Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:46 AM   #31
d*star180
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
d*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond reputed*star180 has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Any news on mods.......Im a ricer so i want some pimping ass aero on my shit. Probably never gonna happen in GT though, i guess its for the better though.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2007, 04:06 AM   #32
EDacIouSX
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
EDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfectionEDacIouSX is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to EDacIouSX Send a message via AIM to EDacIouSX Send a message via MSN to EDacIouSX Send a message via Yahoo to EDacIouSX
i can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
EDacIouSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #33
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (14)
Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
I'm tryin to look for the article, but a representative of PD claimed that most, if not all, body parts were made separately and are thus detachable. This was early in GT5 development, but I think he was "hinting" towards damage and MAYBE aero enhancement.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:56 PM   #34
jilo
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
jilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of lightjilo is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
faak i was just talking about how buying a system for one game is a bad idea, looks like ill be eating my words soon.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #35
Unholy S14
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (-3)
Unholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfectionUnholy S14 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: -3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Unholy S14
the producer of GT has already said that there will be no damage.

sorry.
Old 08-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #36
Diabolical
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Diabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymoreDiabolical is not welcome here anymore
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Highly doubt every single car will have cockpit view
Diabolical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 12:13 AM   #37
undesiredshoe
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
undesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of lightundesiredshoe is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to undesiredshoe
There should be a game where you can choose cr ratios for your pistons, change out stock cams for longer duration cams for power or just a cool sounding idle, different size turbos so i can use a sr t25 on a corvette, add drag slicks, choose different tire sizes, different wheel widths and sizes/offsets, different sounding bov's, tune your car on a dyno and control your afrs and timing with the possibility of running to lean/too much timing, control how much boost you want to run, control meth/nitrous injection via rpm switch, efan switch at certain temperatures, coolant type, brake fluid type, different fuels, add cooling panels, sideskirts, origin aero, roll and pull fenders, and your car should be able to detonate due to bad tuning, overheat from bad water pumps or leaks, break spokes on wheels because you chose rota wheels and blow struts, because you could only afford stock replacements and not stance coilovers. Oh yeah there is a game like that, its called Reality.
undesiredshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:13 PM   #38
Cam B
Zilvia Member

Cam B has a spectacular aura aboutCam B has a spectacular aura aboutCam B has a spectacular aura aboutCam B has a spectacular aura aboutCam B has a spectacular aura aboutCam B has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by undesiredshoe View Post
There should be a game where you can choose cr ratios for your pistons, change out stock cams for longer duration cams for power or just a cool sounding idle, different size turbos so i can use a sr t25 on a corvette, add drag slicks, choose different tire sizes, different wheel widths and sizes/offsets, different sounding bov's, tune your car on a dyno and control your afrs and timing with the possibility of running to lean/too much timing, control how much boost you want to run, control meth/nitrous injection via rpm switch, efan switch at certain temperatures, coolant type, brake fluid type, different fuels, add cooling panels, sideskirts, origin aero, roll and pull fenders, and your car should be able to detonate due to bad tuning, overheat from bad water pumps or leaks, break spokes on wheels because you chose rota wheels and blow struts, because you could only afford stock replacements and not stance coilovers. Oh yeah there is a game like that, its called Reality.
Damn, thats a long ass sentence
Old 08-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #39
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Just in case you haven't seen it yet. GT5's latest trailer

[ame]http://youtube.com/watch?v=HjO12QbT4XU[/ame]
Old 08-22-2007, 02:41 PM   #40
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolical View Post
Highly doubt every single car will have cockpit view
That's cause you are a moron. They are spending countless hours right now modeling every cars cockpit.

Mr. Skeptical.
Old 08-23-2007, 11:27 PM   #41
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
i just dl the dirt demo. the car control is pretty good and crash/damages effects is good too.

im hoping for the same...i would love to smash a f430 to somebody's veyron or something. nascar style.
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 07:23 PM   #42
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
Damn...it looks like I'm getting a PS3 next year. So far its Resistance, GT5, MSG4 and RE5 that I want for a PS3.
Old 08-25-2007, 03:21 AM   #43
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Sweet, an off-screen demo of gameplay (1080p/60fps!)

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/949/949777/vids_1.html

And an interview between ign and THE man himself, Kazunori Yamauchi, talking about the interface, damage, etc.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/815/815772p1.html
Old 09-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #44
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

More vids including a features, garage, and another gameplay demo!

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/949/949777/vids_1.html
Old 09-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #45
614duece40
Zilvia Member

614duece40 will become famous soon enough614duece40 will become famous soon enough614duece40 will become famous soon enough614duece40 will become famous soon enough
damn almost worth buying a ps3 and getting this almost!
614duece40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:34 PM   #46
BOROSUN
Post Whore!

BOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfectionBOROSUN is close to perfection
does anyone have the logictech g25 wheel working on the ps3?

im about to buy one...
BOROSUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:56 PM   #47
D1GP
Zilvia Junkie

D1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the roughD1GP is a jewel in the rough
i hope this one is better then gt4... they really need to focus on a smaller amount of cars and get rid of all the worthless ones that they include. computer AI was terrible in 4, id be driving my line and they push me off the track lol. also a big improvement would be to get better sound effects of the cars. they all sound the same and mods do very little to change the note. race exhaust, turbo spoolage, and bov would really make the gameplay a lot more interesting.
D1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:17 PM   #48
PRADOgy
Zilvia FREAK!

PRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfectionPRADOgy is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSquidd View Post
Actually I played it with the logitech.

It didn't SUCK, it was an alright game, but it's really just lost a lot of it's luster after 5 iterations of the SAME game with new cars. It's like the difference between Madden 07 and Madden 08. It's still the same shit just prettier. They need a lot of help in this respect.

Forza I think was just overall more FUN.

Maybe the graphics sucked, and maybe the car selection wasn't all it could be, but I'll be damned if that isn't one of the most fun games to play online (if you can find a good group of people).

Either way, as a racing fan, I look forward to every racing game with unnecessary optimism.
The only thing forza had going was the drifting and the engine swaps.. thats it.. GT is waaay outa there league .. and i mean way on top..
Old 09-17-2007, 12:19 PM   #49
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOROSUN View Post
does anyone have the logictech g25 wheel working on the ps3?

im about to buy one...
I wish. I have the DFP and will be using that. I'll post pics of my set-up soon.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:49 PM   #50
SimpleS14
Post Whore!

SimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfectionSimpleS14 is close to perfection
This is quite interesting.....

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/09/20/n...nloadable-car/
Old 09-20-2007, 05:02 PM   #51
steve shadows
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
steve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfectionsteve shadows is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to steve shadows
looks like im going to need a ps3
Old 09-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #52
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleS14 View Post
This is gonna be awesome, along with the LONG overdue dual shock 3 debut.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:54 AM   #53
Tops*
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
Tops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfectionTops* is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by undesiredshoe View Post
Dude, I HAVE this game. I bought it used for $11k and there was already a saved game on it with 6.25% completion so I just started off there. I read the reviews before I bought it and the only bad part about this game is that there's no restarting if you fuck up, it's just straight up game over. That and there's a daily subscription you have to pay (it's like $3/22 miles you play or some shit like that). The AI drivers in the game are pretty realistic and propose a challenge in all events. Game's REALLY similar to Test Drive Unlimited, but even better! I highly recommend this game to everyone.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #54
Dunkee
Zilvia Addict

Dunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of lightDunkee is a glorious beacon of light
Cockpit view gets old real quick. Here's one of the demo vids.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7lCSz1mtAw[/ame]

Sound needs tons of work before matching anything close to real life..there sure is a lot of blind faith in this game. Pretty graphics ain't everything. PD is gonna have to bring something else to the table to pull Sony out of the shithole they're in. And that GT TV they keep talking about so far is just commercials?! $40 for a demo that should be free..no thank you.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:37 PM   #55
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tops* View Post
Game's REALLY similar to Test Drive Unlimited, but even better! I highly recommend this game to everyone.
Yeah, I've had Test Drive Unlimited: Real Life for a few months now.
I've been really impressed by it, I mean, check out the improvement in graphics.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...FSreallife.jpg
It's lots of fun, but I do have some complaints.
1. You actually have to pay for gas and maintence.
2. Even though it has an awesome damage model, most of the time, you have to deal with the police because of it.
3. Police AI is too much improved, and individual police units don't show up on your navigation screen.
4. It's too hard to earn money, my garage only has 3 cars, and I don't even own a house yet.
5.Too much traffic makes it hard to really wring the performance out of your cars.
6. I've been playing this game for 6 months, and still haven't been able to pick up a hitchhiking Supermodel.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 07:32 PM   #56
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

^^ fuck, that's pretty whack if the "driver" isn't physically shifting or pulling the hand-brake.

on a side note, i was playing DiRT for the ps3 and the in-cabin views are AMAZING.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:08 PM   #57
TheWolf
Zilvia FREAK!

TheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant futureTheWolf has a brilliant future
realistic race sim's are already out.. it's called GTR 2! The only game really with a working clutch that you have to feather and a gearshifter support implemented. I liked GT2/GT3 and GT4. But the collecting cars thing has to stop. it's a game but I'd rather drive a race car on a race track than some lame ass fiat FWD 2L car to try and win some prize cup.. to advance another round. samething over and over again.. game play just isn't there
Old 10-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #58
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Uh oh. Prologue demo is already out in Japan.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/828/828359p1.html

Perhaps we can go to the Japanese Playstation store and get some of this action? I'm SOOO not partying tomorrow.

Last edited by Dutchmalmiss; 10-19-2007 at 01:10 PM..
Dutchmalmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 02:56 AM   #59
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

GT5 Prologue: Demo is out NOW

Only thing is, you need a Japan Playstation Store account. Here's a link to show you how to sign up for it.

http://blogs.ign.com/xheavenxsentx/2006/12/09/39684/

have fun

PS: It's only available from today until November 11th, so don't wait.

If anyone can translate Japanese, that would be great because I don't know how to progress haha. Also, what's the option that's under transmission selection when selecting a car?

Last edited by Dutchmalmiss; 10-20-2007 at 01:44 PM..
Dutchmalmiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 03:58 AM   #60
Gnnr
Post Whore!

Gnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond reputeGnnr has a reputation beyond repute
From the IGN interview...

Quote:
Will customization be reflected in a car's physical appearance?
Down the road, yes. Right now, no. Yamauchi said that one of the main benefits to developing this title on the PS3 is that the system is powerful enough to craft detailed cars with realistic features inside and out. Cars are built piece by piece, which means changing individual bumpers and hoods is something -- like vehicle damage -- that they can see in the future as part of a system update.
So does that mean they'll offer damage and body mods through and online update for the PS3 or something?