Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items > Cars For Sale

Old 01-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #91
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Like I said I just wwnt to know what makes this guys papers illegal, I am not disputing Vandrels legitimacy, I know who he is.
Btw the comment about haters was directed to the posters in the skylineownersusathread not just him.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2
Old 01-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #92
Knuckshaft
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
Knuckshaft is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The car wasn't 25 yrs old. So it would have to be bonded and have the bond released once it clears. There was no bond on the car. The only way you don't have to have it bonded is if it's 25 yrs or older.
Knuckshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 10:37 AM   #93
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckshaft View Post
The car wasn't 25 yrs old. So it would have to be bonded and have the bond released once it clears. There was no bond on the car. The only way you don't have to have it bonded is if it's 25 yrs or older.
Ummm gracias!
so he got lucky that it slipped by.
Old 01-24-2014, 12:27 PM   #94
Knuckshaft
Leaky Injector

Knuckshaft is an unknown quantity at this point
Yes exactly. I wanted the car if it was legal. Turns out it wasn't.
Knuckshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 07:06 PM   #95
Vandrel
Leaky Injector

Vandrel is on the path to ruinVandrel is on the path to ruinVandrel is on the path to ruin
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
Ummm gracias!
so he got lucky that it slipped by.
This is exactly right. There's many ways these cars get into the country and in the end a lot of it has to do with poorly educated and poorly informed government employees who don't know what to look for. They don't know their own rules and laws and end up signing a customs clearance document for these vehicles when they shouldn't. OR the cars come in as parts and people put them back together.

There's the right way to do and then there's completely illegal. There's no grey area or middle ground.

Knuckshaft is correct, not only do I run the Skyline Owners USA community but I also own a company that imports these cars legally.

There's far too many people out there who don't care about the next guy and well tell them anything just to sell them a car that is dirty as hell and subject to being seized. We see it every year in the community, same thing different person.
Vandrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #96
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-Garage View Post
I feel the need to chime in and recommend both Vandrel and Steven at Rivsu. They both know exactly what they are talking about. If you want a Skyline, just be patient. They are right around the corner. Don't try to work the system. Don't try to sneak one in. Don't import one until after it is 25 years old to the year and month. It's not complicated. If you don't want to deal with importing yourself and don't want to be ripped off deal with a legitimate importer who specializes in these sorts of cars like Rivsu.
pretty glowing recommendation from the "competition".

Much respect for both of you guys. Steve is taking care of my R32 and has been nothing short of an amazing experience. top to bottom he has taken care of everything I have asked and seeing what he has already accomplished for others, made me more than comfortable trusting him to bring my car state side.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #97
Vandrel
Leaky Injector

Vandrel is on the path to ruinVandrel is on the path to ruinVandrel is on the path to ruin
Raising this topic from the dead after a few months. Not Skyline related but import related nonetheless.

http://zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=566750

People will tell you anything to get you to purchase something from them and get your money. Be sure to ask questions if things don't add up. If it's legal it WILL have a huge stack of papers to go with it.

Vandrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 07:35 PM   #98
VIPDRFT
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
VIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura aboutVIPDRFT has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I thought of an interesting question yesterday. Would there be issues with importing a B324R (R32 with Bee*R R34 front end conversion) if the chassis itself met the 25 year rule?
Old 06-18-2014, 08:04 PM   #99
g35gabby
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (26)
g35gabby is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPDRFT View Post
I thought of an interesting question yesterday. Would there be issues with importing a B324R (R32 with Bee*R R34 front end conversion) if the chassis itself met the 25 year rule?
no, it is Vin # to the chassis, and the engine that matter.

Steve had one F/s a while back for 30k in Bright Island blue. was a really clean car
Old 10-22-2014, 03:49 PM   #100
maison

maison is an unknown quantity at this point
thinking of buying a skyline? then buy my RB25 e36!
maison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:05 PM   #101
heychris
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (20)
heychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura aboutheychris has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
@maison.......why would someone do that when the body style matters too....If I wanted a bimmer with a straight 6 I'd buy an s52....

Skylines are a whole different animal...IMHO...much cooler. .(but I likes me some bimmers too)
Ch

Ch

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
heychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:49 AM   #102
Radeon

Radeon is an unknown quantity at this point
Found R33 at the auction https://1bid1.com/search?category=1 . What do you think, is it worth to be regarded?
Radeon is offline   Reply With Quote