Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
jarret95

Trader Rating: (0)
jarret95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ka24det questions

hey guys so i got a couple questions but first i wanna explain some stuff. alright so i just bought a 93 240sx coupe with a ka24de but it has a godspeed turbo kit on it with a xo2 manafold and tial 38mm external wastegate diamond racing wheels mishimoto rad and im not sure the brand of coilovers. the car is basicly rusted out theres rust whole in the side skirts and right through the inner fenders. im basicly going to use the car for parts. im buying another 93 hatch next month and its mint. has about 300 k tho but the guy said the engine was rebuilt and has about 147 on it so im wondering if its worth it/ safe to swap over the turbo kit onto the new 240 that im getting. im already planning on putting the coilovers, rims, rad, z32 maf, and a few other stuff. so i just want some info on if its safe or not or if its even worth it. im planning on going s14 blacktop vvt next winter.
jarret95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
desertKAdrifter
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (10)
desertKAdrifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I would do a compression test first, maybe even before buying the car. I will also drive it stock for a little while to make sure there is no existing problems with the engine or tranny.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
jarret95

Trader Rating: (0)
jarret95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
yea that is my plan once i get it is to do a compression test. the guy is really nice hes flushing all the fluids and putting new stuff in, i just want to hear some peoples opinons on what i should do being that my plan is going to be going for a blacktop vvt this fall or winter
jarret95 is offline   Reply With Quote