Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 01-24-2018, 11:12 PM   #1
Pixel6

Trader Rating: (0)
Pixel6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
91 JDM Silvia axles - need source.

Hiys guys, I’m finishing up my rear subframe rebuild, (ditching the super HICAS, so using a USDM subframe) and decided to go with my stock LSD rather than the open diff we welded. The welded diff is 3x2 bolt pattern, and my LSD is 5x1 bolt pattern. Pic attached is the subframe build, with the axles for the welded diff. So, looking for the other axles.

I’ve been looking for some time, but can’t seem to source a set of remanufactured axles with the 5x1 bolt pattern. Can anyone point me to a source that has these?

Again, I need the 5 bolt pattern rear differential cv axles (L+R) on a 91 Silvia with a LSD

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg B3CFBD8A-1BC2-4925-889D-F4377AB6B245.jpeg (498.6 KB, 16 views)
Pixel6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2018, 07:48 AM   #2
jedi03
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (8)
jedi03 is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Doesn't the q45 have the 5 bolt? its been a while since I looked...I personally swapped the output shafts on the diff for the USDM s13 ones to run any available axle I could...
jedi03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 08:00 AM   #3
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There is a handful on ebay. Swap output shafts, or the diff to usdm ones.
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 10:26 AM   #4
TheRealSy90
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (10)
TheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant futureTheRealSy90 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
The open (now welded) diff output shaft do not work correctly in the vlsd housing that he has in his differential.

You could however swap the inner cv's from your 5 bolt axles onto the rebuilt 6 bolt axles, the shafts are the same.
TheRealSy90 is offline   Reply With Quote