Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 12-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #1
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
ashtonroche is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
800+whp 92 Sentra SE-R build!!

Some of you on here know my car and the setups its been through but i figured I would share whats in the works for 2012. Im currently in Afghanistan as a Contractor so ill update as I can. Trying to have everything ready for me when I get back so assembly will go quick and be painless.

New setup in the works and the status of each item and a picture if applicable:

The car is my 1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R that ive owned since May 2007, originally 2 owner rust free in White. I later painted it an Abyss Blue Pearl from an 05 Acura TL. Beautiful color. Its been through a lot of setups over the years but non will amount to what I have in the works. You can search past threads if you want to know more about past setups and 1/4 mile times and so on. Ashtonsser is my user name on Youtube as well w/ plenty of vids there.
On to the setup:
SR20VE sleeved and stepped block by mazworx and also drilled and tapped for their 1/2" headstuds : Block dissasembled, cleaned, packaged, and being shipped to mazworx

SR20VE head w/ Supertech 130 lb seat pressure springs and Titanium retainers, port matched and polished on both the intake and exhaust side to match the manifolds, and using SR16VE N1 cams and CS cam gears set to 0,0 to start, head will be resurfaced for a smooth flat surface and machined to fit the 1/2" studs: Ve head is off and currently untouched. S&R's and headstuds will be coming with the block and the cams I already have.

SR20VE oil pump decked with block: currently on its way with the block to Mazworx
SR20DE 8CW crank micro polished: Currently ready for drop in
SR20DET GTI-R Main bolts: Need to order from Greg V
ACL Race 5 hole main bearings and standard rod bearings: Coming with the motor from Mazworx
SR20DE girdle and pans: Currently have and waiting for use
SR20VE CP 86mm 9:1 pistons w/ upgraded tool steel wrist pins and Manley Turbo Tuff Rods: Ordering from Poor-boys-parts online
SR20VET metal headgasket: Ordering from Greg V
BMC Race custom intake manifold w/ 3L plenum, Q45 TB flange, setup for B16 fuel rail and ID2000 Injectors: Currently painted, prepped, and ready to go

ID2000 injectors for B-series motor: Ordering from Locash Racing
Golden Eagle B series fuel rail in Gold: Currently have and ready to go:
Custom Topmount Turbo manifold: Currently have and needs to have flange switched to a T4

Precision 6766, T4 .81 housing: Currently undecided where im ordering from...Chapnutz1, hook it up. lol.
Tial 38mm wastegate: Currently have
Mezier Electric water pump and blockoff plate: Currently have
Honda civic 3 core radiator w/ Flexalite 1250 cfm slim fan: currently have
Massive SRT4 intercooler 32X12X4 w/ custom v-band inlet and outlet: Ordering off ebay

Tial Q 50mm BOV in Black: Undecided where im ordering it from
04 Se-r Spec V HLSD 6 speed transmission mated to a P12 bellhousing: currently have and Im going to paint it in a wrinkle black.

Competition Clutch custom 6 speed swap Twin Disk setup: currently have

Spec V axles w/ Custom 4X100 b15 hubs mated to b13 knuckles: need to have knuckles machined for b15 bearings.
Sumped stock fuel tank: Ordering sump online and having local shop weld to stock fuel tank.
Weldon 1100-A fuel pump w/ Weldon filters: Ordering online
-8 fuel feed line w/ custom 1/2" hardline to front and -6 return to stock fuel feed line: currently done and on the car
Weldon 0-200 fuel pressure regulator: currently have the correct one from Weldon

Mazworx 6 speed swap mount kit: currently have
AEM EMS and AEM Twinfire CDI box mounted on a custom electronics plate w/ vvl activation relay, ECCS relay, and other associated connectors from gauge wiring to be tied in with the EMS and harness: Currently finished awaiting install
Custom Mil-Spec harness assembled and done by me using Chase Bays Connector Kit: Currently finished awaiting injector clips and install into the car

Electronics include AEM wideband, AEM boost gauge, AEM fuel pressure gauge, Autometer Electronic Oil pressure gauge: currently have all awaiting to install
Custom Up-pipe exiting the Evo 8 Hood vent

Custom cooling plate/upper radiator mount: currently have

Suspension consists of K-sport coilovers w/ preloaded rears set to full stiff dampening and no preload on the fronts at half dampening, ES bushings all the way around, and new ball joints and tie rods: Currently done and on the car
Seats are Recaro Evo 8 seats in blue: waiting to get them from my buddy
10 pt chromoly cage and parachute mount: Gonna be done by Turbo Elements in San Antonio, TX after the new year along with window net, parachute, and release lever and cable. Cage will be certified ready down to 8.50 et's
Interior will remain w/ all door panels, carpet, and dash to compete in True Street category.
Some misc stuff to order from Greg V: new axles seals for the trans, Q45 throttle body w/ pigtail, Misc gaskets and T4 turbo flange.
The engine bay theme will be Matte black w/ Bronze accents.
Wheels: Racing Hart Cybers done up in Bronze w/ Matte Black Lips, 235/60/15 BFG's on the front, 205/50/15 Falkens on the rear
Drag wheels: Weld Racing 13" wheels done in bronze centers w/ Matte black lips w/ M/T 24.5X9X13 slicks basicly brand new mounted w/ Bead lock screws installed: All wheels are currently finished

Currently in the works is an Exospeed 3 piece wide drag front end that will be painted the Abyss Blue Pearl 05 Acura TL color to match the car
CF trunk, lightweight version: currently on the car

Ill try and keep this section updated as well to make it easier since there are usually a lot of posts between updates. Eliminates having to search for pictures.
The Tuning of the car while I usually do all the tuning and work myself and since my last setup Ive learned alot about the AEM and all the functions of it and how to use them but Im no pro. With the Goals of 800+whp at hand I decided to have the hands of one of the best AEM tuners in the country go to work on it, That man is Tony Palo from T1 Race Development in Texas. Having one of the fastest FWD imports in the country the guy knows his stuff and is the perfect guy for the job. I will be overlooking and hopefully working right along with him on the tune to learn even more but it will be primarily in his hands.

Some pics and vids of my last setup which was the t67 h.o. C2 cams, 35psi of boost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aLy3o6rwgU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmu43b34khI

Here is one of the 6 runs at the track, had slick pressure at 10psi and two step too low, 2.0 60ft and bog, spin bog spin bog spin every gear, wasted a lot of time. I later raised the two step 400rpm higher and lowered the slick pressure to 8psi and pulled a 1.61 60ft but thats when i had problems with the fuel pressure dumping and went lean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zlI1O1gkDE

Pics of the car with the wheels on getting ready for the move to Texas.

Enjoy.
ashtonroche is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2011, 03:53 PM   #2
Neon_rain519
Zilvia Member

Neon_rain519 is an unknown quantity at this point
Love it. Great job.
Neon_rain519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 07:04 PM   #3
J90lude
Zilvia Junkie

J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude J90lude
Fack! This thing is beast!
Old 12-21-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
slidesquad240
Leaky Injector

slidesquad240 is an unknown quantity at this point
looks amazing
slidesquad240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #5
Superaison
Leaky Injector

Superaison is an unknown quantity at this point
that is so nasty lol
Superaison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
K_style
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (63)
K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 63 reviews
You crazy speed, horse power freak&junkie Ashton...

I remember almost poop on my pants when I had ride in your car.. LOL

when are you coming home??? MRE taste good lately ? Eric gave me one haha
K_style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:02 AM   #7
RBPOWERED240
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (38)
RBPOWERED240 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 38 reviews
loving this build, and I'm glad your enjoying the manifold ashton. great job on the build.
RBPOWERED240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Peter,

I don't eat MRE's at my site, we actually have real meals here. More German based food because its an all German FOB but yeah still great food.

Yeah im enjoying the manifold. Its gonna get some port work done to it as well to clean up the runners where they attach to the flange just to open it up a bit but its worked great soo far and the flange is already ported out quite large which is the reason the exhaust ports on the VE head are gonna be opened up to match. Gonna take a bit off the bottom and lower half of the walls to match it up to the flange and gasket.

The block is at mazworx now but probably wont be done till after new years, Cage will get done in the middle of January as well and probably be done by beginning of February. So not bad. Everything is falling into place nicely and I wont have to worry about getting anything major done and can assemble the motor and throw everything in the car when I get back.

Peter, I get back May 2nd.

I have the SR2012 Convention in Ohio to make it to June 1st-3rd but ill have plenty of time to get it together and over to Tony at T1 to dyno tune and then hit the strip that night for some dialing in and test runs before the convention. A lot of the old se-r drag cars are getting a whole new makeover and coming out to play for this convention so its gonna need all I can give it and gonna be a blast.
Old 12-22-2011, 01:17 AM   #9
K_style
Post Whore!

K_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfectionK_style is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonroche View Post
Peter,

I don't eat MRE's at my site, we actually have real meals here. More German based food because its an all German FOB but yeah still great food.

Yeah im enjoying the manifold. Its gonna get some port work done to it as well to clean up the runners where they attach to the flange just to open it up a bit but its worked great soo far and the flange is already ported out quite large which is the reason the exhaust ports on the VE head are gonna be opened up to match. Gonna take a bit off the bottom and lower half of the walls to match it up to the flange and gasket.

The block is at mazworx now but probably wont be done till after new years, Cage will get done in the middle of January as well and probably be done by beginning of February. So not bad. Everything is falling into place nicely and I wont have to worry about getting anything major done and can assemble the motor and throw everything in the car when I get back.

Peter, I get back May 2nd.

I have the SR2012 Convention in Ohio to make it to June 1st-3rd but ill have plenty of time to get it together and over to Tony at T1 to dyno tune and then hit the strip that night for some dialing in and test runs before the convention. A lot of the old se-r drag cars are getting a whole new makeover and coming out to play for this convention so its gonna need all I can give it and gonna be a blast.

Real meal sounds much better than MREs.. hope you are doing good !!
Are you moving to Texas or something ?
Old 12-22-2011, 01:25 AM   #10
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Already moved, Wifey moved everything this last weekend.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:04 AM   #11
psychos13
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (13)
psychos13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
clean b13....
Old 12-22-2011, 11:46 AM   #12
K_style
Post Whore!

Quote:
Already moved, Wifey moved everything this last weekend.
No mo Yuma drama ? haha.. man everyone is moving out of there now.

Why Texas ?
Old 12-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #13
mxracerjason
Zilvia Member

mxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura aboutmxracerjason has a spectacular aura about
That some bad ass crazy power. A friend of mine had a 93 s13 coupe with a RB26 DETT tuned making 760 rw hp and 560 lbs tork. It didnt get any traction and I told him he should have put the GTR front drive system in it. My suggestion to you is to try to find a Pulsar GTIR parts car. The rear drive system wth some mods shold easily install into your Sentra and it will launch super hard.
mxracerjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #14
jubee
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
jubee is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
nice to see big HP SR's for a change and not drifting =/. would love to see a video of this car in action.
jubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 05:30 PM   #15
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Thanks guys, there are a bunch of vids of my 650whp t67 h.o. setup on youtube, ashtonsser is my user on there. Just type it in and they should come up. Look for the most recent.

Eh, I dont need to do the AWD, with the changes ahead, I should have no problem cutting 1.5 60 ft's and with the boost by speed option in the AEM i can gradually bring boost in in 2nd and full boost in 3rd and 4th with no problems. Greatly helping with traction.

Ive got a goal of 9's and 150+ mph trap speeds in mind and probably wont take me many passes to hit that goal with that much power. Just a matter of doing the final dialing in of everything and it should be more than attainable. Lets hope. haha
Old 12-22-2011, 05:32 PM   #16
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Peter,

Texas is where my wife and her family are from and my family as well moved back to texas last month so yeah trying to be near close family again and I still have a lot of good friends in Texas as well. Yeah, I got out of Yuma once and went back (still dont know why) and now hopefully im out of there for good.
Old 12-22-2011, 09:47 PM   #17
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
wanna see this out in the up-coming tx2k12!!!!
anthonyr sil8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:05 PM   #18
CrazyLilPunk

CrazyLilPunk is an unknown quantity at this point
the SE-R was my first love and will always have a sweet spot in my heart!
CrazyLilPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:08 PM   #19
anthonyr sil8ty
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
anthonyr sil8ty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Thanks guys, there are a bunch of vids of my 650whp t67 h.o. setup on youtube, ashtonsser is my user on there. Just type it in and they should come up. Look for the most recent.

Eh, I dont need to do the AWD, with the changes ahead, I should have no problem cutting 1.5 60 ft's and with the boost by speed option in the AEM i can gradually bring boost in in 2nd and full boost in 3rd and 4th with no problems. Greatly helping with traction.

Ive got a goal of 9's and 150+ mph trap speeds in mind and probably wont take me many passes to hit that goal with that much power. Just a matter of doing the final dialing in of everything and it should be more than attainable. Lets hope. haha

BOOST BY GEAR such a lovely thing!!!
anthonyr sil8ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #20
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Well im officially the winner of this bad boy right here.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
Decided to switch up my turbo choice to the new Borg Warner S400SX 67mm billet turbo. By far the largest 67mm turbo available on the market and has great reviews. Known to make in the 950-1000whp range at 37-40psi depending on setup. This turbo should give me the powerband im looking for and definitely reach my power goals. Went with the 1.10 T4 divided housing. Ill be running it on my open scroll manifold which has been done and tested and only a slight loss of spool roughly 2-300 rpm slower spool time but still makes the same power overall. Fun stuff.
Just for size comparison, here is the turbo compared to a stock srt4 turbo.
Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #21
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Small update, got my turbo in. Thing is massive to say the least but shouldnt have a problem fitting it or any of that. Also have some changes to some small things.
Im gonna be going with the brand new just came out custom Crower (Not Brian Crower) 1500hp rated Billet steel I-beam rods. These rods use the 19mm wide GTIR main bearings which are staying ACL Race of course instead of the regular SR 17mm bearings. These rods are beefy to say the least.

Another change im making is im ditching the Distributor and using the Mazworx SR20VE hall effect sensor kit. Much more stable digital signal to replace the factory analog signal. Makes for a much more stable ignition timing and when your turning 10k rpm, you need it and every little bit helps. Plus it cleans up the bay quite a bit. I love it. Easy to setup in the AEM and problem free. On to the pics of the turbo.
Some more pics of the monster, on this turbo it definitely looks like the turbine housing is more compact as far as the distance from the t4 flange to the top of the turbine housing compared to my t67 h.o. My t67 had a long runner basicly leading into the turbine wheel where this one while much much wider seems like it has a shorter distance from the flange to the wheel. Which should help clear everything nicely and wont have to move the flange on the manifold down much. Cant wait to test fit it and get it on.

You can see what I mean in this picture of the T67 how tall the housing is from the flange to the top.
Old 01-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #22
Darren
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
Darren is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
jeez, don't get too close to the intake, or get sucked in!

looks like a beast!
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #23
josephin510
Zilvia Junkie

josephin510 is an unknown quantity at this point
Srgod!!!! Crazy insane build
Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 PM   #24
charles13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
charles13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
This is an insane build! Nice work.
charles13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:01 AM   #25
Imarvin240
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (18)
Imarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura aboutImarvin240 has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
haha that turbo must way a $h!t ton! Looks like a sick build so far, keep it up!
Old 01-14-2012, 05:42 PM   #26
tecatematt
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (1)
tecatematt is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
DAMN!
tecatematt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #27
ashtonroche
Zilvia Junkie

Well got some of my big stuff in.
Mazworx sleeved and stepped VE block, 86mm bore and hone.
Mazworx hall sensor kit to eliminate the distributor all together.
Mazworx 1/2" head studs
Supertech 123 lb seat pressure Dual springs w/ Titanium retainers.
ACL Race 5 hole main bearings, STD size
ACL Race GTIR 19mm rod bearings, STD size
Oil pump was decked to match the block and block drilled and tapped for 1/2" studs and oil drain. Looks really good and cant wait to get home and start assembly.

Also my D.O.C. custom topmount T4 turbo manifold is complete fitted with my new JGS 50R 50mm wastegate. Waiting on that to arrive and ill post pics when my wife takes them.
Next big thing is the cage to get done which will be probably end of March. So might be a while for an update except for when my Crower rods arrive with all my other stuff from Greg V.
Old 02-05-2012, 05:46 PM   #28
dreamin240sx
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
dreamin240sx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dreamin240sx
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxracerjason View Post
That some bad ass crazy power. A friend of mine had a 93 s13 coupe with a RB26 DETT tuned making 760 rw hp and 560 lbs tork. It didnt get any traction and I told him he should have put the GTR front drive system in it. My suggestion to you is to try to find a Pulsar GTIR parts car. The rear drive system wth some mods shold easily install into your Sentra and it will launch super hard.

the only issue with this is if you break an axle there almost impossible to find. my bud has a pulsar and it took him 3 months to find an axle.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #29
xshodaimex

xshodaimex is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome thread!! must be one crazy street warrior!
xshodaimex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #30
I<3BEWBZ
Zilvia Member

I<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the roughI<3BEWBZ is a jewel in the rough
When I saw the license plate and realized this is also street driven, I decided you are my hero
I<3BEWBZ is offline   Reply With Quote