Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 08-26-2008, 07:30 AM   #421
Firestorm
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (0)
Firestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond reputeFirestorm has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to Firestorm
since i want to run a 2871 .64 i figured i'd ask here.

is a MHG absolutely neccessary when running about 320 HP on a SR?

as for injectors, should i run 550s or 740? i was planning 740s to keep the duty cycle as low as possible.
Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #422
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
s13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to s13envy Send a message via AIM to s13envy Send a message via MSN to s13envy Send a message via Yahoo to s13envy
a buddy of mine ran stock HG with a t3 turbo at 20psi for over a year as a daily driver.

if you plan on doing more power then go 740's. if you think you'll be happy at mid 300's then no reason not to use 550's. i did right at 400whp on 550's but that was pushing them pretty good.
s13envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 01:55 PM   #423
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 58 reviews
Send a message via AIM to codyace
The C1 to S3 statement does contradict to a point. I'm looking at things now with building a valvetrain for the car. With the higher rpm, the C1's will have the same power, but even more top end. JWT/Clark is a cam voodoo god, and essentially said they are the way to go for what I'm looking to do.

PS: I loved that old article...what a favorite of the sr20forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
You MUST match cam duration/or power band effectiveness to the compressor you are using.
You cannot fight the turbo. The turbo will want to make power about 1000 rpms after you get full spool on your turbo on sr20s (and a lot of other smaller 4 cylinder engines with similar heads).

I would suggest going with the flow.
We're like brothers. How did the DNI stuff go, you drunken foolio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveShadows
If you have a GT30R for example lots of lift and moderate duration

If you have a 2871R for example moderate lift and moderate duration

If you have a GT35R for example aggressive lift and aggressive duration

If you have a GT4088R for example aggressive lift and very aggressive dur.

and so on and so on.
But that's not what StupidStreet advertises haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
so would it be better with hks 264 step 2s lol
Yes. All day, everyday, everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13envy View Post
a buddy of mine ran stock HG with a t3 turbo at 20psi for over a year as a daily driver.

if you plan on doing more power then go 740's. if you think you'll be happy at mid 300's then no reason not to use 550's. i did right at 400whp on 550's but that was pushing them pretty good.
400 whp on 550 injectors has got to be over 100% DC lol.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:00 PM   #424
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
850's for an idle so silky smooth, your pants feel buttery.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:32 PM   #425
purekoryo
Leaky Injector

purekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud of
you know.... I think everyone is making too much of a big deal to a certain extent on how the cams affect the lag of the powerband...Now, if you go to a big cam where you have to upgrade your valvetrain, then yes, you will lose some low end, but if you are talking about tomei 256's vs. hks 264 step 1's or jwt S3's and S4's, i think they are negligable assuming the same turbo. In other words, from experience, GT2871r .86 is NOTICEABLY laggier than GT2871r .64 vs. the cams I mentioned above, if that makes sense. All in all, I am VERY happy with my setup. From my experience, GT2871r .86 with S3's REALLY sucked vs. my current setup of GT2871r with .64 housing and S4 cams.
purekoryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #426
flamebag16
BANNED

flamebag16 will become famous soon enoughflamebag16 will become famous soon enoughflamebag16 will become famous soon enough
i just bought 740cc nismo injectors gt2871r bla bla bla im looking for a way to tune it enthalpy wont respond and jim wolf says 3-5 weeks any alternatives
flamebag16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:36 PM   #427
purekoryo
Leaky Injector

purekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud ofpurekoryo has much to be proud of
definitely go with 740's. you will regret it if you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
since i want to run a 2871 .64 i figured i'd ask here.

is a MHG absolutely neccessary when running about 320 HP on a SR?

as for injectors, should i run 550s or 740? i was planning 740s to keep the duty cycle as low as possible.
purekoryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 10:55 PM   #428
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (18)
WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 18 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to WoolyS14DET
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamebag16 View Post
i just bought 740cc nismo injectors gt2871r bla bla bla im looking for a way to tune it enthalpy wont respond and jim wolf says 3-5 weeks any alternatives

AEM ??? Apexi power fc ???? to name a few
WoolyS14DET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:27 PM   #429
WA_Sileighty

WA_Sileighty is an unknown quantity at this point
everyone will shun you as i have been dealing with :-(
but pretty happy with emanage ultimate (covers face as people throw things)

seriously, i set it up well enough to drive it to the dyno and he got it tuned pretty quick, car runs well with 740s and a z32 mafs
WA_Sileighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:13 AM   #430
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBEEWON View Post
I have to agree! I got 855's and soooo smooth!

I was the first to ever do an 850 cc injector tune with JWT (for SR20)according to the owner.
they flow tested them before tunning my ecu and they were all actually 855 cc
Old 08-27-2008, 08:17 AM   #431
OBEEWON
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
OBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond reputeOBEEWON has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe╚╗14 View Post
I have to agree! I got 855's and soooo smooth!

I was the first to ever do an 850 cc injector tune with JWT (for SR20)according to the owner.
they flow tested them before tunning my ecu and they were all actually 855 cc

Which ones are you using? Im using Sards, I love em so much I named my baby Sard.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:32 AM   #432
s13envy
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
s13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nices13envy is just really nice
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to s13envy Send a message via AIM to s13envy Send a message via MSN to s13envy Send a message via Yahoo to s13envy
anyone know where i can pick up some 850cc sards? i'm lookin to switch from my 810cc deatschwerks tto some sards

codyace - i know i was pushing the 555's, but what i also dont understand is how my buddy was using nismo 555's and somehow made 520whp on them using greddy emanage blue. they had to be modified or something.
s13envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:26 PM   #433
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

WoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond reputeWoolyS14DET has a reputation beyond repute
520hp on Nismo 555cc ??? WOW I know for a fact that the Nismo 555cc injectors actuall flow 600cc so keep that in mind. I running the Nismo 555cc and I will be going to the dyno real soon. (GT2871 .64 JWT C1 cams, JWT ECM)
Old 08-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #434
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
^ man....no dyno as yet.........you're killing me....lol
Old 08-27-2008, 01:38 PM   #435
WoolyS14DET
Zilvia FREAK!

^^^Sorry bro I been super busy and haven't had a chance !!
Old 08-27-2008, 03:01 PM   #436
rc1honda
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (5)
rc1honda is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Wow this thread is kinda worrying me. All im reading is buy the 2871 .86 if you want turbo lag and less power. It just doesnt make sense. Im going to the dyno on Sept 4th but i don't have the mods yet to pull 400hp. Maybe when i get the engine really dialed in i can post again with the results. It just doent make sense.
rc1honda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #437
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Which ones are you using? Im using Sards, I love em so much I named my baby Sard.
Sard also! loving em too!
Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 PM   #438
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
Still debating between gt-rs style and t04s... I did some research on turbobygarrett.com, and it appears (from my calculations) that the difference in trim from 56 to 52 trim means that the inducers are different sizes,

t04s = 74.83 mm inducer
gt-rs = 72.11 mm inducer

So the question now is, does that 2.5mm make a HUGE diffference?

Quote:
All other factors held constant, a higher trim wheel will flow more than a smaller trim wheel.

However, it is important to note that very often all other factors are not held constant. So just because a wheel is a larger trim does not necessarily mean that it will flow more.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:27 PM   #439
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
Quote:
As long as your tuner knows how to set up the ms or lag time properly...

otherwise it's a boat ride from hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjabread View Post
Still debating between gt-rs style and t04s... I did some research on turbobygarrett.com, and it appears (from my calculations) that the difference in trim from 56 to 52 trim means that the inducers are different sizes,

t04s = 74.83 mm inducer
gt-rs = 72.11 mm inducer

So the question now is, does that 2.5mm make a HUGE diffference?
2.5mm is a lot when your talking inducer imo
Old 09-05-2008, 01:04 PM   #440
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

s15specR is making a name for him/her selfs15specR is making a name for him/her self
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve shadows View Post
As long as your tuner knows how to set up the ms or lag time properly...

otherwise it's a boat ride from hell

2.5mm is a lot when your talking inducer imo

I went with the 56 trim, breaking in engine right now, so tune and dyno will follow shortly, what trim do you suggest or had the most success with ?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:09 PM   #441
Ninjabread
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (2)
Ninjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfectionNinjabread is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Ninjabread Send a message via MSN to Ninjabread
ya, I suppose, and its not THAT hard to make the t04s fit, really its a coupler for hte intake pipe, and a 90* reducing coupler, thats it...
Old 09-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #442
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

mine fit well, I used a 45deg reducer instead of a 90 though.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #443
codyace
Post Whore!

codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Well I have some results for my first time at the drag strip with DR's. Got 4 runs in, first two were garbage, but my best was an 11.65, with a 1.80 60'. That's with no launch control, and me being scared to slip the clutch to long, and essentially a road race alignment on the car. I'm pretty happy for my first real time out.

Some of my drag friends thing the car has an easy 1.7x in it, and will be even faster with a better launch control. I can't wait to get my meth pump back from Aquamist and see if I can improve with that, and or crank the boost a few psi to see what she does. I'm certain the car has a low 11 in it with a better driver. Not to bad for a .64 housing huh? hehe.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
Old 09-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #444
anyotherone
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (8)
anyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to beholdanyotherone is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Very nice Cody - what does your car weigh? And your dyno sheet isn't showing up for me, what kind of power are you putting down, 400whp or so?
anyotherone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #445
codyace
Post Whore!

Around 3000 lbs with me in it. It's dyno'd right around 400 whp now, 2 years in a row. I hope to redyno it in the next month or so. As always, this car isn't a drag racing car by ANY stretch...I'm a grip baby

Old 09-15-2008, 12:30 PM   #446
idahotuner
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
idahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond reputeidahotuner has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to idahotuner Send a message via MSN to idahotuner
im a garage baby lol. caue that is where my car has sat for most of the summer. chasing down stupid little bugs.
idahotuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:34 PM   #447
s15specR
Zilvia FREAK!

^ thats what you sign up for when you start tinkering under the hood buddy....
Old 09-15-2008, 12:40 PM   #448
1cleanS13
Leaky Injector

1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future
Getting mine re-tuned on E85 thursday morning. I'm hoping for near 400whp. Will post the new chart when I have it.

Previous #'s were 315whp + 290wtq at 1 bar on 91 pump.
1cleanS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:11 PM   #449
codyace
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cleanS13 View Post
Getting mine re-tuned on E85 thursday morning. I'm hoping for near 400whp. Will post the new chart when I have it.

Previous #'s were 315whp + 290wtq at 1 bar on 91 pump.

I wish E85 was more available at times near me

Old 09-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #450
1cleanS13
Leaky Injector

1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future1cleanS13 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I wish E85 was more available at times near me
Yeah, there are only 2 places in my area that sell it at the pump but since I don't daily the s13 anymore its not a big deal to me. I've heard nothing but great things from local people using E85 so far. People say the car just overall runs way smoother & cooler temp wise which is nice since I'm in Phoenix.
1cleanS13 is offline   Reply With Quote