Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk

Tech Talk Technical Discussion About The Nissan 240SX and Nissan Z Cars

Old 04-06-2005, 07:07 PM   #1
d4vech3n
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (0)
d4vech3n is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problems adjusting coilover height =(

Ok so its been a long, cold, harsh winter and beautiful, perfect weather has finally arrived back to the Northeast.

I've been thinking to lower my car a little more for a while now and decided to go for it but when getting to my coilovers, I am having a big problem getting the spanners to loosen up.

To get things straight, I have GR6's and have readjusted them several times when I had just put them on but its been about 6 months now and the tiny 5mm allen key locks are stripped on two of the shocks. That's problem number one but the other two, I was able to get the tiny allen keys off (threw them out as soon as i took them off, worst part about the GR6's, anyone who has them or has just gotten them, I advise you to get rid of them and just properly tighten down the spanner locks).

So I place the spanner wrench on the lock and start going away at it trying to get it to loosen up, I even use a breaker bar but still no luck, the lock even began to strip. Here a pic to show you my situation:

note: this pic has the stripped allen key still in the spanner but I had a same problem with ones that didnt have the little allen in it

The quality of the GR6 are very good, better than the HA's which spanners just break into peices wihout a wrench after a long winter. This might be a common problem with people who had their coilovers set for a long time and finally want to adjust them so hopefully someone can help.
d4vech3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
the head
Nissanaholic!

Location: in a dark room mastering the art of typing with one hand
Trader Rating: (3)
the head is making a name for him/her selfthe head is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
use penetrating lubricant personal prefrence for me is PB blaster soak it down and let it sit this should help

EVERYONE this is the reason you should put antisieze on your coilovers to help prevent thread jamming and galling