Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > Reviews Forum > Businesses

Businesses Review your dealings with commercial entities here. Remember: Fair and objective. Flaming, accusations, and complaints are not allowed. Zilvia is not a grievance forum.

Old 12-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Con-city_s13

Trader Rating: (0)
Con-city_s13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Raw Brokerage

When I first started visiting their site, I was impressed. However, upon ordering some products from them my opinion greatly changed. I ordered a chase bays power steering kit for an S13/RB20det and the reservoir they sent me was incorrect. I emailed them with my issue along with more than ten pictures showing my fitment issues. Through multiple paragraphs and pictures of explaining my issue, the person I was dealing with could not figure out my issue. When I finally started getting through to the guy, he just quit responding to my emails.

Next, I came across an issue with my clutch on the RB20. The pressure plate I received did not fit and I dreaded trying to talk to them. The only way I could get any kind of response was to call them during their office hours, which is difficult for me being a full time student and working. When I finally convinced them that the pressure plate did not fit, they refused to refund my money or swap it for the right part.

Also, there are some parts they label as general RB parts that will not fit "every RB". One specifically is what they advertise as an RB pilot BEARING. I can not speak for RB25s, but RB20s have pilot BUSHINGS, which is identical to a KA's pilot bushing.

Overall, I am extremely dissatisfied with their customer service. I will not be buying parts through them in the future, which is a shame because of their large variety of parts for RB engines. I do not have faith that they will send me the right part.
Con-city_s13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
xoxide
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (21)
xoxide is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 21 reviews
19 years old, and your only post is to slam a well known and respected company... Get the fuck out of here.

Raw Brokerage is a great company to buy from, and great people to deal with through email, phone, and in person. Im not buying that they ignored your emails for a minute.
xoxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
cnile51
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (3)
cnile51 can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I deal with Ricky and sean on a weekly basis and we have done several business transactions. I've never had one problem reaching anyone, and have always gotten the right parts quickly.

I'll wait for one of them to chime in. There's 2 sides to every story, then there's the truth. From my experience I call shenanigans until further notice.
cnile51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #4
KendallH
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (3)
KendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choicesKendallH has made poor choices
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If you got the wrong pressure plate AND wrong pilot bushing, don't you think you probably ordered the wrong part? And how did they send you the wrong reservoir? S13/S14/S15 PS reservoir is all the same as far as mounting goes. Sounds like you're trying to install it incorrectly.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #5
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
I have been dealing with ricky for the past 2 1/2 -3 yrs on my 25 and rhd conversion. NEVER ONCE had I had an issue with communication or customer service. They are always available, in multiple ways, for contact. They are quick to resolve and always works with me.

You are alone on this one man.
EnemyS15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:13 PM   #6
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (16)
ForeignMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
I'm not going to come on here and call you a liar and an asshole for no reason, but I did do business with Raw Brokerage for my first time last week. After searching EVERYWHERE for a S13 sr20 oil pump I couldn't find one without waiting five to six weeks on shipping from Japan.

I called RB Thursday. I always start my business calls off "hey man how are you today?" and you can instantly tell if your dealing with a prick or someone who is happy you even took the time to ask. The guy was super friendly. I told him my deal and he immediately put me on hold and physically checked to find that they had one left on the shelf. I ordered it and it was delivered to my home in Alabama today, two days after ordering at 2 or 3ish pm... I'm not sure where they are located, but that shit was fast son!

They are definitely on my good side as of right now.

Last edited by ForeignMuscle; 12-15-2012 at 11:48 PM..
ForeignMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:27 PM   #7
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

they are located in orlando fl
Old 12-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #8
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnemyS15 View Post
they are located in orlando fl
That would explain the fast shipping. To each their own, but the only thing we all really have as far as choosing business is to use someone until they do make a mistake and my experience with them was great.

OP, I hope you can get things worked out. Maybe you just so happened to speak with the one knucklehead out of the group.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:42 PM   #9
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
19 years old, and your only post is to slam a well known and respected company... Get the fuck out of here.

Raw Brokerage is a great company to buy from, and great people to deal with through email, phone, and in person. Im not buying that they ignored your emails for a minute.
lol whats up with the hate?

the OP had a genuine business transaction and he was not fully satisfied nor were the problems ever solved...
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #10
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

I wasn't even going to be the one to say it.

xoxide pulled the same hard ass act with me. Spewing useless info about my post count and guessing that I was a youngster myself. Just absolutely no sense in acting like a hard ass on the internet.

We all now how the people who tote ass whippings in real life act on the internet.

1000 posts must really get you the benefits of a boss around here...
Old 12-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #11
jamg
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jamg is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
makes me want to reach through my computer screen and backhand his face
jamg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:54 AM   #12
guitaraholic
Zilvia Junkie

guitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of lightguitaraholic is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeignMuscle View Post
I wasn't even going to be the one to say it.

xoxide pulled the same hard ass act with me. Spewing useless info about my post count and guessing that I was a youngster myself. Just absolutely no sense in acting like a hard ass on the internet.

We all now how the people who tote ass whippings in real life act on the internet.

1000 posts must really get you the benefits of a boss around here...

Unfortunately that seems to happen a lot on this site. Which is a shame, because for the most part there are a lot of helpful members on this site. I don't visit this site nearly as much as I use to because of this exact reason. It seems that's how some get their jollies, that or they just don't have the balls to say it in real life, so it get's pent up and let it out on the net.
guitaraholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 05:56 AM   #13
2tonecoupegrl
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (134)
2tonecoupegrl is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 134 reviews
We've done business with Raw Brokerage for over 5 years. Every order that has been placed has come very quickly and never a mix up on parts. We've personally known Ricky for this entire time, one of the most hardest workers you will ever know and would do anything to help you (business or friendship) So to hear somethig like this is shocking.

They however are very busy and even more now with their new shop but customer srvice is what they do, they pride in it and everything else is bonus.

If you have truely tried to be in contact with Raw Brokerage they would have 200% fixed your order, and not ignored it.

With that said, do call again on Monday ask for Ricky and let him fix what wrong parts you got.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:39 AM   #14
Supraclean
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (2)
Supraclean is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Indeed I have also had good experiances with Raw Brokerage. Even when I was sent the wrong flywheel Ricky not only gave me a discount he upgraded my flywheel for me no extra charge.

Hope it gets sorted out.
Supraclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:56 PM   #15
rb25_s13*CHUKI
Post Whore!

rb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfectionrb25_s13*CHUKI is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to rb25_s13*CHUKI
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post

What does age have to do with this?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #16
Con-city_s13

It's just a personal experience. That what these forums are for. I don't have 1000 posts because I have a car to work on instead of talking shit about other people's problems.

Sorry if you don't like my feedback, but shit happens to all of us. If everybody else has great experiences with Raw Brokerage, then I must be a rare case. However, my opinion is still valid.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:05 AM   #17
ST34LthyN1NJ4
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (4)
ST34LthyN1NJ4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Con-city_s13 View Post
When I first started visiting their site, I was impressed. However, upon ordering some products from them my opinion greatly changed. I ordered a chase bays power steering kit for an S13/RB20det and the reservoir they sent me was incorrect. I emailed them with my issue along with more than ten pictures showing my fitment issues. Through multiple paragraphs and pictures of explaining my issue, the person I was dealing with could not figure out my issue. When I finally started getting through to the guy, he just quit responding to my emails.

Next, I came across an issue with my clutch on the RB20. The pressure plate I received did not fit and I dreaded trying to talk to them. The only way I could get any kind of response was to call them during their office hours, which is difficult for me being a full time student and working. When I finally convinced them that the pressure plate did not fit, they refused to refund my money or swap it for the right part.

Also, there are some parts they label as general RB parts that will not fit "every RB". One specifically is what they advertise as an RB pilot BEARING. I can not speak for RB25s, but RB20s have pilot BUSHINGS, which is identical to a KA's pilot bushing.

Overall, I am extremely dissatisfied with their customer service. I will not be buying parts through them in the future, which is a shame because of their large variety of parts for RB engines. I do not have faith that they will send me the right part.
i had a mix up with parts ordered for my rb26 build and they actually notified me that there was a mix up before i even caught it. ive never had a problem contacting them and i also work full time on top of going to school, in a worse case scenerio i would just leave a message or shoot them an email and they would reply the next day or call and this happened when they were moving shops so from my stand point i couldnt be more pleased with their customer service. they cant be responsible for improper installation of parts or factory defects for that matter. you do have to realize they deal with numerous customers on a daily basis asking tons of questions and not to mention it sounds like you ordered the wrong parts maybe you should do a little research before ordering something
ST34LthyN1NJ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:04 AM   #18
Coolwhip
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Coolwhip is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Coolwhip
Con-city_s13:

It's Ricky. First off, thanks again for doing business with us as we know as a consumer you have a choice to where you purchase from and decided to buy from Raw Brokerage. We understand we might not always have the best price but we do pride ourselves with our customer service. Which I'm proud to say we have a high customer retention and continue to attract new customers from.

In regards to your order. I've been forwarded all the documentation regarding the issue you had with your order and would like to clarify any miscommunication we (Raw Brokerage) had with you through the various email and phone calls.

First, the Chase Bay Power Steering kit that you ordered and received was the correct part. You notified us that the reservoir was not correct. We had a second one shipped out to you for exchange (free of charge). A picture was then sent showing the two were identical. You then notified us that it did not match the one pictured on the website. We spoke to the manufacture and identified that the reservoir underwent a bracket design change from a clamp bracket to a welded bracket design. Chase Bays decided they would handle any further product assistance from that point. You returned to us that you figured it out for installation.

Regarding the clutch. The clutch and clutch components included in that kit shipped to you were the correct components to the one you've ordered. The clutch kit you ordered was in fact one to fit your RB. Upon your discovery of finding that the clutch did not fit your setup you left us a rude voicemail. I was the sales person to respond to that and understanding your frustration, I professionally listened to your issue and asked for pictures of your setup to identify where the issue may be with the parts. You advised us that you were unable to take pictures of the setup until you returned to where the car was due to issues with your schedule. Raw Brokerage then arranged to stay open AFTER our office hours to be able to have a live person conduct a phone conversation with you once you were able to take pictures of your setup. Since we do not personally manufacture ACT clutches we had to relay on the information gathered that night and relay it to our rep the following morning.

Upon review of the information we were able to identify that the flywheel you were using was incorrect and the clutch kit would not work with it. You asked for a refund and we declined. This is for several reasons. We're unable to take back the clutch as it's no longer in brand new 'sell-able' condition and the compatibility issue was out of our hands. We even went to the extent of offering you a used RB flywheel we had in stock and ready to ship that same day for FREE (which we sell for $60). All we asked you to do is cover the cost of shipping it ($25). You declined and proceeded with posting your negative review.

Again, we're regretful that you were not 100% satisfied with your service and the products we offer. If we can provide you continued support regarding this issue please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

I hope my narrative helps those reading this thread see the actions taken by Raw Brokerage through this affair.

Thanks,
Ricky
Coolwhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #19
ForeignMuscle
Zilvia Addict

Ricky, this is the most respectable thing you can do as a business owner as far as I'm concerned.

I bought the s13 oil pump from you last week and after reading this I can't wait to do future business with you.

To the OP, sounds like we have the full story now. Some of these things take more than five minutes to resolve. You have to use patience.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #20
96Turbo
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (11)
96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute96Turbo has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 11 reviews
and there you have it
96Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:09 PM   #21
RBfolife
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
RBfolife is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to RBfolife
Been dealing with raw brokerage since 2010 havent had any problems with them. Shipping is fast, customer service is good u can call n ask them anything. I order most of my rb25 parts from them.
RBfolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #22
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Look at that! You can't ask for better customer service than that. The man himself coming in and clarifying everything, offering free items, and giving after hour advice. What more can you ask for??

OP, you need to get a better understanding of how the aftermarket parts game works. It makes perfect sense that one can not refund an item, once installed.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #23
VAs13
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (28)
VAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant futureVAs13 has a brilliant future
Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Raw Brokerage has done nothing but help me to he fullest extent with my current RB build when i ordered a Nitto oil pump that was undergoing a new design at the time of my order. In which Raw Brokerage continued to answer my emails reguarding its status week after week which led to me upgrading to the Tomei pump. They have been more than helpful to me on every purchase.
VAs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #24
BossHogg
Zilvia Addict

BossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really niceBossHogg is just really nice
First purchase I made with them was over 1.5 grand. Will do business again when is needed. They actually physically called me that night (after hours) to confirm the transaction as I went through the internet. +1
Old 12-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #25
Mitsuboost30
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (4)
Mitsuboost30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Always have had great service with them, and it seems they went out of their way to help you. That was a very profesional response and it does sound like you were the bad seed in the deal. Your parts werent right to begin with.

Now you flame a well known shop...... damn kids these days! all you had to do was spend 25 bucks.
Mitsuboost30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #26
Con-city_s13

Just so everybody knows, I ordered the right parts. I never ordered a pilot bearing for my RB20 because I knew it is a bushing. Just because I'm young doesn't make me an idiot.

The biggest problem I had was when I had already been patient for a couple weeks in response to my reservoir, I just stopped getting responses.

I am not saying my incorrect pressure plate is Raw Brokerage's fault, because it's the fault of person who sent me the engine with the wrong flywheel on it (then labeling it RB20). I am also not saying that nobody should purchase items from Raw Brokerage as well. I was just sharing my experience. If people only shared good experiences, these forums would be useless.

Sorry for upsetting some people and for leaving a rude voicemail.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #27
greenwood
Zilvia Addict

greenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymoregreenwood is not welcome here anymore
Dont listen to this uneducated newb^. Pilot bushing and bearing are the same thing. Know what you are doing before touching a car.

Raw Brokerage kicks ass.
greenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #28
Driftwire
Zilvia Addict

Driftwire is an unknown quantity at this point
+1 for Raw Brokerage and Ricky for great service. BLAMO.
Driftwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #29
username
Zilvia Member

username is an unknown quantity at this point
I've have made many purchases with Raw Brokereage, some being shipping as other being personally at their shop. Ricky and the rest of the guys are extremely helpful and really go out of their way to help people. They were the only shop I trusted to touch my car when they fabbed up the first of their promod turbo kits. Dropped the car off and picked it up a week later without a single issue. Ricky even went as far as to source me a good shortblock that I went and picked up the next day. Awesome business with great customer service. Looking forward to doing more business with them soon.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #30
Con-city_s13

Pilot bushings and bearings are different. One has roller bearings, the other is a brass sleeve.