Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 08:19 PM   #1
sac
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
S14 nearly done, now i wish i had built a "classic"

Alright, so..
after i have now put +$18,000 into my s14, i just wish i would have built a 67-69 camaro, or mustang. I still love my s14, and well there is not one damn thing wrong with it, but.. now that im a little older, i just kinda want different things.
anyone else feel this way?

like after your project has met your goal, you dont feel your sense of accomplishment, you wish you had a different thing all together..
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
That sucks dude.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #3
Hoffman5982
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (25)
Hoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really niceHoffman5982 is just really nice
Feedback Score: 25 reviews
At least you finished. Most don't get that far
Old 07-14-2011, 08:27 PM   #4
koukisilvia123
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
koukisilvia123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Well i kind of feel the same way, but im only 18 lol i bought a prelude as my first car when i was 16, probably put $3000 into it, lost most of it when i sold it last year in june, bought an s14 for $5000 in july, probably spent around $6000 in mods so far, will probably put another $1500 on paint and wheels, so $7500 into it. I have probably only driven it for 3 months total since ive gotten it... i now want an evo, though i loved the prelude (regret selling it, reliablity ftw) and the s14 (sexy money pit), i could have an evo by now -_-
Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #5
sac
Zilvia Addict

sac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymoresac is not welcome here anymore
yeah..
i have to buy a clutch, (stock one sucks)driveshaft, (sold steel one so i could go aluminum) buy a stereo head unit, and install the seats i just bought
and i am not happy with the current paint, and was considering respaying the exterior. (already media blasted the whole car, did all body work, and painted inside, underneath)
but i just wish i would have done a 67 or 69 mustang really..
maybe i can sell this off, and buy a Dynacorn body and build off that.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:30 PM   #6
Bryants95240sx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Bryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The way I look at it your gonna spend your money on something so mine as well eNjoy what your spending it on. 99 percent of hobbies youll never see a return of the money invested so just enjoy it, you only live once.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:32 PM   #7
sac
Zilvia Addict

its really finished though.. i just.. i am kinda bummed i didnt get that.. accomplishment feeling.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:36 PM   #8
sac
Zilvia Addict

definately sucks.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
nismo 240sx
Zilvia Addict

nismo 240sx has a little shameless behavior in the past
after you drive it and have some fun with it and get alot of complements on it..your feelings might change...from your avatar it looks like an ls1 so you got the best of both worlds handling and speed! it everything you wanted and it will make you be a lil kid again!
Old 07-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
sac
Zilvia Addict

i have drove it, and got the compliments. but.. still its not.. what i want..
id trade it strait across for a 67-69 mustang or a 67-69 camaro that was rust free, with no motor..
Old 07-14-2011, 08:50 PM   #11
koukisilvia123
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (18)
koukisilvia123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
The compliments is definately an ego boost that makes me want my car more lol, and the fact that its "built, not bought".

And get the camaro, not mustang
Old 07-14-2011, 08:51 PM   #12
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Your obviously not happy with it dude. Sell it or trade...
Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #13
Shadowhunter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (10)
Shadowhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Do what makes you happy. I'm all about the feeling I get from driving my cars. It's just like a relationship if the passion just is not there then there's really no point.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:55 PM   #14
sac
Zilvia Addict

yeah, i think if i could sell it for the cost of a dynacorn body, id sell it.
otherwise, i will just keep it
Old 07-14-2011, 09:01 PM   #15
adam s
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
adam s is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
A study was published recently showing that people who had finally achieved long term goals often found themselves feeling disappointed or let down, even though they had actually completed what they set out to do.

The feeling is similar in a sense to buyer's remorse.

The journey or adventure that precedes and accompanies the goal is often times the most exciting and fun part, and after completion we often feel let down, lonely, or empty.

Sell the s14 and build a different car. (Easier said than done, I'm sure.)
Old 07-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #16
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
pics of this s14 with 18 grand into it

i'll tell you what to fix with it and then it will make you happy
Old 07-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #17
nathanong87
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (6)
nathanong87 is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
yea i'm so over mid nineties nissan sports car
Old 07-14-2011, 09:22 PM   #18
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Almost there in the money game and as I get older I just wish I had more money to spend so I could say done, boring. But I guess that's what holds my interest for the vehicle.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #19
DM Sims

DM Sims is an unknown quantity at this point
How often do you anticipate the completion of a project or a release of a product and once you have it, you feel it isn't what you expected or hoped for.

I'm glad you saw your car through to the finish but I'm sorry it doesn't fulfill your desire. But at least now if you want a different car you have a nice 14g bargaining chip.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #20
sac
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0apgun View Post
pics of this s14 with 18 grand into it

i'll tell you what to fix with it and then it will make you happy
Its not hard to put that kinda money into a car man. Not when you buy quality parts and not knock offs. Especially when you media blast your car and repaint the entire thing.

I dont really need to post pictures to impress a bunch of people i will probably never meet.. lol im not the type of guy that cares too much what others think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam s View Post
A study was published recently showing that people who had finally achieved long term goals often found themselves feeling disappointed or let down, even though they had actually completed what they set out to do.

The feeling is similar in a sense to buyer's remorse.

The journey or adventure that precedes and accompanies the goal is often times the most exciting and fun part, and after completion we often feel let down, lonely, or empty.

Sell the s14 and build a different car. (Easier said than done, I'm sure.)
ya, kinda some of this, and also.. the knowledge that i will never get near what i have into it back, and then not wanting to destroy what i have created. it just sucks.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:34 PM   #21
Bryants95240sx
Zilvia Addict

Bryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the roughBryants95240sx is a jewel in the rough
I think getting there is all the fun, like a video game once you beat all the levels what's left to enjoy.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:39 PM   #22
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Why don't you sell your fancy FR500C and buy a an old Mustang/Camaro with that money, Mr. Engineer?

WOOOO WOOOOOOO!!!

Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.

Last edited by soreballz; 07-14-2011 at 10:13 PM..
Old 07-14-2011, 09:40 PM   #23
sac
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryants95240sx View Post
I think getting there is all the fun, like a video game once you beat all the levels what's left to enjoy.
well, there is the driving, and making stock vettes, and stock shelby mustangs look ridiculous is always fun, and when the clutch arrives tomorrow or monday, and my driveshaft is done (probably tomorrow) its definately gonna be fun..
its just not what i want anymore.
i want something that will hold its value, but yet still be fun.
this car wont hold shit for value..
ugh.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:43 PM   #24
sac
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by soreballz View Post
Why don't you sell your fancy FR500C and buy a an old Mustang/Camaro with that money, Mr. Conductor?

WOOOO WOOOOOOO!!!
i never said i was a conductor.
i have operated locomotives with rail cars attached to them for 3 years, however i went a different career path once i completed my degree.

do you always bring up shit from 3 years past when you talk to people?
Old 07-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #25
redss
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
redss is making a name for him/her selfredss is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac View Post
Alright, so..
after i have now put +$18,000 into my s14, i just wish i would have built a 67-69 camaro, or mustang. I still love my s14, and well there is not one damn thing wrong with it, but.. now that im a little older, i just kinda want different things.
anyone else feel this way?

like after your project has met your goal, you dont feel your sense of accomplishment, you wish you had a different thing all together..

Show us what you have accomplished.

Let us be the judge.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #26
lflkajfj12123

Trader Rating: (20)
lflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfectionlflkajfj12123 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
thats cool man

i just wanted to check out your King of Dope S14
Old 07-14-2011, 09:51 PM   #27
tanman_s13

tanman_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah i just finished my s14 and im 15k deep and i want to sell it, even though i know im gonna lose, but i'd like to start another project.
Old 07-14-2011, 09:56 PM   #28
sac
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by redss View Post
Show us what you have accomplished.

Let us be the judge.
aight..
ill post a pic after i respray it.
it was my first paint job ever, so it didnt turn out too amazing. lol
Old 07-14-2011, 09:58 PM   #29
soreballz
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (22)
soreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfectionsoreballz is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Send a message via AIM to soreballz
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac View Post
i never said i was a conductor.
i have operated locomotives with rail cars attached to them for 3 years, however i went a different career path once i completed my degree.

do you always bring up shit from 3 years past when you talk to people?
Nahh, I just remembered that particular hilarious thread. And I mistyped. Engineer, not conductor.

You never did post pics of that thing, did you?
Last time I checked this is a Zilvia not a fucking group session to deal with self-esteem issues where everyone is a winner and cares about you, your individuality and lack of taste.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:00 PM   #30
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 19 reviews
I just 'finished' my car, I already want to build another one. I don't want to sell my S14 though, I just want to hoard like 8 cars and have them all be completely retarded.

I need a 964, a S30Z, a FD, a Y33, and probably some sort of American car....maybe a 67 barracuda fastback or something. Not to mention a S13 hatch, coupe, zenki S14, and S15.

Then the other part of me wants to sell everything I own and go on a crazy around the world trip where I take as much time as I want. I'd probably be set for at least 6 months.

Instagram - SJKnoop
Closed Thread