Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Chat

Chat General Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 06-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #6541
jesse_s13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (5)
jesse_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by penco View Post
I'm not 100% sure so i decided to double check. Are the thrust bearing's from a 91 to 94 SE-R (or any year) compatible with the thrust bearings from my red top? And on a side note we should have a small questions thread.
Read the title of this thread.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #6542
S14DB
AFC #1

Trader Rating: (3)
S14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfectionS14DB is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nismoracingsx View Post
Ok, been piling up some parts for my turbo.
Just got a second smic in the mail that I wanted to use for some bits and pieces.
Took the hose off of the smic for the bov and saw this weird metal cylinder in there...my other smic does not have this piece, what is it for or is it some stupid thing the previous owner stuck in there?
Looks like the VC to intake breather tube for the PCV system.
Old 06-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #6543
jdmjap808
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jdmjap808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just bought a set of NGK BKR7E11's from napas and the gap is at .47 what should i do? Ive looked and the gap is supposed to be pre set to .44. Should i re gap them or is this normal?
jdmjap808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #6544
edmorl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (24)
edmorl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 24 reviews
would a s14 ka24de p/s pump fit an s13 ka24de ?
edmorl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:17 PM   #6545
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmjap808 View Post
Just bought a set of NGK BKR7E11's from napas and the gap is at .47 what should i do? Ive looked and the gap is supposed to be pre set to .44. Should i re gap them or is this normal?
?What Engine do you have

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 11:18 PM   #6546
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorl View Post
would a s14 ka24de p/s pump fit an s13 ka24de ?
Ever tried google?

The answer is yes.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 06-19-2011, 12:00 AM   #6547
singlecamslam
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
singlecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymoresinglecamslam is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Does the rb25det shifter assembly use the same clips to hold it in place as a ka? I have one clip on my tranny and i dont see any other grooves for more clips, shifter wont stay in place. Try
Old 06-19-2011, 01:36 AM   #6548
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
how hard would it be to replace the valve seals on an s13 ka-de without pulling off the head. I just took it off and don't wanna have to get another gasket set if i dont have to
Old 06-19-2011, 01:45 AM   #6549
jdmjap808
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
jdmjap808 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry my question was answered by a friend. Sorry
jdmjap808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:04 AM   #6550
nismoracingsx
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (32)
nismoracingsx is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by S14DB View Post
Looks like the VC to intake breather tube for the PCV system.
Its the rubber pipe off of my smic, I just wanna know what the metal thing in there is for...
Old 06-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #6551
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (11)
Ramonesfreak2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
I'm planning on doing a battery relocation, but what do I do about the connections that are on the positive terminal????
Ramonesfreak2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #6552
Fearell
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
Fearell is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
What are these two connectors on my SR harness?

Old 06-19-2011, 09:55 AM   #6553
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

That 2nd connector looks like the ones for the fuel injectors.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:23 AM   #6554
hartig
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
hartig is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
so i'm going to be swapping in a new clutch in my redtop this week.. do i need anything else besides what comes with the clutch (alignment tool, pilot bearing) and some fluid?
i guess i'm trying to ask.. do i need anything small like new flywheel bolts or anything of that sort? i do know that i have to get my flywheel resurfaced..
hartig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #6555
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartig View Post
so i'm going to be swapping in a new clutch in my redtop this week.. do i need anything else besides what comes with the clutch (alignment tool, pilot bearing) and some fluid?
i guess i'm trying to ask.. do i need anything small like new flywheel bolts or anything of that sort? i do know that i have to get my flywheel resurfaced..
Technically the flywheel bolts are one time use (torque to yield)...having said that, most do not bother getting new ones.

Clutch kit should come with it all, don't forget some anti seize for the pivot ball/input shaft/throw out bearing slide.

Old 06-19-2011, 01:40 PM   #6556
Import Convert
Leaky Injector

Import Convert is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey guys I've got an odd question. I've searched and can't seem to get any info on it so...my question is. Is there any way to increase the tension on my trunk lift rods? This is for an S14 with SE wing. When I pull the lever in the car the trunks clicks and is able to be opened. It just doesn't lift up. It doesn't really want to stay up very well either. Thanks!
Import Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #6557
Steinkrunk
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
Steinkrunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
is it a trunk that didn't have a wing on it before? Or is the car not an SE? The pistons may be valved for a wingless trunk and the extra weight from the wing might be just enough to make it not want to pop up and stay up.

Other than that, I would try replacing them. They're probably blown out or something. How does it sound when you open the trunk?
Steinkrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:24 PM   #6558
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
they aren't gas struts he's talking about, they're the metal tension rods under the rear deck from what I'm reading. Not sure about how to adjust those though... If I had my car handy I'd try to figure it out for you.

My question is kinda random, but does anyone know if Nissan dealerships still sell the rear 'NISSAN' vinyl for the S13's? Mine just got out of paint, and I can't seem to find an OEM decal. (again, not looking for the 240SX or Silvia badges, just the "NISSAN" decal under the tail light) Thanks in advance.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:35 PM   #6559
RyanS13
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (14)
RyanS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Spool View Post
My question is kinda random, but does anyone know if Nissan dealerships still sell the rear 'NISSAN' vinyl for the S13's? Mine just got out of paint, and I can't seem to find an OEM decal. (again, not looking for the 240SX or Silvia badges, just the "NISSAN" decal under the tail light) Thanks in advance.
Last I checked they do have it. I checked it out about a year ago I was gonna get the nissan sticker thing that goes on the back hatch. I forgot how much they said it would be though.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:43 PM   #6560
nikkisixx69
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (12)
nikkisixx69 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
are 180sx and s15 turbo elbows the same as s14 turbo elbows?? i understand s14 and s14a elbows are diffrent but what about 180sx and s15 elbows?? would they fit my s14? im also talking about uprated ones!

oh and engine im talking about is the sr20det
Old 06-19-2011, 05:47 PM   #6561
Z_Spool
Zilvia FREAK!

Z_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura aboutZ_Spool has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanS13 View Post
Last I checked they do have it. I checked it out about a year ago I was gonna get the nissan sticker thing that goes on the back hatch. I forgot how much they said it would be though.
Yeah, I found it. West Covina Nissan has it for $16.54 on their OEM parts site, thanks.
Z_Spool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #6562
kevmeistah21
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (68)
kevmeistah21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 68 reviews
Send a message via AIM to kevmeistah21
Some turbos have built in divider plates, make sure your elbow doesn't have a divider plate built in, or vice versa.
Late Night Crew... #02 <3

Bought anything from me? Please leave me a review!

http://zilvia.net/f/private-sellers/...meistah21.html
kevmeistah21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 05:59 PM   #6563
Import Convert
Leaky Injector

Import Convert is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steinkrunk View Post
is it a trunk that didn't have a wing on it before? Or is the car not an SE? The pistons may be valved for a wingless trunk and the extra weight from the wing might be just enough to make it not want to pop up and stay up.

Other than that, I would try replacing them. They're probably blown out or something. How does it sound when you open the trunk?
Z_Spool;they aren't gas struts he's talking about, they're the metal tension rods under the rear deck from what I'm reading. Not sure about how to adjust those though... If I had my car handy I'd try to figure it out for you.

It's a base with SE options. The wing being one of them. Ya no pistons here. Just simple metal tension rods. If you have any ides on how to adjust the tension on them I'm all ears. Thanks for replying so quickly though

Last edited by Import Convert; 06-19-2011 at 08:13 PM.. Reason: typo
Import Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #6564
towlie
Post Whore!

towlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nicetowlie is just really nice
Came across some 5zigs on the cheap, only problem is one of em is all fucked up, big ol chunk outta the rear.

Found a thread regarding
cracked 57D-fixes?

Based on that gramlight it's defiantly repairable lmao

Anyone have a legit wheel repair shop they cam reccommend ? Link also describes Brian Hop as being the go to guy, anyone have an email or contact info? Otherwise I'll just take it to a local shindig that does warrenties

Last edited by towlie; 06-19-2011 at 11:13 PM..
towlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:11 AM   #6565
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiboy002 View Post
how hard would it be to replace the valve seals on an s13 ka-de without pulling off the head. I just took it off and don't wanna have to get another gasket set if i dont have to
Pull head off, and do it right. Half assing it just sets you up for failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by towlie View Post
Came across some 5zigs on the cheap, only problem is one of em is all fucked up, big ol chunk outta the rear.

Anyone have a legit wheel repair shop they cam reccommend ? Link also describes Brian Hop as being the go to guy, anyone have an email or contact info? Otherwise I'll just take it to a local shindig that does warrenties
Wheel Collision Center Bath PA- Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Sales & Alloy Wheel Rim Straightening Repair Refinishing & Recycling! - Excellence in Refinished/Used Factory OEM Aluminum Alloy Wheel Rim Sales & Allo

Old 06-20-2011, 07:50 AM   #6566
Ramonesfreak2010
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramonesfreak2010 View Post
I'm planning on doing a battery relocation, but what do I do about the connections that are on the positive terminal????
Anyone???????
Old 06-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #6567
chiboy002
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
chiboy002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
Pull head off, and do it right. Half assing it just sets you up for failure.
shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
fine
Old 06-21-2011, 06:08 AM   #6568
zombiewolf513
BANNED

Trader Rating: (6)
zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513 zombiewolf513
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Anyone know what kind of fittings the s13 a/c compressor high pressure line uses?
Maybe even the '02 LS1 compressor too?
zombiewolf513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #6569
yomisiu
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (16)
yomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her selfyomisiu is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
A s14 Kouki dash would fit fine in a Zenki right? But you'd have to get the Kouki gauge cluster (aren't they different?)
yomisiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #6570
VNG704
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
VNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond reputeVNG704 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkisixx69 View Post
are 180sx and s15 turbo elbows the same as s14 turbo elbows?? i understand s14 and s14a elbows are diffrent but what about 180sx and s15 elbows?? would they fit my s14? im also talking about uprated ones!

oh and engine im talking about is the sr20det
If you're talking about aftermarket elbows for stock s13-s15 turbos, yes, they are interchangable. I've ran the same greddy elbow for a stock t25 and a stock t28 s15 turbo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomisiu View Post
A s14 Kouki dash would fit fine in a Zenki right? But you'd have to get the Kouki gauge cluster (aren't they different?)
The dashes should be interchangable. It's not necessary to get a kouki gauge cluster to match.

Ramonesfreak2010, The wires that are connected to the positive terminal? Trace them back. If they don't go anywhere, take them out. If they go to something, connect them to power.
VNG704 is offline   Reply With Quote