Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > Engine Tech

Engine Tech Technical discussion related to all relevant engines such as KA, SR, RB, CA, 2JZ , L24/26/28, VG, VQ, and LSx series.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:26 AM   #1
OMG_WTF_RBS13

Trader Rating: (0)
OMG_WTF_RBS13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
RB RB25 Power FC Tuning HELP!!!

Im pretty new to the forum and i have been looking around for anything to help me tune my car. Right now im waiting on a starter to get here but in the meantime im trying to get some knowledge on tuning with a Power FC. The motor is a Neo with Tomei Cams, Freddy intake, FMIC, Garrett 2871, Bosch 750's, Z32 MAF, Q45 TB. I bought the car already swapped and it came with stock ECU and stock 370cc injectors. Me and a buddy swapped in a Wiring Specialties Harness and put the 750's in along with the Power FC. Im pretty new to the whole tuning game at least EFI wise. Basically I'm trying to figure out my fuel settings along with timing and ignition. We've got the car running but i dont want to drive it to much without having everything set properly and I dont know any tuners around South GA or North FL that mess with the Power FC. Any help would be much appreciated.
OMG_WTF_RBS13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2014, 07:32 AM   #2
rastaman
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rastaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Call apexi they can help you.
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
Mikester
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (0)
Mikester is a well-known jackass
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I see you are in Canton, GA... Make an appt with TopSpeed in Atlanta- They are fricken AWESOME and can tune your PFC... Recommend you trailer the car there once it's ready to start if you're not familiar with the PFC... One thing you 'could' do is check with them ahead of time to see if they would recommend you get into settings and set your injector scaling to 49% - 50%... This basically fools the PFC into thinking it's still running on 370's... HOWEVER, I am NOT... I repeat NOT a professional tuner- So DO NOT do anything until talking to the pros...

Your 100% best, and safest option would be trailer it to TopSpeed.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
ANVIL
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (8)
ANVIL can only hope to improve
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
http://www.fc-datalogit.co.nz

I use this to tune. Allows anyone (with knowledge) to be able to tune power FC
ANVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:30 PM   #5
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
I am in south florida, I tune PFC all day.

Right off the bat I am going to tell you tuning the ignition timing is an art, and even more so when the engine is highly modified. The lower the vacuum signal, the larger the ports/cams/turbo, the more sensitive cell to cell you need to be. Your factory PFC map will have very low, far too conservative timing numbers in the 0-8" Hg range for instance. And conversely, too large of numbers in the 4-7psi range is also common.

Just to get it driving, use the global injector adjustment WHILE driving (do not fool with global adjustment at idle). Get the car moving and watch your wideband. Keep the numbers in the 14.5 Range by adjusting the global injector % until you can cruise comfortably 14.5-15.2 range. That will allow you to drive the car to a tuner. do not boost it.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #6
rastaman
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (1)
rastaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingtal0n View Post
I am in south florida, I tune PFC all day.

Right off the bat I am going to tell you tuning the ignition timing is an art, and even more so when the engine is highly modified. The lower the vacuum signal, the larger the ports/cams/turbo, the more sensitive cell to cell you need to be. Your factory PFC map will have very low, far too conservative timing numbers in the 0-8" Hg range for instance. And conversely, too large of numbers in the 4-7psi range is also common.

Just to get it driving, use the global injector adjustment WHILE driving (do not fool with global adjustment at idle). Get the car moving and watch your wideband. Keep the numbers in the 14.5 Range by adjusting the global injector % until you can cruise comfortably 14.5-15.2 range. That will allow you to drive the car to a tuner. do not boost it.
Where in sfl are you? What is your cost for PFC tune? Do you use a dyno?
rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #7
Kingtal0n
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (17)
Kingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond reputeKingtal0n has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Kingtal0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaman View Post
Where in sfl are you? What is your cost for PFC tune? Do you use a dyno?
Boca Raton

1. I inspect your car and bring it up to spec

2. We go on the street for 2-7 hours then take it to the dyno for a few quick passes to clean up the wide open throttle and verify your in car wideband, that you have mounted 24"+ away from the turbine
I have a dyno here

Dyno is optional for near stock setups. but anything where wideband accuracy is a concern should have dyno time.