Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum

Go Back   Zilvia.net Forums | Nissan 240SX (Silvia) and Z (Fairlady) Car Forum > Marketplace > For Sale Items

For Sale Items Post items for sale here. ABSOLUTELY NO COMMERCIAL SALES.

Old 03-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
Philipio
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (8)
Philipio is an unknown quantity at this point
Feedback Score: 8 reviews
FOR SALE: S14 Tanabe Pro Seven Coilovers (10k/8k) with TEAS controller

SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD SOLD

FOR SALE: S14 Tanabe Pro Seven Coilovers (10k/8k) with TEAS (Tanabe Electronic Active Suspension) controller. Not pictured but these DO include the two original spanner wrenches.

I purchased these coilovers brand new back in 2008 for ~$2500 with the electronic controller. They have about 25,000 miles on them. These are EXTREMELY rare, premium coilovers, just about impossible to find for sale. These aren't your typical $1k S-chassis coilovers. The Sevens have nothing but incredible reviews. These are incredibly comfortable and perform VERY well. They can also go super low if that's your thing. These came out right around the time the big financial recession started and were subsequently discontinued soon after. According to Tanabe USA back in 2009, they were "discontinued due to high cost of production and low orders because of poor economical times." Long story short, not a lot of ballers during the recession.

Around the time they were released, Jordan Innovations posted on Zilvia:
"Tanabe Sevens are, in my opinion, the best of the 'premium' coilovers - sure Zeals cost more, and Cuscos will make you popular with the STI crowd, but Tanabe Sevens already come with hardcore springs (10k/8k), are valved correctly for their unbelievable range of adjustability (from great ride to super-track-stiff), and are serviceable right here in Torrance, CA I believe (Tanabe USA is in socal). Search for my post in a coilover thread here (I've done a couple write-ups) and you'll see why they're so good."

For those unfamiliar with TEAS, it provides manual AND automatic dampening changes based on speed. EXTREMELY easy to wire up, seriously no effort involved, I paid for a half hour of labor. I can't explain what a luxury/performance benefit it is and I'm extremely distraught to have to go back to manual adjusters after all these years. Being able to adjust dampening while driving is the absolute best feeling. Read more at: http://www.tanabe-usa.com/teas.asp?id=17

12 Way adjustable dampening (16 with TEAS)
Helper springs for S chassis rear for improved traction
Super durable design for long term reliability
Slide Valve technology for wide range of adjustments
Spring Rate:
Front: 10 kg/mm
Rear: 8 kg/mm

$1500 SHIPPED OR BEST OFFER. Keep in mind TEAS is ~$600 on its own. No I'm not willing to sell these without the TEAS controller.

Last edited by Philipio; 06-01-2014 at 02:18 PM..
Philipio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
Philipio
Leaky Injector

Make offer. The pending buyer stopped responding to PMs.
Old 04-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #3
Philipio
Leaky Injector

Still open to all offers. PM me.