Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 07-01-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Flicktitty
1UZFE into S-Chassis

It doesn't seem like it is done too much here stateside seems more in other parts of the world.

Anyone have any HARD information on what is needed with this swap?
Does anyone make a motor/trans mount kit for these? i've looked around a little and can't seem to find any that are for sale, there all just custom one off kits.

I have someone who can do the wiring on the car, i just don't have the fabrication skills to make the motor mounts.

any year 1UZ's better then other years? i know a few companies that make performance parts for them. i don't plan to make a whole bunch of power out of it, just something that will be fun and reliable. and i'd like to keep with the Toyota powered Nissan stuff lol.
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #2
raz0rbladez909
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
raz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond reputeraz0rbladez909 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
from what i recall there is not a real aftermarket for it, it only comes auto, and really costs too much for a motor thats not really performance oriented, just seems like a bad idea unless you have really good fab skills or a shop to get something like this started

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeBHR View Post
How do people still not know that there are so many assholes here? If they joined before 05-06, They are gonna be an asshole. Almost guaranteed.
raz0rbladez909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:16 PM   #3
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Flicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to beholdFlicktitty is a splendid one to behold
Well, there is a aftermarket for these, they make stuff for the heads (valves,springs,retainers,etc) they do camshafts,pistons,rods,Individual throttle bodies,etc. so there is a good amount, also they make adapter plates to run the V160/R154/W58/Z33 6spd,etc. so it would could be 5/6speed if need be.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
Mangudai
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Mangudai is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I believe there is a member on FA that has this swap, I also know of an Australian website that sells aftermarket parts for it.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
dontxploitme
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (27)
dontxploitme is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
1uz in an s chassis sounds like gold to me. full of win. and 1uz's are actually kinda cheap too bad i don't have any info on that for you but good luck if you try
dontxploitme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:50 PM   #6
VQMaxFan
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (3)
VQMaxFan is on a distinguished road
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
There should be a guy on nico with it. I remember a few years ago i went to one of the nopi shows and at the nico booth there was a 1UZ swapped car. Lol 90% of the people didn't know what engine it was.
VQMaxFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:53 PM   #7
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

i have found alot of parts for the motor/trans/etc. i'm just looking for any info on putting it in the actual car. i pretty much just wanna do a mid 300whp 1UZ and that kind of power in a SC/LS really isn't gonna move the car too good. so why not put it in a S-Chassis.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #8
jr_ss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (35)
jr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond reputejr_ss has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jr_ss
Check out tamparacing.com, scroll down in the forums section to Nissan and go into the build thread. There's a member named AgentAndy that just did this very swap into an S13.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #9
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Just going to bump this thread.

As i have been doing alot of research over the last few months on doing this setup. i think come this spring i will be pulling the trigger on doing this build, so look forward to that coming later.

anyway. I found that the connecting rods are the major differance between the years of the 1UZ

judging by that picture the 89-94 has the strongest OE rods, and that is what most of the people who do this motor in other cars use, But the the 89-94 1UZ-FE is rated at 250hp and 260tq. well i'm not going to go too crazy on this build so i was hoping for some more horsepower from the get go, so i think i will be going with the 1997+ 1UZ-FE with VVTi with 300hp and 310tq. and do a custom set of headers/exhaust/intake and a tune. should be sufficient.

i found that there is a guy in Flordia who is making a swap kit so i will be going with that one i do believe.

just wondering if anyone else has since done this or done any more research on the 1UZ? maybe we can make this a 1uz-s-chassis help thread?
Old 12-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #10
DAPekboosted

DAPekboosted is an unknown quantity at this point
if people are serious about this swap, heres the link to convert to a manual tranny. these guys have a kit for the w58 tranny and i belive there almost done with the kit for a r154. News
DAPekboosted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #11
repda916
Zilvia Addict

repda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymore
from Ultimate 1uzfe W58 Conversion Thread! (LOTS OF PICS!) - Club Lexus Forums

Main Parts

1uzfe W58 Swap Kit (Quantum-Auto.com) includes the following
-Adapter Plate
-Flywheel (Steel or Aluminum depending how deep your pockets are)
-Pressure Plate
-Full Face DF Clutch
-Clutch Lines
-Howe Bearing Spacer
-Alignment Tool
-Pilot Bearing
-Bolt Kit
-OEM Flywheel bolts

Custom trans/Motor mount for S13

Parts you need to source
W58 Transmission from a MK4 Supra OR SC300 - Any year - DO NOT USE AN MK3 Supra W58 unless you know what you are getting yourself into!
Howe 82870 Throwout Bearing

adapter plate to the W58

Take the Automatic bellhousing from the transmission that you just removed and bolt it to the adapter plate. You will see where you have to grind the bellhousing for the couple of bolts that are in the way and part of the front seal cover.

the spacer from the kit

repda916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:33 PM   #12
Tantwoforty
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (20)
Tantwoforty is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 20 reviews
the fab work isint too hard just find a local shop to do it.
thats a great engine
Tantwoforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:43 PM   #13
shiftdrift
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (42)
shiftdrift is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
great engine man! would be a nasty car. you parting out the 2j s13 ?
Old 12-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #14
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantwoforty View Post
the fab work isint too hard just find a local shop to do it.
thats a great engine
Yeah, i have considered asking a few local places. i will see what they say and report back, maybe with any luck he would make copies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftdrift View Post
great engine man! would be a nasty car. you parting out the 2j s13 ?
No sir, the 2JZ S13 is actually getting swapped into a NICER s13 and getting rebuilt. the 1UZ S13 will start this summer once the 2JZ car is back on the street.

here is the current 2JZ-S13 build thread if ya wanna take a peek.
http://zilvia.net/f/chat/223490-2jz-...ect-300sx.html
Old 09-20-2011, 10:08 AM   #15
s13_rb25
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (8)
s13_rb25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
swap1uz.com
ran by Brett Collins. his car is soooo legit. i love it. it runs really healthy and he offers a package for the swap.
s13_rb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:47 PM   #16
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13_rb25 View Post
swap1uz.com
ran by Brett Collins. his car is soooo legit. i love it. it runs really healthy and he offers a package for the swap.
I Emailed him a few months ago about making a set of mounts and he never messaged me back.

Do you know if he offers and wiring services or diagrams?

Also with the 1UZ - 5spd stuff using the SR/VQ/KA trans are those adapter prices included?
Old 09-21-2011, 07:36 PM   #17
pinkarrowsnow
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
pinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura aboutpinkarrowsnow has a spectacular aura about
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
hey pm my good buddy on here his name is RPS13drift were doing a 1uz in his s14 and he has alot of info on everything tell him mike told you to talk to him
pinkarrowsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:56 PM   #18
nismo racer
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (17)
nismo racer is making a name for him/her selfnismo racer is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
theres a guy on ebay who sells the full kit for cheap to use ka trans which is the cheapest since the stock drive shaft works with it but he also sells bell housing adapters for w58's and such.

i know if you use your ka trans you can use your clutch disc and get an MR2 pressure plate and flywheel which will need to be machined to bolt up to the 1UZ.

ive also been doing research on this and its stupid how cheap it is to do. surprised no one does this swap more often, there was a guy on nico who did it all under 2g's said n done.

PEGASUS
nismo racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:58 PM   #19
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nismo racer View Post
theres a guy on ebay who sells the full kit for cheap to use ka trans which is the cheapest since the stock drive shaft works with it but he also sells bell housing adapters for w58's and such.

i know if you use your ka trans you can use your clutch disc and get an MR2 pressure plate and flywheel which will need to be machined to bolt up to the 1UZ.

ive also been doing research on this and its stupid how cheap it is to do. surprised no one does this swap more often, there was a guy on nico who did it all under 2g's said n done.
the ebay one is Brett Collins. I will be sending him another email tonight to see what he has to say.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:06 PM   #20
Flicktitty
Post Whore!

Looking aound some more, i found these diagrams on another forum for a 1UZ-FE into a S14.

Anyone know how close this is to a s13?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Also came across this, If this is true it could really be made VERY simple to run in a s13.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperRunner on Lextreme
Now that's the easy part.

EB2 connector is a 3 pin connector and is near the igniter
EB1 connector is a 6 pin connector and is near the igniter
IJ2 connector is 17 pin connector near the ECU is dark gray, has 2 rows of pins.

You need switched power to EB2(2). This is a black and orange wire.
You need switched power to EB2(3). This is a black and red wire
You need switched power to IJ2(11). This is a black and orange wire.

You need constant power to EB1(4). This is a black and yellow wire

To start you need to supply "start" power to EB2(1) which is a black wire.

And of course you need to figure out what it takes to turn your fuel pump on. Different on every vehicle.

Now isn't that EASY!!!!
*I haven't tried any of these wiring diagrams/ideas. So do not ask me about them.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:16 PM   #21
wyteboiii
Leaky Injector

wyteboiii is an unknown quantity at this point
Any progress?

I've been going to the track with brett for a few years and he's a good dude and a even better driver. Theres a few locals here in central FL who have the swap with his fabbed parts and love them and the swap. My friend Ben sprays his 1uz in his cressida, brett is working on a sc kit and Bill Shermin is actually butting together a TT kit for his 1uz supra. So the motor must be strong, its a toyota. I myself am highly considering going to the j-yard this week to yank one out for the hell of it. I seen somewhere on the web that some stock tundra headers will clear the steering shaft saving a ton of money/time fabbing headers. Agentandy just told me he sells DIY header kits for this swap, I just don't know if it would be a good idea to mig them together with my lincoln pro mig 180...
wyteboiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #22
victorw210
Zilvia Member

victorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choicesvictorw210 has made poor choices
Xat makes parts like mounts n tranny adapters
victorw210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #23
repda916
Zilvia Addict

repda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymorerepda916 is not welcome here anymore
Do you have bretts number? Just bought a plate off him but have a question with the flywheel.
Old 01-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #24
getsideways
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (6)
getsideways is making a name for him/her selfgetsideways is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 6 reviews

BAM!
getsideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #25
wyteboiii
Leaky Injector

wyteboiii is an unknown quantity at this point
/\ thats whatsup /\

His e mail should be on his eBay listing. I know you have to use a mr2 Turbo flywheel/pressure plate and clearance the bolt holes to fit the 1uz crankshaft bolt holes (3sgte?). I think he also makes pilot bearings tob's that go with this trans retro-fit.
wyteboiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #26
SxMachine
Zilvia Member

SxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her selfSxMachine is making a name for him/her self
Writeup here-->1UZFE S14A project : Hybrids

Old 01-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #27
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkarrowsnow View Post
hey pm my good buddy on here his name is RPS13drift were doing a 1uz in his s14 and he has alot of info on everything tell him mike told you to talk to him
LOL just seeing this thread! I will also be attemping this swap next month when the transmission adapter for a Z33 6 speed arrives from brett collins. As for the flywheel I just ordered a custom made flywheel designed for the 1uz swap. After doing lots of research about drilling out the bolt holes on the 3stge flywheel its just too sketchy for me. Plus the 1uz swap flywheel wasnt too crazy priced. For the clutch I will be using an ACT mr2 turbo pressure plate with a KA24DE 6 puck clutch disc.
Link to flywheel Modified 3SGTE Flywheel

I will post more pics after the needed parts arrive and we can start making some progress on the swap.
rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:15 PM   #28
memphis180sx
BANNED

memphis180sx is an unknown quantity at this point
im also doing this swap soon ive been talking to brett to seems like a cool dude does anybody know what flywheel bolts to use if u order a flywheel from these guys
Modified 3SGTE Flywheel and aslo what headers are those
memphis180sx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #29
repda916
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis180sx View Post
im also doing this swap soon ive been talking to brett to seems like a cool dude does anybody know what flywheel bolts to use if u order a flywheel from these guys
Dont order that flywheel, its just a modified 5vz (4 runner) flywheel.
just source out a 3sgte flywheel and extend the flywheel bolt pattern along with flipping the ring gear since its backwards, take the flywheel to a legit machinest. i got mine done for $90 and paid $40 for the 3sgte flywheel.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:38 PM   #30
rps13drift
Zilvia FREAK!

rps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfectionrps13drift is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by memphis180sx View Post
I actually dont know what bolts to use yet? LOL Wondering if people just use the factory bolts or get stronger bolts? The long tubes are pacesetters from a tundra. They will definetly need to be modified in order to fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by repda916 View Post
Dont order that flywheel, its just a modified 5vz (4 runner) flywheel.
just source out a 3sgte flywheel and extend the flywheel bolt pattern along with flipping the ring gear since its backwards, take the flywheel to a legit machinest. i got mine done for $90 and paid $40 for the 3sgte flywheel.
To each their own.lol I recieved the flywheel last week and it looks great! Your right about it being from a 3-5vz (3.0l-3.4l v6) but thats no reason to dissmiss it! It shares the ecact same pressure plate as the 3sgte and also accepts the same r154 sized clutch discs. Just no need to drill because it was engineered to the 1uz's bolt patern and the 5vz has the correct ring gear already. I personally didnt mind paying $70 more than what you paid to have a brand new flywheel that just works out of the box and was made here in the USA.

rps13drift is offline   Reply With Quote