Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Specific Topics > Off Topic Chat

Off Topic Chat All non related chat goes here.

Old 07-08-2016, 08:45 AM   #1
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (0)
Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Pokémon GO!

Official thread to discuss any Pokémon GO related topics and questions.

Servers are terrible, however I am assuming that is going to get better over time.

Overall the game is great, and the whole concept of actually having to get out of the house to succeed is game-changing when it comes to a video game. Two days in, and I have already ran into people at the local park trying to catch them all.

Have been playing for a solid day, usually just hop on the fixie and go out searching. Got some eggs and some solid Pokémon. Hoping to take on a gym later today.

Goofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2016, 09:11 AM   #2
w0nderbr3ad
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (50)
w0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to allw0nderbr3ad is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 50 reviews
Send a message via AIM to w0nderbr3ad
I drive around and stop whenever I'm near a pokestop. I ran out of pokeballs already. The placement of a lot of the pokestops & gyms are similar to that of Ingress. Sometimes when flicking the pokeball it just flies off the screen, maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I like it so far.
w0nderbr3ad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #3
BoostyMcZface
Zilvia Member

BoostyMcZface is an unknown quantity at this point
good game. wasted a bunch of pokeballs already trying to catch stuff. im sure it'll be better back in the states, but being on a military base in the middle east and still catching stuff i'm pretty happy. little glitchy too, but its still beta. in for real thing!
BoostyMcZface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:01 PM   #4
Future240
Future Moderator

Trader Rating: (17)
Future240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfectionFuture240 is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Future240 Send a message via MSN to Future240 Send a message via Yahoo to Future240
Just downloaded this. Haven't not played to much, but this is a game changing concept.
Future240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:29 PM   #5
EnemyS15
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (14)
EnemyS15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Great way for parents to bond with their kids, outside of home. My buddy is a single father and he has taken his kid around town, catching pokemons. I mean you really shouldn't need something like this to do stuff with your kid, but I can see how this can help.

Ingenious concept! This is going to be a 2016 year in review game... Like the furbie was a few years ago
Old 07-08-2016, 09:21 PM   #6
Felipe
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (9)
Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofs View Post

Best Pokemon ever lol
Late Night Crew #1
Felipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:34 PM   #7
DJTTon
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
DJTTon is on the path to ruinDJTTon is on the path to ruin
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
It is sad to say this is what it takes to get people outside nowadays
DJTTon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 11:06 PM   #8
Felipe
Post Whore!

Felipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfectionFelipe is close to perfection
I tried to sign up for my kid... Fail

"We're currently in the process of making Pokemon.com an even better experience for Pokémon fans! Please check back in a little while. Thanks!"
Late Night Crew #1
Old 07-09-2016, 03:52 AM   #9
Clutch Dog
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (1)
Clutch Dog is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Clutch Dog
Been stuck in Hawaii the past few days so I have a bunch of water, grass and bug types. Caught a Ryhorn and Voltorb on the Missouri though.
Old 07-09-2016, 06:43 AM   #10
future
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (42)
future is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to allfuture is a name known to all
Feedback Score: 42 reviews
Hate it cause I was excited for over a year
...then realized the only way to play it is walking around and I simply don't have any time to do that. I was hoping to get some couple minutes while taking a shit or something lol
future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:38 AM   #11
Green Arrow
BANNED

Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow Green Arrow
Those damn zubats will dodge every ball thrown, stupid zubats. Also, I have way too many pidgeys....
Green Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 07:24 PM   #12
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

Goofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of lightGoofs is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch Dog View Post
Been stuck in Hawaii the past few days so I have a bunch of water, grass and bug types. Caught a Ryhorn and Voltorb on the Missouri though.
That's def cool to compare to what I'm seeing in the Midwest. Even though I did encounter a Seel, which was odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0nderbr3ad View Post
I drive around and stop whenever I'm near a pokestop. I ran out of pokeballs already. The placement of a lot of the pokestops & gyms are similar to that of Ingress. Sometimes when flicking the pokeball it just flies off the screen, maybe I'm just doing it wrong. I like it so far.
Yeh Pokemon appear the most frequently while driving. 20mph streets its cool, but I wouldn't do it on main roads and highways.

Just gotta flick straight up, can throw curveballs too. Those are hard to land though
Old 07-11-2016, 11:54 AM   #13
Yuri
Ghost of Zilvia past

Yuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfectionYuri is close to perfection
I started playing Friday. I currently have 0 pokemon, as all three starters live inside of my neighbors apartments or garages.
Yuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #14
Crazyced
Zilvia Junkie

Crazyced is an unknown quantity at this point
Are there Pokemons literally anywhere with signal? My partents have 500 acres of woodland filled with trails. Could I just walk around and literally find them in the wild?
Crazyced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:21 PM   #15
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Use the curveball when you toss a Pokeball. increases capture chances and nets you some XP as well.

How the hell do you battle at the gyms? This game doesn't do a great job of briefing you, unless I missed it somewhere.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:24 PM   #16
deolio
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (13)
deolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfectiondeolio is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 13 reviews
^click on the gym and then there should be a button in the bottom right corner. it gets super glitchy when there are a lot of people battling the gym at the same time, which might be your issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyced View Post
Are there Pokemons literally anywhere with signal? My partents have 500 acres of woodland filled with trails. Could I just walk around and literally find them in the wild?
yeah pretty much, but i typically stay around stops so i can keep stocking up on pokeballs and shit.

if you get a couple friends with lure modules and find a couple stops fairly close together you can walk back and forth between the two and rack up a ton of pokemon in no time at all.
Old 07-11-2016, 12:33 PM   #17
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 05:41 PM   #18
exitspeed
aWingThing.com

exitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfectionexitspeed is close to perfection
I was too old to get into Pokemon back when they came out. I downloaded this thing as soon as it was available. Such a cool concept. Crazy how one game can increase a companies value by billions virtually overnight.
Old 07-11-2016, 05:55 PM   #19
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
I started playing Friday. I currently have 0 pokemon, as all three starters live inside of my neighbors apartments or garages.
I had to go to the mall to get my starter... It was worth it though. Got a starter Pikachu.
Quote:
Originally Posted by exitspeed View Post
I was too old to get into Pokemon back when they came out. I downloaded this thing as soon as it was available. Such a cool concept. Crazy how one game can increase a companies value by billions virtually overnight.
Nintendo hit the jackpot with this shit lol
Old 07-11-2016, 09:42 PM   #20
Felipe
Post Whore!

Neighbors kid: you have to walk around for it to work?

Me: yup

Neighbors kid: uninstall lol
Late Night Crew #1
Old 07-11-2016, 10:43 PM   #21
AllThingsGravy
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (2)
AllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her selfAllThingsGravy is making a name for him/her self
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
College has literally changed, everyone just chills and vibes in the quad. Friends are made so easily and its cool that it helps people get out
AllThingsGravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:12 PM   #22
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
A coworker damned near wrecked our golf cart at work last night while chasing imaginary animals on his phone. Pokemoning while driving in a distribution center wasn't the brightest idea.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:38 PM   #23
KiLLeR2001
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (46)
KiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud ofKiLLeR2001 has much to be proud of
Feedback Score: 46 reviews
I'm probably a bigger Pokemon fan than most here, and I dare not even install this game. Don't want to get sucked into the addiction.
Old 07-12-2016, 12:34 AM   #24
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Feedback Score: 215 reviews
In case you guys do not know the game was created by Niantic a Google spin off and they have access to and collect as much or more data about you than Google itself. You don't believe check the fine print. It's there in writing that they can and do collect all your data. Which means if their servers get hacked your shit is for sale.

No thanks to Facebook and Google are already to invasive do not need to sign up to another product that is gonna data mine the fuck out of me, just for the sake of an obsessive game.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 01:18 AM   #25
lunchmeat
Zilvia Addict

lunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond reputelunchmeat has a reputation beyond repute
I don't pokemon, so that's one less thing I have to worry about.
lunchmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:48 AM   #26
STR8 H8N
BANNED

STR8 H8N is an unknown quantity at this point
Let me be clear - Pokemon Go and Niantic can now:

Read all your email
Send email as you
Access all your Google drive documents (including deleting them)
Look at your search history and your Maps navigation history
Access any private photos you may store in Google Photos
And a whole lot more
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:28 AM   #27
simmode1
Post Whore!

simmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfectionsimmode1 is close to perfection
Send a message via Yahoo to simmode1
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR8 H8N View Post
Let me be clear - Pokemon Go and Niantic can now:

Read all your email
Send email as you
Access all your Google drive documents (including deleting them)
Look at your search history and your Maps navigation history
Access any private photos you may store in Google Photos
And a whole lot more
Goddammit and this shit was fun too... But it sure as hell ain't worth all that!

HARD UNINSTALL
Old 07-12-2016, 09:36 AM   #28
Mister.E
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (53)
Mister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond reputeMister.E has a reputation beyond repute
Feedback Score: 53 reviews
Update: Niantic has confirmed in a statement that the Pokémon Go app requests more permissions than it needs but that it has not accessed any user information. Google will automatically push a fix on its end to reduce the app's permissions, and Niantic will release an update to the app to make it request fewer permissions in the first place. The full statement:
"We recently discovered that the Pokémon Go account creation process on iOS erroneously requests full access permission for the user's Google account. However, Pokémon Go only accesses basic Google profile information (specifically, your user ID and e-mail address) and no other Google account information is or has been accessed or collected. Once we became aware of this error, we began working on a client-side fix to request permission for only basic Google account information, in line with the data we actually access. Google has verified that no other information has been received or accessed by Pokémon Go or Niantic. Google will soon reduce Pokémon Go's permission to only the basic profile data that Pokémon Go needs, and users do not need to take any actions themselves."
Old 07-12-2016, 09:45 AM   #29
Goofs
Zilvia Addict

My coolest catch so far

Old 07-12-2016, 10:21 AM   #30
Dutchmalmiss
Post Whore!

Dutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfectionDutchmalmiss is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to Dutchmalmiss
Man my OCD is cringing at your notification bar haha. Nice find tho.