Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > General > Tech Talk > S Chassis

S Chassis Technical discussion related to the S Chassis such as the S12, S13, S14, and S15.

Old 02-07-2015, 05:14 PM   #1
iDowny

Trader Rating: (0)
iDowny is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
s13 rear axle questions.

So ive recently bought a 1990 240sx. has 5 lug swap and diff from either j30 or r33gtst. either way im not sure it matters at this point but im not the best when it comes to this information. But the output axles? flanges? coming from the diff that you would bolt your halfshafts to are 5 bolt pattern, not the 6 that seems to come on j30's sometime during and after 1994. ive tried locating a 93 j30 in junk yards, only have 94+ with the 6bolt flange problem is my halfshaft that goes from the wheel to the diff flange has broken in 2 and no longer spinning the wheel and just flopping around back tawrds the diff.

So here are my questions, Is there another halfshaft that can be used without redoing the whole rear?

Am i able to just swap the 5 bolt outputs to 6 bolt outputs without changing the diff completly?

once i pull everything out will there be part numbers on the items so i can possibly see what exactly everything is?

I know everyone will be 'ing me but any help would be awesome. Thank you

Last edited by iDowny; 02-08-2015 at 02:52 AM..
iDowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2015, 09:51 PM   #2
iDowny

Trader Rating: (0)
iDowny is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It's sounding like you cannot exchange flanges due to some c rings not lining up. Is there another axle shaft that would work for this setup? I'm almost certain it's a 93 vlsd out of a j30 now. Searched and called everywhere around town to get the same answer " o boy you won't like this. We don't have them and cannot order them" help pls xD

*EDIT*
Would these work?

I was reading and people said that the drivers side fits nicely but the passenger side is about an inch too short, and that they use j30 passenger side. Also some saying they both fit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/jdm-Nissan-S...-/400755793862

i am needing to replace rear passenger side only and am needing to know if this would bolt up, been searching and everyone seems to contradict each other. I cant just buy one and hope that it works. money money.

Last edited by iDowny; 02-08-2015 at 04:19 AM..
iDowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #3
japslapsilvia
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (12)
japslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the roughjapslapsilvia is a jewel in the rough
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
you need one j30 and one z32. I have a z32 diff in an s13 and i just used one j30 axle and one z32 axle. (5star bolt pattern on output shaft) i honestly dont remember which side use z32 or j30 but it should help you in your search.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post

Nothing is rare just expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfxi View Post
if you've ever been with multiple women, then even you can understand that not all girlfriends are created equal. some are capable of amazing oral talents, while others dont mind a lill back door action.
japslapsilvia is offline   Reply With Quote