excuse to half-ass their cars from the start. Then Japanese kids saw cars in American beat to shit and morphed it into their version of USDM. Paradox.

I've never been an avid drift guy. I did the occasional stupid night out when I was younger and first got into these cars. If something required a zip tie it was only to get the car back home and it was fixed later.

I understand how it can be romanticized: these are 'battle scars, br0!"
That's cool. It's not for me because I'd want to make repairs eventually, but I understand it.

We shouldn't treat this as a 'style' because it's not part of Kyusha. The exhaust falls into the 'style' thing so that's thread-appropriate.

On the money. I don't hate the guy and I don't hate his car. I don't have to like it, though.

The only thing(s) I'll take a direct jab at:
"...two-tones are steezy..."
"And you know your the type of person who fucks this community up saying negative shit just support people in doing what they like, they never did anything to you"

Holy fuck it's like you were made by Californian scientists in a test tube. Opinions are all over this forum and that's what happens when you share pictures on the FUCKING INTERNET. As I Californian I'll kindly ask you to get off your fucking hippie horse and allow the man to have his own opinion. Debate is cool and all but you're just like all the other bleeding-heart Californians: accept my point of view or be labeled a h8r.

I completely agree with you, and I wasn’t trying to say zip ties are cool and everyone should break their bumpers in half and zip tie them back together before installing, no. I look past all the zip ties as poor fitting aero as if the car was put together well, and I admire it.

Now the only reason I said what I did about him was because he basically told me my opinion was wrong, and that I shouldn’t like a car that isn’t out together because I’m ruining the community. I’d rather have people like me who support people doing what they do rather criticize everything and everyone says to shit.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #2892
dizzariot
Post Whore!

dizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfectiondizzariot is close to perfection
Quote:
I’d rather have people like me who support people doing what they do rather criticize everything and everyone says to shit.
You're missing the point: criticism brings growth. We can't (and shouldn't) live in a world where everything is accepted for the sake of acceptance.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:39 AM   #2893
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Quote:
You're missing the point: criticism brings growth. We can't (and shouldn't) live in a world where everything is accepted for the sake of acceptance.
True, you are correct again. But that doesn't mean people need to call other individuals out on ruining the community. He asked why i liked the car, but in a derogatory way like i was an idiot for ever liking it in the first place. And then when i answered he just came back at me and basically said what i was doing is ruining our community. So he can have an opinion or "criticism" but when praise is given it's looked down upon? Cmon now
Old 09-21-2017, 07:21 PM   #2894
jaysgottaredtop
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (7)
jaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enoughjaysgottaredtop will become famous soon enough
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
One of you Cali goobers needs to go pick these up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16x10-alumin...t/332387490639

Old 09-23-2017, 07:22 AM   #2895
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Dorisha | Nagano | Kyusha | Shakotan Style Small Wheel Thread [PICS]

Got my skirts in, waiting to go pick up my navan bumper and still debating on either navan or dorki dori V3 rear valances

Old 09-23-2017, 09:34 AM   #2896
bluecoupe
Leaky Injector

bluecoupe is an unknown quantity at this point
Washed her off today

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
bluecoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 03:09 PM   #2897
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysgottaredtop View Post
One of you Cali goobers needs to go pick these up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16x10-alumin...t/332387490639

Damn these are dope. Want
Old 09-25-2017, 05:35 PM   #2898
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Dorisha | Nagano | Kyusha | Shakotan Style Small Wheel Thread [PICS]

Damn zipties
Old 09-25-2017, 06:06 PM   #2899
feito
Nissanaholic!

yupp, don't forget about the misaligned panels and the sticker bombed windows, yuck... Looks like he's having fun at the track thou, good for him.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:05 PM   #2900
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Quote:
yupp, don't forget about the misaligned panels and the sticker bombed windows, yuck... Looks like he's having fun at the track thou, good for him.

How about you post your car up so everyone here can give you some constructive criticism? I mean shit, I’m sure it’s next to perfect coming from you, no misaligned panels, no zip ties, no stickers I’m sure too. So let’s see it big boi put your money where your mouth is.

Oh and maybe an action picture of you using your car for what it was built for? That would be nice, so if you do track it we can all see that your body stays perfect and never, ever gets beat up or needs zipties to make it through the day. If it’s not a track car, maybe a picture showing that you don’t even fucking drive the damn thing how it should be driven. How about that ?
Old 09-25-2017, 07:22 PM   #2901
feito
Nissanaholic!

Quote:
How about you post your car up so everyone here can give you some constructive criticism? I mean shit, I’m sure it’s next to perfect coming from you, no misaligned panels, no zip ties, no stickers I’m sure too. So let’s see it big boi put your money where your mouth is.

Oh and maybe an action picture of you using your car for what it was built for? That would be nice, so if you do track it we can all see that your body stays perfect and never, ever gets beat up or needs zipties to make it through the day. If it’s not a track car, maybe a picture showing that you don’t even fucking drive the damn thing how it should be driven. How about that ?
Hahahahaha wth man If you wanna see it and criticize so bad you can find it in the kouki thread
Old 09-26-2017, 07:37 AM   #2902
driftsucky
Zilvia FREAK!

driftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond reputedriftsucky has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
How about you post your car up so everyone here can give you some constructive criticism? How about that ?
Not for nothing, but his car is pretty clean. I mean, the hood could use a fresh coat of paint, but the car itself is actually extremely well done. Sorry.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:37 AM   #2903
Bricey

Bricey is an unknown quantity at this point
But wait, there's more...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 01:14 PM   #2904
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricey View Post
But wait, there's more...

The best hatch bro keep em comin!!
Old 09-26-2017, 02:08 PM   #2905
z31andrew
Zilvia Member

Here you go feito criticize away

Currently try to buff the paint out and see what panels I might be able to save before painting the rest of the car. Needs a bunch more mechanical shit before it will ever see a track

Old 09-26-2017, 02:11 PM   #2906
ditchs14
Zilvia Junkie

Old 09-26-2017, 02:34 PM   #2907
jumpman2334
Zilvia FREAK!

jumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud ofjumpman2334 has much to be proud of
I have really come to like this type of styling, it works well with the s13 chassis (that zenki is cool too!). thank you all for convincing me.
jumpman2334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #2908
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Bricey's car isn't bad. His car gets beat on the track, it reflects that. Someone like feito or I would have an OCD fit and want to perfect things after said beatings. Doesn't mean his car is shit.

Once again, I find myself here wishing I could use my Goddamn motherfucking Watanabes motherFUCK.
Old 09-27-2017, 05:42 AM   #2909
Bricey

Bricey is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Bricey's car isn't bad. His car gets beat on the track, it reflects that. Someone like feito or I would have an OCD fit and want to perfect things after said beatings. Doesn't mean his car is shit.

Once again, I find myself here wishing I could use my Goddamn motherfucking Watanabes motherFUCK.

I don't bother with panel gaps etc on the s13 because the road re arranges things anyways. I've got a clean navan s14 I daily and that has good panel gaps etc...

Bricey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:10 PM   #2910
dizzariot
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricey View Post
I don't bother with panel gaps etc on the s13 because the road re arranges things anyways. I've got a clean navan s14 I daily and that has good panel gaps etc...
Yeah man I get it. I know the other guy gets it, too. It's just interesting getting some other members' panties in a bunch haha.