Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 04-18-2018, 05:53 PM   #1
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Anyone else not care about the r35 the at all?

I been a long time nissan fan mostly into silvias, skylines, 240sx, late model and old school z's....

But whatever reason I can't get into the r35. Stock, modified, special edition nismo it doesn't matter. This car doesn't excite me. It sounds terrible, not nice to look at nor does it really seem to any connection to the most iconic models other then the name.

Motor and handling on its on own account is fine but if u to even relate to the 90s line its like nope! Evolution is part of the game but nissan really screwed it up. Even a nicely modified 300zx has more "magic" then the uninspired r35
turboshoebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-2018, 06:01 PM   #2
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Im starting to love this fucking guy and his pointless shit.
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 06:09 PM   #3
feito
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (1)
feito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymorefeito is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Oh shit, here we go...
Yeah, I feel the same way. No care at all. But then again, Im sure a lot of people felt the same way when the attesa system came out, and I am all for the attesa system.
Imo, nissan took it towards the exotic car level too much, and I just dont like exotic.
No econoboxes or entry level sport, no care xD
Old 04-18-2018, 06:25 PM   #4
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I swear this exact thread was made once.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:33 PM   #5
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

turboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymoreturboshoebox is not welcome here anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I swear this exact thread was made once.
I know I'm not the only one that doesn't like it
Old 04-18-2018, 06:38 PM   #6
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
I'm not a luddite, so it is neat for what it is.

This is a super timely thread though, I'm glad we're finally addressing this issue
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:13 PM   #7
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Luddite? Wat?

Last edited by turboshoebox; 04-19-2018 at 12:11 AM..
Old 04-18-2018, 10:43 PM   #8
lewyS14a

lewyS14a is on a distinguished road
You care so little about them you felt the need to start a thread bashing them ?

It sounds a bit like sour grapes to me.
lewyS14a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:12 AM   #9
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewyS14a View Post
You care so little about them you felt the need to start a thread bashing them ?

It sounds a bit like sour grapes to me.
More like I wanted it to be awesome as a big nissan fan and I'm sour that it's not cool car like the predecessors.
Old 04-19-2018, 06:53 AM   #10
gbaby2089
Zilvia Addict

gbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfectiongbaby2089 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
More like I wanted it to be awesome as a big nissan fan and I'm sour that it's not cool car like the predecessors.
Please tell me more about this collection of vehicles you've never driven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turboshoebox View Post
Luddite? Wat?
Look it up. It is a word with a definition.
gbaby2089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:09 AM   #11
tuzzio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (3)
tuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfectiontuzzio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I can't afford or would I want to afford one, but theyre a stout platform and there is really no denying that.

Lets me honest here, s-chassis are piles of garbage, so who are we to judge?
tuzzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 08:50 AM   #12
zenkicpe
Zilvia Member

zenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud ofzenkicpe has much to be proud of
Cool piles of garbage
zenkicpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:01 AM   #13
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
If someone were to gift me an R35 for free, I would trade it for several other slower but cooler cars.

Will never happen, so I don't spend time pondering on it. Not my cup of tea.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #14
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by simmode1 View Post
If someone were to gift me an R35 for free, I would trade it for several other slower but cooler cars.

Will never happen, so I don't spend time pondering on it. Not my cup of tea.
I wouldn't even give it a test drive. Direct to for sale for funds toward a r33 or r34
Old 04-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #15
Highway Riding
Zilvia Addict

Highway Riding is an unknown quantity at this point
I felt the same way until I saw one drive past me in the street at full throttle (modded) and I literally felt the fucker roar past. I now would give a testicle for one (already have kids)
Old 04-19-2018, 08:58 PM   #16
pacotaco345
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
pacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond reputepacotaco345 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Can we ban OP from creating threads? Seeing that every single one is "I'm here to bitch about _____ not being what I want, confirm what I think internet".
Old 04-20-2018, 10:00 PM   #17
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway Riding View Post
I felt the same way until I saw one drive past me in the street at full throttle (modded) and I literally felt the fucker roar past. I now would give a testicle for one (already have kids)
you'd give away ur kids?
Old 04-20-2018, 10:59 PM   #18
LoneStarSilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (5)
LoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond reputeLoneStarSilvia has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
You're right. Nissan should've just pumped out more overhyped Skyline's and get left in the past. It's a good thing your in-depth review has swayed my opinion.

Get real man, I'm no R35 fanboy, or Nissan by any stretch of the imagination, but that car was light years ahead of damn near anything it it's price bracket when it debuted. I'm sure Nissan is more than happy to keep lining their pockets with GT-R sales instead of producing more abysmal Z's.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:38 PM   #19
brndck
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (130)
brndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfectionbrndck is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 130 reviews
Send a message via AIM to brndck
Yeah man, how boring. 500+ whp, on pace with supercars 10x the price, fresh looks, An engine Platform proven to be capable of over 2kwhp, while still remaining streetable.

I totally see why you're so salty.

Idiot.

I'd neg rep you again but it says I need to spread rep around first.

http://outslidersandsmokeproduce.blogspot.com/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannykiller View Post
it'll fit JANK.. and no one likes Jank except Broke ass zilvians.

Last edited by brndck; 04-21-2018 at 10:54 PM..
brndck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 10:31 PM   #20
afishysilvia
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (31)
afishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfectionafishysilvia is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by brndck View Post
Yeah man, how boring. 500+ whp, on pace with supercars 10x the price, fresh looks, Ann engine Platform proven to be capable of over 2kwhp, while still remaining streetable.

I totally see why you're so salty.

Idiot.

I'd neg rep you again but it says I need to spread rep around first.
Amen
afishysilvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:27 PM   #21
Malik
Nissanaholic!

Malik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant futureMalik has a brilliant future
I like the r35 a lot... Ive seen a variety in different colors blasting by the street I live on, which is a fairly major thoroughfare in queens and they're all very nice.
Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:29 AM   #22
turboshoebox
Zilvia Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik View Post
I like the r35 a lot... Ive seen a variety in different colors blasting by the street I live on, which is a fairly major thoroughfare in queens and they're all very nice.
meh.......